Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So all the hype about Nyquist..

Banned

Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    red wings fanatic? no.

is it dats and zetts team? sure is.....in the dressing room. respect thing. superstars who have served Detroit well.

on the ice? nope...its Nyquists Team now. dats and Zetts more than happy to pass the torch. Tatar and Jurco are going add some nice scoring options with Tatar probably finishing 2nd on the team in goals this season.

lets see what forecaster says for example since they might as well be referred to as a TROLL fantasy hockey magazine because they are 'stirring the pot' lmao

**sidenote - why is it when one does not follow the status quo thinking they are referred to as a TROLL. people getting a little LIBERAL with the term TROLL these days.

back on track

2014 Sports Forecaster Predictions

Datsyuk 71GP 23G 43A 66PTS

Nyquist 81GP 38G 36A 74PTS

Zetts 77GP 20G 43A 63PTS

Tatar 79GP 27G 24A 51PTS

so you see now. The forecaster is CLEARLY a troll magazine because they are CLEARLY wrong.

are they?

lets check FACTS

All 4 are getting older EXCEPT tats and gus are going on an upward trend ** its called entering your prime seasons. dats? zetts? like bruce springsteen sang ' glory days'....these guys are at the END of there storied careers and will slowly trend downwards. so agin...please tell me whose team this is moving FORWARD?

i suppose marty st goals will put up 80 pts in NY next season as well.....let it go.....all the greats fade off into the sunset. the NHL is a youngmans game now.....seguins nyquists tavares monahan etc etc etc...the list gos on

iggy will never score 40 again. i promise.

TM
    Who called it a TROLL magazine? I never even heard of it.

I don't think those predictions are unreasonable but I think they have Nyquist too high and Dats and Z too low. Who do they think Gustav is going to be playing with if not one or the other of them? If they're on the ice with him they'll be sharing most of their points.

It's Dats and Zetts team until proven otherwise, you can choose to believe that or you can choose to believe your random magazine

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

red wings fanatic? no.

is it dats and zetts team? sure is.....in the dressing room. respect thing. superstars who have served Detroit well.

on the ice? nope...its Nyquists Team now. dats and Zetts more than happy to pass the torch. Tatar and Jurco are going add some nice scoring options with Tatar probably finishing 2nd on the team in goals this season.

lets see what forecaster says for example since they might as well be referred to as a TROLL fantasy hockey magazine because they are 'stirring the pot' lmao

**sidenote - why is it when one does not follow the status quo thinking they are referred to as a TROLL. people getting a little LIBERAL with the term TROLL these days.

back on track

2014 Sports Forecaster Predictions

Datsyuk 71GP 23G 43A 66PTS

Nyquist 81GP 38G 36A 74PTS

Zetts 77GP 20G 43A 63PTS

Tatar 79GP 27G 24A 51PTS

so you see now. The forecaster is CLEARLY a troll magazine because they are CLEARLY wrong.

are they?

lets check FACTS

All 4 are getting older EXCEPT tats and gus are going on an upward trend ** its called entering your prime seasons. dats? zetts? like bruce springsteen sang ' glory days'....these guys are at the END of there storied careers and will slowly trend downwards. so agin...please tell me whose team this is moving FORWARD?

i suppose marty st goals will put up 80 pts in NY next season as well.....let it go.....all the greats fade off into the sunset. the NHL is a youngmans game now.....seguins nyquists tavares monahan etc etc etc...the list gos on

iggy will never score 40 again. i promise.

TM

Just to keep you honest as currently we're going with Dobbers's guide and Forcaster.

THN projects the following:

Zetts - 68
    Dats - 63
    Nyquist - 58
    Tatar - 50

I know this will fall on deaf ears...but I'd temper your "GLORY BE TO THE...A CHANGING OF THE GUARDS ARE A HAPPENING IN DETROIT THIS YEAR!!!" expectations... go have another shot of tequilla

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Just to keep you honest as currently we're going with Dobbers's guide and Forcaster.

THN projects the following:

Zetts - 68
    Dats - 63
    Nyquist - 58
    Tatar - 50

I know this will fall on deaf ears...but I'd temper your "GLORY BE TO THE...A CHANGING OF THE GUARDS ARE A HAPPENING IN DETROIT THIS YEAR!!!" expectations... go have another shot of tequilla
    those numbers are more in line with what I'm thinking

Dobber Sports Titan

Nyquist good yes. His team now? no. 50-60pts is where i see Nyquist
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

never heard of the forecaster? its ok. probably from the states. its not some 'random' magazine. its one of the big 4 in the great white north...THN,Dobberguide,McKeens,Forecaster.

personally i choose to take all with a grain of salt because truth is they are all mostly wrong. a prediction is just that. a prediction. point of my forecaster post was in response to apparently 'stirring the pot' in regards to my Nyquist comments. The point being that 'other' prominent magazines feel the same way about Nyquist.

dats and zetts are injury prone now. take off the blinders. red wings BEST player currently today is Nyquist. hes young, hes fast and some refer to him as a young Datsyuk. whether one agrees with that or not they have to agree that this is dats and zetts last 'hurrah as top flight offensive players.

and finally for the record. predictions mean squat, its the writeups that matter. heres a couple:

Sports Forecaster:

'Gustav Nyquist possesses a deadly combination of speed and finish. he could be 'elite'

'The red wings patience with him(gustav) has paid off. Hes in full flight as a top line scoring winger and premier fantasy draft pick'

'compared by many to gifted teammate pavel datsyuk, nyquist went on to LEAD team in GOALS and GAME WINNERS'

as for Datsyuk

" years of high mileage as one of the leagues most complete players may have caught up to the stickhandling genius"

as one said earlier "this is more in line with my thinking".....

TM

Banned

predictions mean squat, its the writeups that matter. heres a couple:
    Didn't you just post a bunch of prediciton numbers smartass?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    name calling?

lol. oh no. what to do.

as for the stats and the writeup. it was to make a point regarding nyquist. surely your old enough to comprehend this.

it was insinuated that i was 'stirring the pot' with my Nyquist comments as if they were far fetched....just making a point.

id call you a smartass but its obvious your a dumbass

TM

Banned

name calling?

lol. oh no. what to do.

as for the stats and the writeup. it was to make a point regarding nyquist. surely your old enough to comprehend this.

it was insinuated that i was 'stirring the pot' with my Nyquist comments as if they were far fetched....just making a point.

TM

Yep, I'm a dumbass alright, guilty as charged

Dobber Sports Stud

Yep, I'm a dumbass alright, guilty as charged
    yup. agreed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

name calling?

lol. oh no. what to do.

TM
    You guys make me laugh. Great job killing a thread with the name calling and bi-polar esque "here are the projections that support my arguement"..."projections mean squat" and "why would you resort to name calling...you dumb ass".

Oh well

Dobber Sports Stud

so sensitive.......

myself and vanek at the disco **wicked username by the way*** have moved on.....

nothing 'bi-polersque'.....simply just stating what 'other' fantasy guides have stated.

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow that was an interesting read.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe I just saw a forum equivalent of talk to the hand....lol
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

I...am your father.

I agree with the passing of the torch, but hockey politics (bow to the veterans, even if they are no longer better than you) will see to it that Z remains on top one more year. I have:
    Zetts 70 in 70 games
    Dats 58 in 67 games
    Gus 56 in 75 games
    Tats 40 in 76

I count for injury proneness with Z and D. I also don't assume full health for Nyquist - and that could very well happen, so if he plays the full season then he's a lock for 60. He deserves first-line star ice time, but he's not getting it. It's "the Code". Maybe down the stretch he gets that ice time.
    Tatar and his occasional healthy scratches last year lead me to believe that this year he won't get any ice time. Again, not deserved. He deserves scoring line ice time. He won't get it. Politics. Again, down the stretch, he'll get that ice time and come on strong.

Tequila, you have the Forecaster, did you see the Q and A with me in it? I didn't get the magazine yet. In THN's mag I should have the inside back cover again, but I haven't gotten that one yet either. In fact, I'm going to go check my mailbox now haha
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Tatar and his occasional healthy scratches last year lead me to believe that this year he won't get any ice time. Again, not deserved. He deserves scoring line ice time. He won't get it. Politics. Again, down the stretch, he'll get that ice time and come on strong.
    You need to adjust that, because this isn't really accurate. It wasn't occasional healthy scratches. It was one string of them and then no more. Tatar was scratched eight of the first ten games, because then the bad veterans like Samuelsson and Tootoo were still getting playing time. After that he missed one game during the rest of the entire season, to go to his fathers funeral. Yes, Detroit still has Cleary, so there's still an amount of hockey team politics going on, but the line of Tatar, Sheahan and (insert anyone else) was excellent at driving the offense last year. It was against lesser opponents, sure, but I don't think his icetime will be THAT crippled. He got 39 points last year and will improve by more than just one point.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    You need to adjust that, because this isn't really accurate. It wasn't occasional healthy scratches. It was one string of them and then no more. Tatar was scratched eight of the first ten games, because then the bad veterans like Samuelsson and Tootoo were still getting playing time. After that he missed one game during the rest of the entire season, to go to his fathers funeral. Yes, Detroit still has Cleary, so there's still an amount of hockey team politics going on, but the line of Tatar, Sheahan and (insert anyone else) was excellent at driving the offense last year. It was against lesser opponents, sure, but I don't think his icetime will be THAT crippled. He got 39 points last year and will improve by more than just one point.
    Dang. That's a great point.

Detroit sure loves their old semi-useless guys lately...
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!