Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Angus's Top 50 players, full list

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Angus's Top 50 players, full list

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    If you have 7 minutes, watch this video and you won't be disappointed. He certainly isn't far off from being a top 10 if he isn't already.

Also, the link is giving me an error... "Error establishing database connection" Is that happening to anybody else?
    I've seen him play lots. I'm still not taking Mack over Giroux and Getzlaf, and probably a few others as well.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I've seen him play lots. I'm still not taking Mack over Giroux and Getzlaf, and probably a few others as well.
    Top 10 is a reach - for a (non-Crosby) rookie, I think even being named to the Top 20 is high enough praise.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Administrator

I agree in a vacuum but MacKinnon at half the price of those guys is the difference between signing Jarome Iginla or Jay Rosehill as a free agent. Even then, I'd still take Giroux but I think there's a solid argument that MacKinnon at 19!!! And multiple year's of salary repressing team control is worth more than Getzlaf to a team.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I agree in a vacuum but MacKinnon at half the price of those guys is the difference between signing Jarome Iginla or Jay Rosehill as a free agent. Even then, I'd still take Giroux but I think there's a solid argument that MacKinnon at 19!!! And multiple year's of salary repressing team control is worth more than Getzlaf to a team.
    Anaheim calls Colorado and says we will trade you Getzlaf for Mackinnon straight up. We can agree to disagree, but I'm betting Sakic says yes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The fact that we can't agree on whether he's appropriately ranked means that he's done his job well!

Administrator

Anaheim calls Colorado and says we will trade you Getzlaf for Mackinnon straight up. We can agree to disagree, but I'm betting Sakic says yes.
    Have to agree to disagree on that one.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maybe if he were on crack...

Dobber Sports Stud

Not with such a young team. An aging team with a closing window may think differently, but not Colorado.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Not with such a young team. An aging team with a closing window may think differently, but not Colorado.
    Even then, an aging team with a closing window probably needs to keep cap costs down in order to sustain their aging core. A cheap young star like MacKinnon is a great way to do that. He's also the bridge to the next championship window, a la Logan Couture in San Jose.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take that money - I've gotta think that Sakic thinks the sun shines out of MacKinnon's ass right now.

Real GMs can be as blinded by a strong rookie season as fantasy GMs - they are only human after all.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm shocked Ovi is out of the top 10. He had Ovi at number one a couple of years back that I remember created quite a bit of discussion.

I do believe any type of list like this is a lot harder for hockey than it is for other sports. The other sports, while still team games, are still about individuals and what they contribute. Hockey is a lot harder to define in that role.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm shocked Ovi is out of the top 10. He had Ovi at number one a couple of years back that I remember created quite a bit of discussion.
    Not a shock, good to see someone putting Ovi where he belongs........

- - - Updated - - -

Ovi's top five days are over......

Dobber Sports Stud

I enjoyed the list and especially like JT being ranked #2 since I just drafted him in a long term keeper league. Can only imagine where his numbers will be with a full season of health from both Okposo and JT, let alone the "other" guy they park on his wing
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.