Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toews + for Eberle +

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Toews + for Eberle +

Points-only keeper with no positional requirements for FWDs.
    I have this deal on the table:

My...Toews + Faulk and a late 1st

for his...Eberle + Giordano and a 3rd

The 1st could probably land someone like Hornqvist whereas the 3rd could maybe get me someone like a C. Smith.

Question is...Is Giordano that much of an improvement over Faulk?
    And are Toews and Eberle pretty close in points-only?

Looking to compete now which is why the need to upgrade on D.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Toews + for Eberle +

Stick with what you've got

Dobber Sports Stud

Toews and eberle are pretty comparable in points only and I love Gio > Faulk, but not at the cost of moving down 2 rounds in the draft. Stick tight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's a 10-team league, and that 1st rounder is 9th overall.
    I have two 1st round picks this year.
    My first one is 4th overall with which I plan to get one of the top four '14 draftees (whichever falls to me at 4th).

So the 9th overall isn't my only 1st rounder.

Is it worth it for Gio over Faulk?

Dobber Sports Novice

Toews is easily the best player in the deal, I'd stay put.
    9 Team, Pts only, 50 man, $110 mill salary, keep all - G, A, +/-, PIM, HITS, BLK, PPP, GHHT. GA, WINS, LOSS, SV, SO

F - E. Malkin, T. Hall, J. Tavares, C. McDavid, J. Eichel, N. MacKinnon, E. Kane, B. Schenn, L. Draisaitl, D. Larkin, T. Bertuzzi, N. Kadri, JG. Pageau, J. Virtanen, N. Hischier, B. Rust, Z. Hyman, W. Nylander, N. Patrick

D - A. Pietrangelo, T. Barrie, T. Krug, T. DeAngelo, Mo. Riley, K. Shattenkirk, S. Theodore, B. Burns, J. Muzzin

G - F. Andersen, A. Vasilevskiy, MA. Fleury, S. Bobrovsky

Farm - C. Caufield, D. Cozens, N. Gusev, A. Kaliyev, J. Kyrou, C. Mittlestadt, O. Wahlstrom, E. Brannstrom, F. Horonek, R. Sandin, I. Samsonov, J. Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Weird...
    This is the first time I'm actually considering going against the advice of the members of this forum. lol
    Never felt this way before, but I'm strongly considering making this trade.

I'll have to give this a think for a while.

Anyone else wish to chime in??

Dobber Sports Guru

I like Toews over Eberle and I'm a big Faulk fan also. Giordano is better bet for the next few years but long-term I like Faulk more and I expect them to be really close in the short-term too. So I would much rather take the Toews side here when the higher pick is also on that side.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The trade really hinges on Eberle's production.
    Some people, I think, peg Eberle at 65pts... others think he has the 80pt potential still.

He's the key piece.
    I like Eberle and I still think Edmonton will pop.

That all said... if that 1st rounder really CAN land you Hornqvist... then I'd say stick with Toews(75pts), Faulk(35pts), Hornqvist(62pts) over Eberle(68pts), Gio(42pts), and C.Smith(55pts).

Dobber Sports Padawan

What if I were to counter with my 2nd rounder instead of that 1st?
    It's only 6 draft spots away so I'm not sure it would make much difference, but still...a 1st will always hold more value over a 2nd, regardless of how close they are.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am with what P7. For the record, I think Eberle is average and can peg him for 65 pts. He's not in the same class of the 'elite' kids in EDM. Honestly my first thought when I read the deal is that the picks should be swapped. As in you get a first and he gets a third. So that's the answer I would stick with. But if you like the deal, I would only do it with no picks involved.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I am with what P7. For the record, I think Eberle is average and can peg him for 65 pts. He's not in the same class of the 'elite' kids in EDM. Honestly my first thought when I read the deal is that the picks should be swapped. As in you get a first and he gets a third. So that's the answer I would stick with. But if you like the deal, I would only do it with no picks involved.

I agree with Taylor here. Personally I feel that Toews is close to the best Points Only player in the deal but Eberle does possess the skill and potential to out point Toews. We all know Toew's intangibles helps make him ELITE in the eyes of the masses...but those mean squat here. If you could do the deal with no picks, and you prefer Eberle to Toews... I wouldn't blame you for jumping on it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well, I pulled the trigger. lol
    The way I see it, the trade value on Toews and Eberle is very close to being on par with each other (Toews probably has the bigger name value by a hair), but the trade value on Giordano is quite a bit more than Faulk (at least in my league where proven outweighs potential by a lot).
    The late 1st rounder is a small sacrifice since my 2nd rounder is only 5 draft spots away, while the upgrade on D could prove to be worth it.

I'm hoping to be competitive this season...and if not, I should be able to flip these players if necessary.

Thanks again for all of your input, but I felt I need to go with my heart on this one and take a bit of a chance.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't like it. Towes is the best player in the deal with a proven surrounding cast. He is much more insulated and a better bet to hit his upside. Eberle may have another gear, but there's a lot more volatility in Edmonton resulting in more risk for a minor reward if he does manage to go off. Giordano over Faulk doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade to me to take that risk, plus you downgraded draft picks. Not a fan.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Just reminds me of a couple actual NHL trades I've seen. The draft picks seem to be on the wrong sides/unneccessary (Like Briere for Parenteau/5th)

Dobber Sports Ace

It's an even trade but I would stick with what you have and use your 1st on a player like Hornqvist