Thread: Dan Ryder Returns

Torture

Default Dan Ryder Returns

As per Sutter on the Fan 960, Daniel Ryder will be returning to hockey, and attending the Flames prospect camp.

Must have seen his brother\'s contract and decided to come back. :laugh:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Torture wrote:
    As per Sutter on the Fan 960, Daniel Ryder will be returning to hockey, and attending the Flames prospect camp.

Must have seen his brother\'s contract and decided to come back. :laugh:
    very interesting.

thanks for the heads up.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

I\'ve been saying for weeks that Ryder\'s been in a training regiment. Good to officially hear he\'s back in the fold.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Ace

Well i hope that he has cleared whatever cobwebs were clouding his brain and he now wants to work for it, because he certainly gave the impression that he expected it all to be presented on a plate. :angry:
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Guru

awesome news, thanks for the info torture!

we\'re gonna need him next year for sure.

I...am your father.

Torture - thanks for this
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Torture

UKflames wrote:
    Well i hope that he has cleared whatever cobwebs were clouding his brain and he now wants to work for it, because he certainly gave the impression that he expected it all to be presented on a plate. :angry:
    Kerr asked Sutter if he now had the right frame of mind and all that good stuff and Sutter said that he did. That he\'ll be attending prospect camp to compete for a spot.

Dobber Sports Guru

Torture wrote:
    UKflames wrote:
    Kerr asked Sutter if he now had the right frame of mind and all that good stuff and Sutter said that he did. That he\'ll be attending prospect camp to compete for a spot.
    so dope!!! i hope he still has his game.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

interesting note - In Gare Joyce\'s prospect book, he mentions Ryder being a real wild kid and a \"disciple\" of Steve Downie on that Peterborough team. Ryder would copy Downie\'s dumb antics. Maybe he just grew up?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

angus wrote:
    interesting note - In Gare Joyce\'s prospect book, he mentions Ryder being a real wild kid and a \"disciple\" of Steve Downie on that Peterborough team. Ryder would copy Downie\'s dumb antics. Maybe he just grew up?
    He had energy, but I never really saw him do stupid stuff like Downie. He was a sparkplug with great offensive skills.

I think he just had personal stuff to deal with. Overcoming that stuff IS growing up, and I think he\'s come to his decision on where he wants his life to go. It\'s almost the norm for kids who work their way through the minor hockey leagues and through the draft to go to an NHL team and whatnot. Most of those kids are pretty level headed, or at least determined to see through to their future. We rarely see guys who have other things on their plate to deal with, and I guess it comes as a shock when a kid gets off the rails to think his decision through. It\'s not a real question of heart and motivation all the time. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it\'s relationships, family stuff, diseases, mental stuff.

We kind of take for granted that these kids\' lives are hockey hockey hockey, and kind of forget it\'s a job, a game, and source of income at the end of the day.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

PROSPECTS

Dobber Sports Ace

lockedge wrote:
    angus wrote:
    He had energy, but I never really saw him do stupid stuff like Downie. He was a sparkplug with great offensive skills.

I think he just had personal stuff to deal with. Overcoming that stuff IS growing up, and I think he\'s come to his decision on where he wants his life to go. It\'s almost the norm for kids who work their way through the minor hockey leagues and through the draft to go to an NHL team and whatnot. Most of those kids are pretty level headed, or at least determined to see through to their future. We rarely see guys who have other things on their plate to deal with, and I guess it comes as a shock when a kid gets off the rails to think his decision through. It\'s not a real question of heart and motivation all the time. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it\'s relationships, family stuff, diseases, mental stuff.

We kind of take for granted that these kids\' lives are hockey hockey hockey, and kind of forget it\'s a job, a game, and source of income at the end of the day.
    A beautiful piece of work, i\'m holding back those tears....
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Pro

UKflames wrote:
    lockedge wrote:
    angus wrote:

A beautiful piece of work, i\'m holding back those tears....
    :laugh: What can I say?
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

PROSPECTS