Thread: True Blood (Spoilers?)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default True Blood (Spoilers?)

Can we talk about how terrible the True Blood finale was? what the hell was that stack of cow crap?

Spoilers:

7 seasons of an on and off again love relationship between Sookie and Vampire Bill. (and lots of trouble for the Sookie in every season ) Bill contracts a curable disease and refuses to get cured because his love for Sookie is so powerful he wants to let her go and be a normal human. He is doing it for her because she can't do it herself. um..... so in classic trite fashion they have Sookie kill bill (pun intended) with a stake. and she lives happily ever after. **** you True Blood. weak.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: True Blood (Spoilers?)

Yeah it was very weak, the show had been going downhill since about season 4 though so yeah...., nothing in this last season was any good I thought, except that one yakuza Eric killed by pulling off his jaw.... That was awesome!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Master

true blood fell off the rails a long time ago

poor LaFayette didnt even get a line in the finale

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Yeah it was very weak, the show had been going downhill since about season 4 though so yeah...., nothing in this last season was any good I thought, except that one yakuza Eric killed by pulling off his jaw.... That was awesome!
    when he had 4 of them piled into the back seat bobbing his head to the music was a pretty cool moment .

brigette showing jason how not to have sex when sleeping beside someone was a letdown lol

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    when he had 4 of them piled into the back seat bobbing his head to the music was a pretty cool moment .

brigette showing jason how not to have sex when sleeping beside someone was a letdown lol
    yea, agree with you on the bobbing his head, best moment in the show all season.

Find the movie About Cherry. Solves any disappointments of that girl.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Master

The only season I enjoyed of the three I watched was season #1. After that initial season, it just got sillier and sillier. That being said, I watched the series finale with my wife, who never gave it up, and even she, a true fan obviously, was unimpressed.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    Can we talk about how terrible the True Blood finale was? what the hell was that stack of cow crap?

Spoilers:

7 seasons of an on and off again love relationship between Sookie and Vampire Bill. (and lots of trouble for the Sookie in every season ) Bill contracts a curable disease and refuses to get cured because his love for Sookie is so powerful he wants to let her go and be a normal human. He is doing it for her because she can't do it herself. um..... so in classic trite fashion they have Sookie kill bill (pun intended) with a stake. and she lives happily ever after. **** you True Blood. weak.
    Terrible.

Made for the wife for sure. Not for me

Wrapping things up? Okay, let's give it a B+. Everything was tied together nicely and good to see everyone happy.
    Entertaining? Is there a rating below F-?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

The last 3 episodes were really bad. It was like they were scrambling to wrap everything up. Watching the last episoide made me even stupider than I already am. I didn't need that. Majorly disappointed. Huge thanks that it didn't go another season.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    The last 3 episodes were really bad. It was like they were scrambling to wrap everything up. Watching the last episoide made me even stupider than I already am. I didn't need that. Majorly disappointed. Huge thanks that it didn't go another season.
    I got a hey , hey , hey !!! from my wife when I tried to fast forward through hoyt/jessica's wedding .

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I got a hey , hey , hey !!! from my wife when I tried to fast forward through hoyt/jessica's wedding .
    I tried the same thing! Man that dragged on. Same with Sookie in the coffin
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The whole show was all over the place aside from the first two seasons, pretty much. I never expected a proper ending, so this episode was actually above my expectations. It was meh, but it was at least a proper ending.
    GO WINGS!