Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Benn/Huberdeau/1st for Mackinnon

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Benn/Huberdeau/1st for Mackinnon

i would pass on the deal, but pursue Benn with something....Benn is a absolute stud in your format (FOW from the LW are awesome) plus he shoots, hits, PIM....he is a stud
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    To be quite honest I feel the same I just wanted to run it by the clan here. The 1st is a 10th overall I think which guarentees me nothing really as anything thrown back with upside will be gone in the first 5 picks. I also would be acquiring Hubs after a pretty large slump; I know he has upside but I shouldn't be expected to pay top dollar for him (I'm a man of principle ). I have enough minor eligible players as it is and would thus be forced to drop someone or hope I can trade them for a decent asset in return which was brought up above. Really I look at the trade as being Benn/1st-10 for Mack and given I can possibly squeeze 65-70 out of him again with Landy and possibly Iggy on the wings I see no reason why he can't maintain last year's production. He currently is also rosterable on my farm for another season and a half so there is that advantage as well. I'll rep all that can there now. Anymore insight is appreciated and I'll keep handing out rep as I can.
    Trust your gut Old Smokie! Keep MacKinnon!

Banned

keep MacKinnon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm going to disagree with the masses.
    In multi-cat, I think Benn will pace with Mackinnon for the next 3-5 years.

I also would value Benn's wing-eligibility over Mackinnon, who'll likely be center.
    In shallow pools with 2C - center could be a stocked position in many leagues, whereas wing might be shallower.

I also have slight doubts on Mackinnon's stats as he transitions to an NHL center.

I'm not fond of Huberdeau.
    But the 1st rounder could really help a team compete for this year.

Benn-side for me... but I'd look to swap out Hubs for something much better.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    It's worth looking into. You only start 2 Cs and already have Crosby and Malkin. So here's a chance to upgrade that huge hole at LW with the best one in the game.
    My angle as well. Will Mack be > Benn? Possibly, but with Crosby and Malkin you are set up the middle an even with the usual Malkin injury...you have plenty of young C's to step in temporarily.

This really boils down to benn an the 1st for me. You're getting proven ppg and multi cat contribution from Benn...who instantly becomes your best LW...best winger over all. I'd consider it but I wouldn't look back regardless of te move or lack of move you make.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

I also would value Benn's wing-eligibility over Mackinnon, who'll likely be center.
    In shallow pools with 2C - center could be a stocked position in many leagues, whereas wing might be shallower.

I also have slight doubts on Mackinnon's stats as he transitions to an NHL center.

I don't see that at all. MacKinnon outpoints Benn as soon as this year, I love Benn in multi-cat but the hype on him is getting out of control. He just had a career season where he topped his previous best by 16 pts, I don't think there is a ton of room for him to improve on that. If anything I see him settling in around 75 pts most seasons.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vitun-tyhmä View Post
    I don't see that at all. MacKinnon outpoints Benn as soon as this year, I love Benn in multi-cat but the hype on him is getting out of control. He just had a career season where he topped his previous best by 16 pts, I don't think there is a ton of room for him to improve on that. If anything I see him settling in around 75 pts most seasons.
    He's a 25 year old power forward who just got a superstar center. There's no reason to think Benn can't become a solid 80 point player with great peripherals.

Dobber Sports Expert

In total point generation for this year, Mackinon hit 349 total FP and Benn hit 426 FP.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    He's a 25 year old power forward who just got a superstar center. There's no reason to think Benn can't become a solid 80 point player with great peripherals.
    And there's no reason to believe MacKinnon can't produce at the same level as Stamkos. I'd rather own Stamkos

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you have to keep Mac but you are going to be log-jammed at center very soon only being able to dress 2. I know it sounds crazy but I would consider trading Malkin (band-aid) for something a lot better on LW. You may even get some value for Kuz after this year. The deal would make you stronger this year and solidify your LW but I think you have to keep Mac.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Dammit Peng. How come you always have to reply before me so all I can say is "I agree". Lol. Reading the whole first page I was agains't the masses, I prefer Benn.

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    What Pete said.

And there's no reason to believe MacKinnon can't produce at the same level as Stamkos. I'd rather own Stamkos
    I guess I just haven't had as much Kool-Aid as most of the forum members. I would say the reason to believe he can't produce at the same level as Stamkos is that he has never done it. People act like that kind of production is so easy.

Fun Fact. Name the last player to produce a higher rookie PPG than Nathan Mackinnon? Oh, it's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. People don't understand the extra responsibility and burden that comes with playing center. And I think people definitely underestimate the defensive minutes Stastny played. I'm with Peng all the way, Benn side for me, but I'd like a better option than Huberdeau.

Also, for anyone wanting to point to the small sample size of Mackinnon's playoffs as to how much of a monster he will be, please tell me in that same rebuttal why David Krejci doesn't top 100 points each season, if we're using playoff numbers.

Dobber Sports Expert

The other guy in the trade I feel is building for a long term team and is building through recent and longterm drafting. The notables on his farm are Drouin/Ekblad (I'm not high on paying for "potential D stars")/Huberdeau/McDavid. He is also shopping me a lower first (1-12 or 1-14 when he also owns pick 1-6. Our yearly H2H matchup mirrors the NHL in that we play more matchups against conference rivals so I also am considering that I have to play this guy 4-5 times this year and possibly face him in the playoffs in subsequent years. There is a lot to consider here.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies

Dobber Sports Grand Master

How does he already have McDavid? I'm always of the opinion players shouldn't be eligible to bedraft by a fantasy team until they are drafted by an NHL team.

Dobber Sports Expert

He sat on him for years... it's how we do it. Ya win some ya lose some. No biggie.

Pro

Farm (Max 200 GP):

Stat Categories

Skaters
    Goalies

Dobber Sports Stud

This isn't a discussion of a straight up swap, there's two other pretty good pieces involved too. Don't get me wrong, I love MacKinnon. Just look at my avatar or any league I'm in (I just joined two new ones this month so the number is diluted but before that I owned MacKinnon in 100% of my leagues). He's a fantastic player and I'm in now way trying to discount that. If you look back, I also said yesterday to keep MacK. But a reasonable person will entertain both sides.

My rebuttal was versus your statement of saying Benn has no room to improve on this season which is a silly statement to make. Like I said, 25 y/o power forward with a superstar center. All signs point to this being the start of big things. Maybe not MacKinnon big, but Benn is a hell of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Also, for anyone wanting to point to the small sample size of Mackinnon's playoffs as to how much of a monster he will be, please tell me in that same rebuttal why David Krejci doesn't top 100 points each season, if we're using playoff numbers.
    I'm a firm believer of the whole "just because you produced in the playoffs" hold's totally true. Fact is guys are deployed completely differently in the playoffs and different strategies are used to maximize mismatches in each series.

The reason MacKinnon holds more weight because of his playoff performances is because this is an 18 year old kid who can just go out an absolutely dominate games from every angle. This isn't a bully like Bickell who bangs in a few extra goals around the net or a guy like Krejci who just has ice in his veins for 20 games. This is a kid who has the potential to be flat out dominant and he can't even drink legally when he goes home to Cole Harbour.