Thread: FULL Mock Draft - Yahoo - Wednesday Sept 3rd- 7:15pm EST

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default FULL Mock Draft - Yahoo - Wednesday Sept 3rd- 7:15pm EST

Stealing an idea from Fighting Emu, I am hoping to complete a mock draft with a deeper setup and non-standard yahoo categories. The only way to do this is to setup an actual yahoo league and complete a "real draft" for said league as opposed to the mock draft lobby. Once the draft is completed I'll delete the league if possible, otherwise the league will simply run all year with most owners not bothering to follow it. I realize yahoo may have a maximum number of leagues one person may join, if this is an issue you could create a new yahoo account for the draft.

I've setup a league with the following settings:
    3 C, 3LW, 3RW
    4D
    2G
    5 Bench
    1 IR

Skater stats: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Draft time: Wednesday Sept 3rd 7:15 EST (4:15 Pacific)

If you'd like to join the draft send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you added to the league. First 11 takers will be added. If you realize you can't make the draft after the fact let me know so I can boot you for someone else who can.

Finally, while I'm open somewhat to changing the draft date and time realistically it won't be possible to find a time that accommodates everyone. Feel free to post a suggested alternative time but don't take offence if I keep it where it is right now.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: FULL Mock Draft - Yahoo - Wednesday Sept 3rd- 7:15pm EST

I'd love to join, couple suggestions:

1. Open it up to be deeper, as many positions as you can. Minimum 4C/4LW/4RW/6D... more at each skater position if possible... 6/6/6/8. The point being that you can still gain the value you want to gain from a shorter draft... but the depth has value to those in deeper drafts where they might be curious to know if a guy is going to go or not. More slots won't affect the front part of the draft... or goalies. You could even suggest that people should draft their team for 3/3/3/5/2 +5 setting and then expand deeper by SKATERS ONLY. One of my leagues will be 12-teams with a 4/4/4/6. The Dobber Tier leagues are 4/4/4/6 with 14 or 15 teams... so depth is an important value factor for me to participate in a long, serious MOCK.

2. I have to help put down the kids at 8pm... 8:15pm (EST) or later would be best for me. I can't really justify to my wife bailing on parenting for a "mock" draft!

Banned

im interested in joining a "real" mock draft as well, but my league cats likely won't have any interest here

6 teams, 24 players each, pts only.

if anyone is up for a draft like that, I would be more than willing to start one, as it will help tremendously!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'd love to join, couple suggestions:

1. Open it up to be deeper, as many positions as you can. Minimum 4C/4LW/4RW/6D... more at each skater position if possible... 6/6/6/8. The point being that you can still gain the value you want to gain from a shorter draft... but the depth has value to those in deeper drafts where they might be curious to know if a guy is going to go or not. More slots won't affect the front part of the draft... or goalies. You could even suggest that people should draft their team for 3/3/3/5/2 +5 setting and then expand deeper by SKATERS ONLY. One of my leagues will be 12-teams with a 4/4/4/6. The Dobber Tier leagues are 4/4/4/6 with 14 or 15 teams... so depth is an important value factor for me to participate in a long, serious MOCK.
    Good idea. I will do this. That way those who want to draft for really deep an while those in slightly shallower leagues can more or less zone out when we reach our league's depth.

2. I have to help put down the kids at 8pm... 8:15pm (EST) or later would be best for me. I can't really justify to my wife bailing on parenting for a "mock" draft!
    noted with the caveats listed in the OP.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR