Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team Audit please?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Team Audit please?

Still have some irons in the fire but wanted to get an audit of how I see my team of keepers shaping up.

Full team in signature prior to setting keepers. Where are my weaknesses?

C - Tavares, Getzlaf
    L - Hall, Kunitz
    R - Perry, Eberle
    D - Karlsson, OEL, Ehrhoff, Rielly
    G - Bobrovsky, Crawford
    Util - (LW)JVR, (C/LW) Kuznetsov

Fringe... Trying to make a trade one two to move these guys or keep them and move others above
    RW Pominville, D Carlson

Is there any appetite to keep Pominville over JVR if it means dropping the other should a move not materialize?
    Any glaring weaknesses?

Need to finalize my keepers.

TKS.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Team Audit please?

Looking at your keepers, I think you lack depth at RW.

By that I mean if you look at your Centers, you have two top10 options. Same at LW. On RW, you have probably the best RW but I don't think Eberle is a top10 RW nor does he have the upside to become one.

In goal you are lock and loaded. So basically, find a way to upgrade your RW. Perhaps packaging Pominville & Eberle for an upgrade.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Looking at your keepers, I think you lack depth at RW.

By that I mean if you look at your Centers, you have two top10 options. Same at LW. On RW, you have probably the best RW but I don't think Eberle is a top10 RW nor does he have the upside to become one.

In goal you are lock and loaded. So basically, find a way to upgrade your RW. Perhaps packaging Pominville & Eberle for an upgrade.
    I hear ya... But who is a decent upgrade from Eberle on RW that could be had for Eberle and Pominville?

The Great One

If I count correctly, each of the 11 teams has a 25 player roster, which means 275 total players are owned. If that's indeed the case, then on paper your team should easily have among the top group of retentions within the league. Sure - there will be holes, but every one of the 11 teams will be in the same boat - most more so than you I'd imagine.

In your draft, focus on guys who give you cheap PPP or PIM. Oh, and if you want my 2 cents you should get rid of GWG as a category, or weight it less. My league did that a few years ago and we've all since said that we can't realize why we kept it as long as we did!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Great. Thanks Rizz. I do agree about that stat. It's like having SHG's aswell. Total random stat that you can't really strategize for. If much prefer Hits or FOW which would open up an entire new dynamic to players not already taken.

You are right... We keep 14 and draft up to 25. We will be adding an expansion team this year so 14 best will be gone before the draft.

As for YOUGO... Thanks for your insight. I reviewed the RE's in my league and can't seem to see a deal where I could upgrade from eberle for eberle and Pom. However I wonder if I could upgrade my RW by moving a JVR and possibly one of my 5 d...the one I won't be keeping... Carlson?

Dobber Sports Master

Great looking team with a limited number of holes that need fixing.

You may want to package Eberle and Pominville for a single stud RW, but I know those aren't easy trades to pull off. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Great looking team with a limited number of holes that need fixing.

You may want to package Eberle and Pominville for a single stud RW, but I know those aren't easy trades to pull off. Otherwise, you should be fine.
    Thanks bud. You're not the first to say that. My counter...which remains unanswered ... What RW upgrade from Eberle do you think I could get by moving eberle and using Pominville as the top up? I only ask because you are the second to say the exact same thing and I'm Flored. In my league, eberle is ranked 15th among RW and the only ones in reaching distance ranked higher seem to be Simmonds, Backes, Neal, Skinner, St.luois, Nash...after that you hit Mack and he and above are untouchable.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Still have some irons in the fire but wanted to get an audit of how I see my team of keepers shaping up.

Full team in signature prior to setting keepers. Where are my weaknesses?

C - Tavares, Getzlaf
    L - Hall, Kunitz
    R - Perry, Eberle
    D - Karlsson, OEL, Ehrhoff, Rielly
    G - Bobrovsky, Crawford
    Util - (LW)JVR, (C/LW) Kuznetsov

Fringe... Trying to make a trade one two to move these guys or keep them and move others above
    RW Pominville, D Carlson

Is there any appetite to keep Pominville over JVR if it means dropping the other should a move not materialize?
    Any glaring weaknesses?

Need to finalize my keepers.

TKS.
    Have you ever lost in this league?

I should be asking you about team/trade advice. Your team is ridiculous in an 11 team keep 14 league. Seriously, do you win every year?

The Great One

Dont listen to the RW upgrade posts.

Eberle is a fine option to have.....especially as 2nd(!!) RW.

Again, your team is stupid good. If anything your UTIL players could use an upgrade but even JVR and Kuz are amazing players to have as your 7 and 8 forward options.

If you really want to upgrade a position, use Crawford and whatever good player your going to be dropping that would probably be a keeper on another team to get a better goalie. Even then Crawford with this format is pretty good. I can't find a hole in this roster. Sit back and enjoy! Winning is what it's all about.

PS) You're an assh0le for posting your roster and making all of us look bad.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm a big fan of moving Eberle and Pominville as a package too. It's just hard for us to recommend who to flip them for because it depends so much on the other GMs and how they value players.

I would definitely send out some feelers and key in on someone that overvalues Eberle (likely as PPG player). Then I'd make the flip. I would try to get a RW.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    I'm a big fan of moving Eberle and Pominville as a package too. It's just hard for us to recommend who to flip them for because it depends so much on the other GMs and how they value players.

I would definitely send out some feelers and key in on someone that overvalues Eberle (likely as PPG player). Then I'd make the flip. I would try to get a RW.
    Not really that hard to suggest who to flip them for. What RE's are out there that are better than Eberle but could be had FOR Eberle and a Pominville cherry?

It's hard because I propose there is no one that fits that bill. But would gladly take the challenge by an opposing view!

Dobber Sports Pro

Well, look at your league scoring and identify the guys that scored higher in fantasy points than Eberle last year. I could give you a points ranking, but that's not much good to you.

It also strongly depends on the GMs, IMO. Some GMs are much harder to get a deal done with than others.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Dont listen to the RW upgrade posts.

Eberle is a fine option to have.....especially as 2nd(!!) RW.

Again, your team is stupid good. If anything your UTIL players could use an upgrade but even JVR and Kuz are amazing players to have as your 7 and 8 forward options.

If you really want to upgrade a position, use Crawford and whatever good player your going to be dropping that would probably be a keeper on another team to get a better goalie. Even then Crawford with this format is pretty good. I can't find a hole in this roster. Sit back and enjoy! Winning is what it's all about.

PS) You're an assh0le for posting your roster and making all of us look bad.
    Lol...thanks for all the praise Guru.

No I have never win my league yet...but in 5 years I have finished 3rd twice, and 2nd last year, however, I think I may have finished first had it not been for my Rinne and Crawford injuries and then JT's after the Olympics. I would suggest that I am the most active GM in my league so my team has changed much over the years, but what you see here has been a deliberate build for the past 2 years. And I think I now have the skill, talent and durability to make my bid for 1st. I must admit though...the thought of targeting a better option than Crawford is very interesting! Hmmmm.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Only weakness for me would be the what does Kuz do question. I would not be looking to move Eberle, if I was going to try and upgrade anyone on this team it might be trying to move one of the goalies + to take a stab at Rask or Price to lock down your sweet sweet dominance.

That said I sit on this team till November and see where I stand with Kuz before I make moves.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Im keeping Carlson over Reilly if youre in win mode right now... other than that your team is pretty solid