Thread: Best baseball prank ever

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Best baseball prank ever

Apparently, a minor league baseball team convinced former major leaguer Jeff Francour that a relief pitcher was deaf. It went on for quite a while before the team finally clued him in.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Best baseball prank ever

This video made me think of a story my grandfather once told me.

My grandfather once told a family friend who arrived for a visit and who hadn't visited in years that my grandmother was going deaf. He instructed his friend to speak loudly to her. Upon entering the house, and while the guest removed his coat in the porch, my grandfather told my grandmother that the guest was going deaf and that she should speak loudly to him if she wanted him to hear her. The legend goes that the whole dinner conversation was shouted across the table until my grandfather finally fessed up as the guest was preparing to leave. It must have been hilarious!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy