Thread: House of Cards: Theme Song vs. Lullaby: The Cure

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default House of Cards: Theme Song vs. Lullaby: The Cure

I know there is a few forum members that dig the Netflix show "House of Cards".
    One of my favourite things about the show was the theme song.
    Spooky.
    Love it... just a total mood setter for the show.
    (I'm at the point where I'll actually skip the Game of Thrones theme when I watch on Disc, but I've never skipped the House of Cards theme).

Anyways, I was just listening to my iPod... and the Cure's "Lullaby" comes on.
    Crazy. It's like the template for the theme.

So I researched it online and didn't find anything.
    But I did find a neat article about how the House of Cards composer changed the Violins (Season 1 theme) to Cellos (Season 2 theme) to make it "darker".
    I thought that was pretty neat.

Here's the link to the House of Cards theme song info:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2...heme_song.html

And here's The Cure's song, Lullaby, if anybody cares to compare:
    (specifically listen to the instrument come in at 42 seconds... what is that? violin?)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: House of Cards: Theme Song vs. Lullaby: The Cure

How is season 2? I was recently listening to a BS Report with Andy Greenwald and they summed up my views on season 1 perfectly. Spoiler alert- After the death of a major character in season 1, I lost a lot of interest in the show. Spacey and Wright's characters are so unlikable that I just don't care too much about the show. It's high quality and interesting but for as long as season 2 has been out, I have never felt the urge to watch.

In terms of the intro, Lullaby is a great song. Actually, Disintegration is in the team picture for greatest album I've ever heard. Dark, deep, mysterious- awesome.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    How is season 2? I was recently listening to a BS Report with Andy Greenwald and they summed up my views on season 1 perfectly. Spoiler alert- After the death of a major character in season 1, I lost a lot of interest in the show. Spacey and Wright's characters are so unlikable that I just don't care too much about the show. It's high quality and interesting but for as long as season 2 has been out, I have never felt the urge to watch.

In terms of the intro, Lullaby is a great song. Actually, Disintegration is in the team picture for greatest album I've ever heard. Dark, deep, mysterious- awesome.
    Intersting. I'm also not a fan of Wright's character, but I love the show specifically because of Spacey.

My only real comments on this is House of Cards is awesome, and Season 2 is awesome.

Dobber Sports Ace

Season 2 was just as good if not better, Kevin Spacey is perfect in the role, had they chosen someone else it would not be near as believable and compelling

Can't wait for season 3
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    Season 2 was just as good if not better, Kevin Spacey is perfect in the role, had they chosen someone else it would not be near as believable and compelling

Can't wait for season 3
    100% agree with all of this. He has the perfect voice/tone/mannerisms

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I thought Season 1 & 2 were both excellent.
    5/5 stars, for my viewing.

Dobber Sports Star

I thought Season 1 was excellent, and Season 2 was very good, but not as good as Season 1. I am concerned that this is a show that will have difficulty maintaining momentum. The writing is a little choppy for me, too; not as good as most HBO shows, although being Netflix's first real foray into its own series, it is understandable.

Rylant