Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson military police force

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ferguson military police force

Ok so I used it correctly....I think you take issue more with my perception of your attitude in your posts.....maybe I'm wrong...it's hard to convey tone in a typed message.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    The US is a democracy and it's political leanings are to be determined by its citizens and taxpayers. Our way of life is not to be determined by a global litmus test. Is our democracy perfect....absolutely not! But because it is perhaps different than yours doesn't mean it is wrong and needs to change? Do you see the irony in your post? You claim because our way of life is different we are wrong and need to be more like you.....hmmm sounds a lot like prejudice to me? Let's try to keep the America bashing to a minimum please.
    I stated how the US stands in a global comparison. And since you guys like going around the world, waving your dicks and guns at everyone (the US state department forcing Sweden to be a huge part of the NSA spying fiasco is just one example), I think everyone is entitled to an opinion on how your plutocracy of a country is run. Because calling it a democracy is pretty much a joke at this point.

Read this: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Dobber Sports Stud

No doubt you are entitled to an opinion. I have no problem with your opinion I just don't like others being attacked for theirs. I fully agree our capitalism is at times a direct conflict with our democracy. Like I said we are not even close to perfect!

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Quote Originally Posted by kekay_20 View Post
    Left wing = democrats....right wing = republican
    Basically the left is always going to support anything that the democrats are for and be agianst the republicans
    And opposite for the republicans
    I am neither I pick and choose what I want to stand for and vote for both parties

For example
    Left wing will tell you all guns are bad we should get rid of all guns...problem with that is do criminals obey the law would they turn their guns inif asked? I doubt it they are criminals
    Right wing believe they have the right to any and all guns and it shouldn't matter what they have....why dose anyone need a 50 cal sniper rifle that is not an active military personell who is issued that gun

People because of their nature skew their story to help them...it is common fact..you don't have to teach a child to lie they will automatically do it just like as adults we will always paint ourselves in a better picture
    The media will always report the "facts" that represent their political views
    I have to come back to this quote...sorry, kekay, I don't mean to single you out, but you offered it up.

I read this post, and others similarly worded or stated, and three quotes immediately spring to mind. Three quotes which I am reminded of almost on a daily basis. They are:

Man tends to believe what he wants to believe (I can't recall who that's from)

We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are - Anais Nin

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I am also curious as to other stereotypes to which you ascribe?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Like I said man I like a ton of your posts and you always awesome for advice and accuracy. Just don't get all worked up. I'm guessing kekay is a pretty good dude that feels bad for every side involved and probably just doesn't want every law enforcement person cast into the same lot as this offender. Much the same as you wouldn't want him casting every protestor into the same lot as few who choose to loot.

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Stud

The background on ferguson dept individually though sounds extremely disturbing....you got any good links on that?

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No doubt you are entitled to an opinion. I have no problem with your opinion I just don't like others being attacked for theirs. I fully agree our capitalism is at times a direct conflict with our democracy. Like I said we are not even close to perfect!
    Good men doing nothing is all that's needed for evil to flourish, or how does that old quote go? If someone is actively supporting racism (and there is no doubt that the Ferguson PD has a racist slant to their arrests and actions) and fascism (police using violence without question against law-abiding people who have done nothing wrong). That is what kekay_20 has done in this thread and so I will call him out on it. I will call out anyone who supports Ferguson PD's actions with the kind of argumenting kekay_20 has done and I will do it forever. It's called having a backbone. It's a huge ****ing copout to say "everyone is entitled to their opinion and shouldn't be called out" when we're talking about people supporting ANY kind of oppression.
    GO WINGS!

Like I said man I like a ton of your posts and you always awesome for advice and accuracy. Just don't get all worked up. I'm guessing kekay is a pretty good dude that feels bad for every side involved and probably just doesn't want every law enforcement person cast into the same lot as this offender. Much the same as you wouldn't want him casting every protestor into the same lot as few who choose to loot.
    Oh, I'm not worked up. I'm sure he is a good dude. I have very close friends who are ardent FoxNews viewers. That's their choice and good for them. Makes for some interesting bar conversations...lol. I would never want to hang out w/people who held the exact same views as I. That would be scary.

It's just people (myself included) say things, or adhere to views w/out any real self analysis. I do it all the time...can't be helped. But given kekay's seemingly compartmentalized view on politics and government, I find it ironic that he questions dakkster's similar rationale - albeit leaning to a different slant.

That's all.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The background on ferguson dept individually though sounds extremely disturbing....you got any good links on that?
    Aside from the links I've already posted in this thread, it's easy to find.

From USAtoday:
    1. The demographics of the Ferguson police do not represent the community

The small city of Ferguson has changed from predominantly white to having a majority black population in the last few decades. In 1970, Ferguson was 99% white; now, the city has a 29% white population and 67% black. The police department, however, does not reflect the demographics of the town's residents — only three of the 53-officer department are black. The police chief, Thomas Jackson, is white.

2. Black people account for most arrests in Ferguson

Last year, black residents accounted for 86% of the vehicle stops made by Ferguson police and nearly 93% of the arrests made from those stops, according to the state attorney general. FBI statistics show that 85% of the people arrested by Ferguson police are black, and that 92% of people arrested specifically for disorderly conduct are black.
    Here's more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrymple...ce-in-ferguson

The racial profiling is so blatant. This was 30 seconds on google. Research deeper and I can guarantee that you will find more dirt.
    GO WINGS!

And what sucks especially about this particular case is, the victim isn't around to tell his side of the story. we are left with officers who have a clear conflict of interest (see: self preservation), to present their side of the tale.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

So Dakster you are assuming then that the Furgesson police dept is turning down hiring qualified black officers? Do you have any data on that?

Also would be interested to see see the age demographics of furgeson overlaid with its racial profile? Only 29% white? Is the white population evenly distributed or is it focused heavily in the senior population?

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Oh, I'm not worked up. I'm sure he is a good dude. I have very close friends who are ardent FoxNews viewers. That's their choice and good for them. Makes for some interesting bar conversations...lol. I would never want to hang out w/people who held the exact same views as I. That would be scary.

It's just people (myself included) say things, or adhere to views w/out any real self analysis. I do it all the time...can't be helped. But given kekay's seemingly compartmentalized view on politics and government, I find it ironic that he questions dakkster's similar rationale - albeit leaning to a different slant.

That's all.
    Sorry Boom that was actually aimed at Dak but good response anyhow....my fault btw for not sating that in post

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So Dakster you are assuming then that the Furgesson police dept is turning down hiring qualified black officers? Do you have any data on that?

Also would be interested to see see the age demographics of furgeson overlaid with its racial profile? Only 29% white? Is the white population evenly distributed or is it focused heavily in the senior population?
    Hello strawman. When did I ever say anything about their hiring policies?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess another question is Dakster are the blacks who are virtually the only ones be arrested wrongly accused? They seemed to be initially investigated because of their race, which is a huge problem we are supposed to be trying to fix in America, but obviously fail at. However I would be more concerned if when investigated they are being wrongly arrested.

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Hello strawman. When did I ever say anything about their hiring policies?
    No but seriously how on earth can you hire what may not be available? I hope the investigation looks into it, because it's time to clean house if they were purposely only hiring white officers.

(G) Ward, Lack