Thread: Another Draft Thread

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Another Draft Thread

Just completed my draft and was looking for some feedback/areas of improvement.

12 Team Yahoo League.

G,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    GS, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SH

I picked 3rd. My initial thoughts are that I don't like my LW and I reached for goalies a little too early.

Ovechkin
    Bobrovsky
    Crawford
    Backstrom
    Simmonds
    D. Sedin
    H. Sedin
    Shattenkirk
    Giordano
    Little
    Nugent Hopkins
    Carlson
    Brown
    Cammalleri
    Trouba
    Jake Allen
    Craig Smith
    Horton
    Ward
    Enstrom
    Brassard
    Zajack
    Boedker
    Courterier

Thanks

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Another Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodshowcase View Post
    Just completed my draft and was looking for some feedback/areas of improvement.

12 Team Yahoo League.

G,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    GS, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SH

I picked 3rd. My initial thoughts are that I don't like my LW and I reached for goalies a little too early.

Ovechkin
    Bobrovsky
    Crawford
    Backstrom
    Simmonds
    D. Sedin
    H. Sedin
    Shattenkirk
    Giordano
    Little
    Nugent Hopkins
    Carlson
    Brown
    Cammalleri
    Trouba
    Jake Allen
    Craig Smith
    Horton
    Ward
    Enstrom
    Brassard
    Zajack
    Boedker
    Courterier

Thanks
    I think you have a good team for a 12 team league. I'll add this : I love that you got two "elite duo". Sedins & Ovi-Back. You will do good in the offensive cats because of this IMO.

I would try to find a way to add a Matt Martin type of player to boost up hit. You do have some good hitters in Ovi-Simmonds-Giordano-Brown but you do own a lot of "soft" players like Backstrom-Sedins-RNH-Cammy. Anyway without looking at other teams, I feel like you have a top3 team in a 12 team league.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Taking Bob and Crow that soon was a little premature but the fact that Backstrom slid makes it alright in my opinion.
    You may find some people saying that with so many forward categories you should have stacked D as mediocre goalies could have pulled off Gs/Sv and maybe W.
    Looks like you might be OK in HITS as yougo mentioned, all depends on other guys teams' - same with FW - what are some other core players like?

The Great One

Seeing Bobrovsky go before Crawford makes it look like you grabbed him too early, although we can't tell if you reached for goalies too early in general unless we know when some others were selected. But I'm actually not against grabbing two goalies in your first three picks if this was a snake draft, which in turn would mean your fourth round selection was 46th overall.

I also think you grabbed the Sedins too early, if only based on the fact that you could grab Little three rounds later.

Your late round picks seem decent, and I like how your defensemen look in that you balanced out some one dimensional guys with several multi-cat types.

On paper you also seem to be hurting in goal scoring, as unless I'm missing something only one of your guys (Simmonds) even finished in the top 50 goal scorers for 2013-14.

If I'm being honest I have to peg this team to finish in the middle or even bottom half of your league. Sorry - I hope I'm wrong.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks to you all for the feedback. I am a little concerned about goal scoring but think I have a few players who will improve on last years totals like Sedin and Cammalleri.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Seeing Bobrovsky go before Crawford makes it look like you grabbed him too early, although we can't tell if you reached for goalies too early in general unless we know when some others were selected. But I'm actually not against grabbing two goalies in your first three picks if this was a snake draft, which in turn would mean your fourth round selection was 46th overall.

I also think you grabbed the Sedins too early, if only based on the fact that you could grab Little three rounds later.

Your late round picks seem decent, and I like how your defensemen look in that you balanced out some one dimensional guys with several multi-cat types.

On paper you also seem to be hurting in goal scoring, as unless I'm missing something only one of your guys (Simmonds) even finished in the top 50 goal scorers for 2013-14.

If I'm being honest I have to peg this team to finish in the middle or even bottom half of your league. Sorry - I hope I'm wrong.
    Where did Ovechkin finish in goal scoring last year? He drafted him as well.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Fairly unique league setup in all of the categories you have selected. That's way more than your typical league.

It's funny I hate you taking goalies in rounds 2-3 but love the Backstrom-Simmonds-Sedin-Sedin picks and think they make up for reaching on goalies. I also think you have some really nice subtle value in your D-men. They're not big names but they are big value.

Overall I think you have a top-4 team but with that many categories I'm not as sure as in a standard league.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR