Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone explain Rep Power more than this link?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Can anyone explain Rep Power more than this link?

Soooo...I'm trying to better understand giving/receiving Rep, and this Rep Power thing. I've been a member since 2011, posting somewhat intermittently, not posting during the 2013 'dark days', but always reading. Back in 2011 I was able to give rep, and then somehow I ran out?

Before today, I had a Rep Power of 'zero' until (I believe, see link) I passed the 150 rep points received marker (thanks to everyone who repped me!), whereas now I'm up to '4'.

I'm trying to understand what this means now...Now that I believe I can actually rep someone, what does the 'Rep Power' mean? I know I can rep up to five people per day, but does 'Rep Power' affect anything?

Thanks to all who even understand what I'm trying to get at.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ght=reputation

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Can anyone explain Rep Power more than this link?

I think rep power is the number of points you give someone when you rep them.
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Correct. Now that you have earned 150 rep points from others (based on their rep power total), you qualify for the "right" to start repping others. Basically it means you've done a good enough job that others will trust you now, along with the fact you are posting in the forums.

So now you've received 2 rep power for each year of your anniversary on the boards (for you it's 2 from Oct 2011 to today) plus another two points for accumulated rep power reputation earned from others. If I approve your post, you would receive 11 points to put towards your next level, which will happen every 150 points added.

Hope that makes sense!
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by BradyJets View Post
    Soooo...I'm trying to better understand giving/receiving Rep, and this Rep Power thing. I've been a member since 2011, posting somewhat intermittently, not posting during the 2013 'dark days', but always reading. Back in 2011 I was able to give rep, and then somehow I ran out?

Before today, I had a Rep Power of 'zero' until (I believe, see link) I passed the 150 rep points received marker (thanks to everyone who repped me!), whereas now I'm up to '4'.

I'm trying to understand what this means now...Now that I believe I can actually rep someone, what does the 'Rep Power' mean? I know I can rep up to five people per day, but does 'Rep Power' affect anything?

I actually just searched this for myself recently. I was furious if giving away rep affected my "rep power" but it doesn't appear that way. The link you attached (likely as it's from Dobber himself) seems to hitg the nail on the head!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by BradyJets View Post

As far as "running out" of rep, I am sure this is what you are talking about. You can only rep a certain number of people in one day. Eventually you will get a message that says something like "you have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours." It is something that replenishes itself every day. Just wait until tomorrow; you will be able to hand out the same amount of rep again.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Guru

And remember, with great rep comes great responsibility.

I didn't realize the number next to our username means how many rep points you give out. Does that work negatively as well? If I give someone a negative, do they lose those same number points?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks to everyone for responding! Rep given(!) with my new-found knowledge of not losing rep power(s).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    And remember, with great rep comes great responsibility.

I didn't realize the number next to our username means how many rep points you give out. Does that work negatively as well? If I give someone a negative, do they lose those same number points?
    I'd still like to know this answer, although I would hope to not have to give any of this out!

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Genius

My understanding is the rep power is a number indicating your "power or standing" in the community. It builds as you gain more rep points from peers and also builds through time spent in the forum and as you increase your post count. You only have so much rep to give in 24 hours and after that you have to chill out and wait till it reloads. You can only rep a person once, then spread it around to others before you can go back to the same person again. Usually you have enough to rep 5-7 guys for answering one of your posts. I don't think the rep # shown has anything to do with the amount of rep you can dish out. Simply shows someone's influence within this community. Hope this helped.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Rep Power is also for the cool kids on dobberhockey to attach all their self worth and value to.
    You're not a cool kid on here unless you have 10000 posts and 100 rep.
    So they create these bullshit threads where they talk about nonsense together and pat each other on the back for their inflated numbers and it makes them feel big and strong and important. Don't be a cool kid, it's not cool.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Cobretti View Post
    Rep Power is also for the cool kids on dobberhockey to attach all their self worth and value to.
    So they create these bullshit threads where they talk about nonsense together and pat each other on the back for their inflated numbers and it makes them feel big and strong and important. Don't be a cool kid, it's not cool.
    Not true. There are lots of kids on here who are cool and their post count/rep power doesn't mean anything.

It's the kids who are negative nelly's like you who aren't cool. No one likes a negative nelly. Don't be a negative nelly, it's not cool.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not true. There are lots of kids on here who are cool and their post count/rep power doesn't mean anything.

It's the kids who are negative nelly's like you who aren't cool. No one likes a negative nelly. Don't be a negative nelly, it's not cool.
    OK so if it doesn't mean anything why not put your money where your big mouth is and have yours set back to zero? You won't care right, because that's not how you value yourself, you're above all that?

Not

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Who pissed in your cheerios?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Deity

OK so if it doesn't mean anything why not put your money where your big mouth is and have yours set back to zero? You won't care right, because that's not how you value yourself, you're above all that?

Not
    You obviously care about it a lot more than I do. the reason why my rep is where it is, is because some people on here obviously value my fantasy hockey opinion along with other opinions I have shared on here. That's the whole reason "rep" even exists.

Reset it. Seriously, I could care less. It doesn't change who I am and how I act around these parts. I will still continue to offer my opinion and I am sure plenty will still value it the same. I've invested a lot of time on these forums offering my opinion and it shows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not
    It's a simple little way to show appreciation to other posters without telling the entire world. It's not a popularity contest. It's a pat on the back system. Why are you so bent out of shape about that?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Somebody has a serious case of the Mondays...