Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Patric Hornqvist VS Loui Eriksson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Patric Hornqvist VS Loui Eriksson

Quote Originally Posted by SittingRed View Post
    Agreed. Last year Loui played mostly with 3rd liners and still did alright considering the concussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I'd put really good money on him shooting 300+ in Pittsburgh. He had 248 in 76 last year, a prorated 297 in 12/13, 230 in 76 in 11/12, 265 in 75 in 10/11 and 275 in 80 in 09/10. That's with mediocre centermen feeding him the puck.

The Pens consistently outshoot the Preds year in year out. And he'll have Crosby or Malkin feeding him the puck.

I'd say 325 SOG.

Look at Neal - he was a 200 SOG guy in Dallas, and then he goes to the Pens and BOOM: 329 in 11/12, a prorated 280 during the lockout season, and then a prorated 320+ last year.

That's why Hornqvist owners are rejoicing, and Neal owners are weeping.
    I'm a Hornqvist owner and I am ecstatic but still think 300 is a stretch. I see what your saying but Neil is a different kind of player than Hornqvist. Neil moves and is a shooter, Horny parks and gets rebounds. Reminds me a bit like Franzen. I'd love it if he hits 300. The pens need a player like Horny, hopefully it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Uh, isnt Eriksson proven to suck at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

Jokinen was awesome in Pitts...
    Eriksson sucks and Jokinen is awesome...okay...

Playing with Malkin and Neil and only getting 57 points is far from awesome. It might be awesome for him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol, It's Neal, but I think Roos showed Hornqvist is a shooter. And not to mention, He parked and got rebounds because thats what he needed to do to be successful. I think he definitely has the ability to get open and has a pretty decent shot.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Neal, Thanks for catching that. Haha. I always make that mistake.

I never said Horny wasn't a shooter, I said 300+ is a stretch and is a different kind of player than Neal.

Yes, Horny needs to park in front of the net to be successful because he doesn't have a good shot. So let me rephrase: Horny parks and gets rebounds because he doesn't have a shot.

It's been one of the things that haunted him when he got drafted but kudos to him for adjusting his game and standing in front of Weber's shot. He'll need to keep doing it, the Pens need a heart and soul type who'll sit in front of the net.