Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zibanejad or Nylander

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Zibanejad or Nylander

There's some awesome feedback here and I really appreciate it. As for my roster, it's a 14 team dynasty (25 main 25 minor and 15 junior roster). Nylander can sit in my JR's for 2 years, while Zibanejad can go to my minors. Some players on my roster are Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, Mikahil Grabovski, Sam Gagner, PA Parenteau, Tyler Myers, Roberto Luongo; Fredrick Andersen, with Alex Barkov; Jonathan Huberdeau and Nail Yakupov in the minors. I need to cut salary (drop about 8M) and Zibanejad would help in replacing a Lecavalier.

What do you see as Zibanejad's upside as compared to Nylander?
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lindros88 View Post
    There's some awesome feedback here and I really appreciate it. As for my roster, it's a 14 team dynasty (25 main 25 minor and 15 junior roster). Nylander can sit in my JR's for 2 years, while Zibanejad can go to my minors. Some players on my roster are Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, Mikahil Grabovski, Sam Gagner, PA Parenteau, Tyler Myers, Roberto Luongo; Fredrick Andersen, with Alex Barkov; Jonathan Huberdeau and Nail Yakupov in the minors. I need to cut salary (drop about 8M) and Zibanejad would help in replacing a Lecavalier.

Almost identical - both will likely be a 60+ point player at some point in their careers - Zibanejad will just hit that point a couple years earlier.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ace

Zibs - 60? 65 tops?
    Nylander - ppg

Dobber Sports Deity

Upside is such a stretched, and in my opinion, a misleading number.

Both have 70-75pt "upside". There are so few players that hit that number on a regular basis though. If most think these kids will consistently hit 75pts, than I'd love to hear your "upside" predictions for the skilled forwards who were drafted ahead of these guys. Realistically, if these kids were 80pt type players, they would have been drafted higher than they were. And wasn't last year's draft class considered by many to be "weak"???

I will give you this example. Taylor Hall drafted 1st overall in 2010 JUST hit 80 pts this past year for the first time. Who was drafted 7th overall that year? Jeff Skinner who had a career year as a rookie at 63pts. Who was drafted before him? Brett Connolly. We all know how that has worked out so far. I could list others but why bother. No one, other than Seguin has even come close to their "upside".

The year before that was the year Tavares was drafted. So far in the young career from that draft class, we have a grand total of 2 players who have hit 70+ pts and Duchene (3rd overall) JUST reached 70 last year for the first time in his young career. We all know about Tavares and he was the 1st overall.

The year before that, Stamkos went 1st overall and we know about him. Other than him, we have one player who has eclipsed 70pts in his career so far (done once) and that was Jordan Eberle and he went 22nd overall.

I can keep doing this but my point is this; PPG players are few and far between. Realistically, if either of these kids can produce at a 60-65pt pace consistently year after year, considering where they were drafted, I would consider them to be having a successful NHL careers.

Upside is a great number to throw out there, but I don't find it to be realistic. It's a nice trade tool to try and gain more from your league members, but for your own team, try and be realistic with their numbers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."