Thread: Kreider - call up or leave on farm?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kreider - call up or leave on farm?

Dobbernation,

I have to have my roster in to my commish by Sept 1st. I am on the fence at this moment with Kreider.
    I can call him up before our draft or leave him on the farm for one more season as he hasnt played our max number of games (120). I do have the option to call him up during the season if needed but he will have to remain on my roster and that will burn one year of a potential 5 years I can keep him at which time he becomes a UFA in our league.

Thoughts?
    12 Team Capped (Auction Style) H2H League
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    20 player min, 23 Max. $60M Cap
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Kuznetsov , toffoli, staal, Turris
    W: Schwartz, Grandlund, Palat, Spooner, Rakell,
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Gostisbehere, Lindell, Maatta, Pieterangelo
    G: Lundqvist , Quick, Elliot
    Farm: Petan, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, AHO,
    4 Time HOLE Fantasy Hockey League Champion: 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2017

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Kreider - call up or leave on farm?

So you are defending your championship?

Then I would say yes: You are in win-now mode, you want the best possible players on your active roster.

I'd call up Kreider.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd leave him down for now, let him simmer. His biggest assets don't come to the surface in G,A and +/-, so I'd leave him down and if he gets rolling into the season then call him up.

If nothing else you're maximizing your assets by drafting someone else who you can potentially flip or hit a home run on while Kreider is protected on your farm.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Since you can call him up if needed..i would leave him on the farm. best case - he is not needed on you active roster, you repeat your win and you don't burn a year. (or as petegreg21 mentions allows you to draft a potentially tradable assets or a filler for the year). worst case - injury, team needs a boost etc hits your team and you call him up.
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Banned

I agree with the others, chances are you will need him at some point, so draft as normal and then use him as an injury replacement when someone inevitably gets hurt

Dobber Sports Ninja

You're going to HAVE to call him up this year anyways won't you? Once he hits 110 games? Or can you hold off until next season?

If you HAVE to call him up midseason, then you might as well call him up now and get whatever production you can out of him. If you can wait until next offseason then holding off on bringing him up makes sense. At least until you can see how he starts the season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am defending my championship.

This is a year 5 auction draft so lots of high potential UFA's will be available. I have to be aggressive in bidding on players to fill out my roster.

I was leaning on just letting him simmer on the farm. I do not have to call him up this season once he reaches the 120 marker but will be required to do so next season. I do have to call up Schwartz this year.
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Oximeters View Post

This is a year 5 auction draft so lots of high potential UFA's will be available. I have to be aggressive in bidding on players to fill out my roster.

I was leaning on just letting him simmer on the farm. I do not have to call him up this season once he reaches the 120 marker but will be required to do so next season. I do have to call up Schwartz this year.
    Yeah you're definitely on the right track. Keep him stashed, maximize your assets and draft someone. Best case scenario you get someone worthwhile that you can flip, worst case scenario you have to drop the new player and bring up Kreider.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In that case I don't see a lot of incentive to call him up. Keep him stashed and hopefully get an extra year of better production out of him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If this is the case then I change my opinion - leave him stashed, protect him for as long as possible.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is why you have a farm, to use it to your advantage in situations like this. Think like Old MacDonald and keep him on the farm. Good luck and Cheers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yep, keep him on the farm. You'll get an extra year out of him, and most likely he won't have a ton of value in a points and +/- pool just yet anyway. If he does blow up then you can always recall him later.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Leaving him on the farm. Thanks all
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G