Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson military police force

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Ferguson military police force

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Facts are facts, regardless of if a site is right or left.
    no a fact would be clear from both sides...only fact that we have as of right now is that he was shot by a police officer

no other complete facts have been reported as the investigation is not complete...you have news outlets reporting what they can get their hands on which is what we have going on now

i actually read news from both sides....i just don't blindly believe what the left wing media tells me...talk about blind

i am willing to look at what is said from both sides and form an opinion about what "really" happened on my own...not just read the left wing news and follow it blindly

form an opinion for yourself, don't just have it spoon fed to you

and keep up the insults and name calling....makes you look super smart and totally helps validate your point.....you're a winner
    Last edited by Loch; August 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM. Reason: quote removed

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont understand why people feel this situation gives them the right to loot local businesses.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont understand why people feel this situation gives them the right to loot local businesses.
    Agreed

I don't understand why the countless black-on-black shootings every single day are basically ignored yet a perceived police unwarranted shooting against a black adult is reason for mass rioting and looting. I work with a population very similar to Ferguson and I have learned the general mindset. The anti-police, anti-government sentiment is incredibly strong. The overall anger is such that many are just looking for a reason to protest and wreak havoc. I don't know the facts of this story so I won't make any judgments. But I do know that people sitting hundreds and thousands of miles away who have no idea about these communities and are only getting information from video clips on the internet have uneducated opinions. Yet sometimes they spout off the most.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by kekay_20 View Post
    i actually read news from both sides....i just don't blindly believe what the left wing media tells me...
    What exactly IS the "left-wing media"? Is that just a way to collectively refer to any news report of which you don't agree?

I'm always intrigued by that term. It gets thrown around a lot. Especially when one has no cogent rebuttal (eg, Limbaugh, Coulter et al).

I'm not throwing you into that lot...I'm just curious about your use of that term s'all.
    @SmittysRant

Left wing = democrats....right wing = republican
    Basically the left is always going to support anything that the democrats are for and be agianst the republicans
    And opposite for the republicans
    I am neither I pick and choose what I want to stand for and vote for both parties

For example
    Left wing will tell you all guns are bad we should get rid of all guns...problem with that is do criminals obey the law would they turn their guns inif asked? I doubt it they are criminals
    Right wing believe they have the right to any and all guns and it shouldn't matter what they have....why dose anyone need a 50 cal sniper rifle that is not an active military personell who is issued that gun

People because of their nature skew their story to help them...it is common fact..you don't have to teach a child to lie they will automatically do it just like as adults we will always paint ourselves in a better picture
    The media will always report the "facts" that represent their political views

Basically the left is always going to support anything that the democrats are for and be agianst the republicans
    I am neither I pick and choose what I want to stand for and vote for both parties

For example
    Left wing will tell you all guns are bad we should get rid of all guns...problem with that is do criminals obey the law would they turn their guns inif asked? I doubt it they are criminals
    Right wing believe they have the right to any and all guns and it shouldn't matter what they have....why dose anyone need a 50 cal sniper rifle that is not an active military personell who is issued that gun

People because of their nature skew their story to help them...it is common fact..you don't have to teach a child to lie they will automatically do it just like as adults we will always paint ourselves in a better picture
    Well, stating something as fact doesn't make it so. That said, if I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you use the left wing media canard much like everyone else. Fair enough.

...and I am by no means an advocate of pop-media. I avoid CNN, FoxNews etal like ebola. I tend to get my info from factcheck.org.

Thanks for replying.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

For example

the left wing does not say all guns are bad and we should get rid of all guns

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

Dakster I have liked you a lot over the last few months on this board so I hate to see you look so obtuse. Careful how you try and deliver your message, it's making you look fairly bad. Also please remember the area this is occuring in is nothing like anything you deal with in Sweeden to my knowledge. It's hard to explain racial tension to someone that has never lived with it. Someone who has an opinion on this situation and expresses it peacefully whether they be black or white, left or right is NOT wrong.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Small note: Sweden's most right-wing party is in most ways more left-leaning than the American Democrats. America has gone so far to the right in the political discourse that it can't really be talked about as right/left on most other countries' scales. The Democrats are right-wing and the Republicans are even more right-wing. On a global scale, that is. That's not even mentioning that the whole two-party system is pretty much just false dichotomy and there should easily be room for more diverse parties, but I digress. The US needs some real leftist and centrist parties.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Dakster I have liked you a lot over the last few months on this board so I hate to see you look so obtuse. Careful how you try and deliver your message, it's making you look fairly bad. Also please remember the area this is occuring in is nothing like anything you deal with in Sweeden to my knowledge. It's hard to explain racial tension to someone that has never lived with it. Someone who has an opinion on this situation and expresses it peacefully whether they be black or white, left or right is NOT wrong.
    Yeah, we have racism here as well, institutionalized in a lot of ways. Hate to burst your bubble, but the whole "you don't know this situation because you're not here" argument has so many holes that it's not even funny.

If you think that my perspective is limited to Sweden, you are very sorely mistaken. A hobby of mine happens to be reading about all sorts of societies and people, watching documentaries, talking to people from all over. I have more than enough knowledge about how life is in Ferguson compared to many other places in the world to justify having an opinion about it.

As for how I express myself towards someone who quite clearly refuses to read and comprehend basic facts and actual video just to continue supporting racist and fascist behavior by the Ferguson PD... When someone is as obtuse (yes, go look up the word for its proper use - funny that a Swede is telling an American how to use English, but it wouldn't be the first time) as kekay_20 is in this thread, I drop all pretense and go for the verbal hammer.

Dobber Sports Stud

The US is a democracy and it's political leanings are to be determined by its citizens and taxpayers. Our way of life is not to be determined by a global litmus test. Is our democracy perfect....absolutely not! But because it is perhaps different than yours doesn't mean it is wrong and needs to change? Do you see the irony in your post? You claim because our way of life is different we are wrong and need to be more like you.....hmmm sounds a lot like prejudice to me? Let's try to keep the America bashing to a minimum please.

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

I am aware of the meaning of the word obtuse....curious as to how I misused it?

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The US is a democracy and it's political leanings are to be determined by its citizens and taxpayers. Our way of life is not to be determined by a global litmus test. Is our democracy perfect....absolutely not! But because it is perhaps different than yours doesn't mean it is wrong and needs to change? Do you see the irony in your post? You claim because our way of life is different we are wrong and need to be more like you.....hmmm sounds a lot like prejudice to me? Let's try to keep the America bashing to a minimum please.
    Hahaha... I don't even...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I am aware of the meaning of the word obtuse....curious as to how I misused it?
    adjective
    not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull.

Kekay_20 has been refusing to take in the information or the situation of the abused. I would call that willfully ignorant, stupid or... being slow, aka obtuse.