Thread: Was the site partially down today?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Was the site partially down today?

I had a rough time getting in between about 1pm-5pm Eastern.
    Anybody else?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Was the site partially down today?

Yea I tweeted Dobber about it. Some more site maintenance for about 3 hours, then it went back up, then it went down again for an hour.

Banned

I haven't been able to get on at all for about 8 hours now. Up until now that is.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yep, and when this happens I normally turn to twitter to see if Dobber has any updates on there as to the issue. There was some sort of issue and he gave a couple updates. this was the last one:

https://twitter.com/DobberHockey/sta...83339164708864

Attention: back in business. For now, I had to cut session times to 2 hours of inactivity auto-logout (used to be 6) #PraiseGretzky
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

It turns out the fix that was done last night used an extension that was draining a lot of memory. We disabled the extension. I also cut session time to 15 minutes (which is why you see "300 users online" instead of 3000). For now, that means you will be logged out quickly. I will get a check box in there to keep you logged in, but that will be later.

It's been hell. This whole process. I know I've whined about it enough, but it really has been something else. Two steps forward, one step back. I'll get there though.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

No worries.
    Improving is like painting a room.
    Always involves a temporary major mess somewhere else.
    In the end, it'll be all good.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    No worries.
    Improving is like painting a room.
    Always involves a temporary major mess somewhere else.
    In the end, it'll be all good.
    Well, when I left this room to have dinner, some vandals entered and grabbed both cans of paint and started throwing them back and forth across the room. Then they grabbed the paintcan opener and started stabbing the walls with it. Then they took a leak in the corner. Then they left. But as they walked past the window they threw a rock through it. And then I came back from dinner.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Hope you won't have to take steps backwards again!

Dobber Sports Deity

I rarely look to see who's online as it doesn't seem accurate but this should make a difference.

It sucks having to deal with people who have nothing better to do than screw around with websites.

15 minutes? Geez, I will have to speed it up in the bathroom at work I guess.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I rarely look to see who's online as it doesn't seem accurate but this should make a difference.

It sucks having to deal with people who have nothing better to do than screw around with websites.

15 minutes? Geez, I will have to speed it up in the bathroom at work I guess.
    Just the main site, not the forum. Forum is okay. And I think in the main site if you go the login page, you can check a box and it will keep you logged in. I believe

Dobber Sports Ace

Since I am self-employed, if Dobber's site is down, then I can go back to doing my real work, which is almost as fun!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Just the main site, not the forum. Forum is okay. And I think in the main site if you go the login page, you can check a box and it will keep you logged in. I believe
    Right on, I will take a look.

Dobber Sports Ace

I had a lot of trouble yesterday afternoon too, it mostly seemed to be working but it was extremely slow
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15