Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Ferguson military police force

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Ferguson military police force

More police sensibility: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/08/19/ferguson/

One of the things that strike me every time I see it or read about it is that the cops are pointing their rifles at people all the time.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    More police sensibility: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/08/19/ferguson/

One of the things that strike me every time I see it or read about it is that the cops are pointing their rifles at people all the time.
    Jeez... these police are doing nothing to help their image...

When we got to the jail, an officer took all my belongings and placed them in a bag, and told me that I was free to make my one phone call. When I told her that my lawyer’s phone number was in my wallet, she replied that it was too late (pro tip: write your lawyer’s phone number in Sharpie on your arm). The only way my editor learned that I had been arrested was because David Carson, a photographer with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (who took the photographs in this post), happened to be embedded with the tactical team that arrested us. While we were at the command center, I asked him to post news of our arrests to his Twitter feed. (Thanks, David.)
    Seriously, every city cop should be benched from these protests and have, I dunno, officers from Oregon or somewhere flown in.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    You're right, I should have assumed that your entire twitter feed was comprised of award winning journalists... my mistake.
    Come on, don't act daft when you're not. What do you think is in my feed? It's journalists like Scahill, Taibbi, gaming writers like Jim Sterling, hockey writers like George Malik, authors like Neil Gaiman, nerdy people like Chris Kluwe, Wil Wheaton. All of them have shown themselves to understand critical thinking and checking sources. I trust them and the perspectives they are sharing. I trust videos and streams that give proper context and aren't just snippets. I trust journalists that are on the scene reporting. And it all, many many many different people, videos, articles and sites, paints the same picture. The source material is too diverse and too numerous to doubt.

So there, that's why your line of commenting is ridiculous and stupid.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Come on, don't act daft when you're not. What do you think is in my feed? It's journalists like Scahill, Taibbi, gaming writers like Jim Sterling, hockey writers like George Malik, authors like Neil Gaiman, nerdy people like Chris Kluwe, Wil Wheaton. All of them have shown themselves to understand critical thinking and checking sources. I trust them and the perspectives they are sharing. I trust videos and streams that give proper context and aren't just snippets. I trust journalists that are on the scene reporting. And it all, many many many different people, videos, articles and sites, paints the same picture. The source material is too diverse and too numerous to doubt.

So there, that's why your line of commenting is ridiculous and stupid.
    I'd say trite and pithy would be a better characterization... and honestly I had no clue who was in your twitter feed, and without links or you specifying who you were following I didn't feel inclined to guess. That said, the fact that you probably have a 'good' twitter feed doesn't discount the fact that twitter itself is host to a large array of misleading and biased information (as well as some really good stuff, to be fair).

Look, I don't particularly want to argue semantics as it somewhat detracts from the issue at hand. Let's just say my post was more bemused social commentary than a critique of how you obtain your news... and I'm sorry if you felt I was being dismissive of your sources/perspective.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril