Thread: Evaluate my team

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Evaluate my team

Hey everyone,

I just completed my draft in and NFL/NHL split league, im not exactly the strongest person for NFL leagues so I ended up taking a lot of my NHL guys first and leaving the NFL team to the end (It's BAD)

It is an 8 team league done with H2H scoring. The overall winner is determined by roto points of both leagues. 1st gets 9, 2nd gets 7, 3rd gets 6, down to 8th getting 1.

Hockey is H2H with each category counting as a win loss or tie where as football is H2H 1 win.

Hockey Cats

G, A, +/- PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FOW, GWG, HITS, BLOCKS
    W, L, SO, GAA, SV%, SAVES

Football Cats
    Passing for 25 yards= 1 point
    passing TD= 5 points
    Rush for 10 yards= 1 point
    rushing TD = 6 points
    receiving for 10 yards= 1 point
    receiving TD = 6 points
    Reception= 1 point
    2 Point convert= 2 points

Defense

Sack= 1
    INT= 2
    Fumble Recovery= 1
    TD= 4
    Safety= 2
    Block Kick= 2
    0 Points allowed= 10
    2-3= 7
    4-10= 5
    11-14= 3
    15-20 = 1
    21+= 0

Hockey:

Weekly Start 3 C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1 UTL, 10 Bench, 4 farm

C: Malkin, Tavares, Backstrom, Sedin, Nugent-Hopkins, Galchenyuk, Schiefele, Barkov
    LW: Hall, Landeskog, Drouin, Sedin, Toffoli
    RW: Eberle, Tarasenko, Nichushkin, Jagr, Kapanen
    D: Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Jones, Trouba, Shattenkirk, Ekblad
    G: Fleury, Mason, Anderson
    Prospects: Bennett, S.Reinhart, Draisitl, Dal Colle

Football

Weekly Start 2QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 DEF, 2 UTL(RB/WR/TE) 2 prospects (undrafted playing college 1 year out of HS)

QB: S.Bradford, EJ.Maneul, J.Locker, M.Glennon
    RB: C.Johnson, M.Jones-Drew, S.Jackson, M.Ingram, D.Williams, F.Jackson
    WR: J.Gordon, C.Shorts, J.Blackmon, J.Jones, R.Streater, S.Smith, B.Hartline, G.Jennings
    TE: G.Olsen, D.Pitta, M.Bennet, D.Walker
    DEF: New England, St.Louis
    Farm: Bryce Pett (QB) and Mike Davis (RB)

Sorry about the long post guys! This is a Dynasty League.

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Evaluate my team

Interesting, I've never heard of a league like this that has the two drafts combined!

I don't know a whole lot about football, but from a far away view it seems like a lot of football careers are pretty volatile and short lived, so in that sense i think building your hockey team first was a smart idea as it's more sustainable long term. Very high scoring hockey team but don't expect much multi cat production from anyone outside of Landeskog, maybe Trouba and Ekblad.

How does the farm work? Will you be able to shift Kapanen down if he doesn't make the the team?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Interesting, I've never heard of a league like this that has the two drafts combined!

I don't know a whole lot about football, but from a far away view it seems like a lot of football careers are pretty volatile and short lived, so in that sense i think building your hockey team first was a smart idea as it's more sustainable long term. Very high scoring hockey team but don't expect much multi cat production from anyone outside of Landeskog, maybe Trouba and Ekblad.

How does the farm work? Will you be able to shift Kapanen down if he doesn't make the the team?
    unfortunately kapanen has to stay on the pro roster now. once they are promoted off of the farm they must stay. If they are on the farm team they can stay till they hit 100 games played. I really wanted kapanen and had my farm filled so I figured I would throw him on the bench even if he doesn't make the team. With 10 man benches in weekly start there are likely guys who wont see ice team for me during the season unless there are injuries

I noticed that too that I don't have a ton of multi cat guys but that said I think theres a good chance I win G, A, PPP, SOG each week with wild cards being +/- and GWG.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kane12345 View Post
    unfortunately kapanen has to stay on the pro roster now. once they are promoted off of the farm they must stay. If they are on the farm team they can stay till they hit 100 games played. I really wanted kapanen and had my farm filled so I figured I would throw him on the bench even if he doesn't make the team. With 10 man benches in weekly start there are likely guys who wont see ice team for me during the season unless there are injuries

I noticed that too that I don't have a ton of multi cat guys but that said I think theres a good chance I win G, A, PPP, SOG each week with wild cards being +/- and GWG.
    I can totally agree with that.

Are you able to mix NFL and NHL players together in trades as long as you make the necessary roster moves to stay under the player limit? i.e. can you trade Josh Gordon + Craig Anderson for a goalie upgrade?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I can totally agree with that.

Are you able to mix NFL and NHL players together in trades as long as you make the necessary roster moves to stay under the player limit? i.e. can you trade Josh Gordon + Craig Anderson for a goalie upgrade?

I could, trades can go cross sports or just 1 sport, all up to the people.

Unsure if I would want to go for a goalie upgrade right now depending on the cost, since its weekly start its either fluery and mason or fleruy and Anderson most likely.

Josh Gordon is going to be my killer, if he ends up suspended for the entire year I will be toast in football. He was my only football player I picked in the first 20 ish rounds