Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rank the prospect defensmen

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: rank the prospect defensmen

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I find it interesting how Trouba has exploded as the Defensive Fantasy Prospect to have this year... and Jones has kinda quited down after a do no wrong golden boy showing... this time last year in the forum.

Just an observation.
    That's the way it is with young Dmen. David Rundblad and Stefan Elliott send their regards.

Right now I'd rank them:

Trouba
    Ekblad
    Jones
    Lindholm

But not much separating any of them.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I find it interesting how Trouba has exploded as the Defensive Fantasy Prospect to have this year... and Jones has kinda quited down after a do no wrong golden boy showing... this time last year in the forum.

Just an observation.
    What's to understand, he scored 29 pts in 65 games as a rookie, Jones had 25 pts in 77, they're both virtually neck and neck, the only difference is that Trouba has no one standing in his way on the depth chart, Jones path is less clear for the immediate future, that's the main reason I'm giving him a slight advantage

Dobber Sports Wizard

Every year, the hockey fantasy world hypes one prospect to death. Trouba is that prospect this year. If my memory serves me right, Rundblad and Elliott had as much hype. Not suggesting Trouba will turn out like them, far from it, just that the community seems to feed off each other when raving about young dmen. Realistically, Trouba won't turn out as good as many foresee him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    What's to understand, he scored 29 pts in 65 games as a rookie, Jones had 25 pts in 77, they're both virtually neck and neck, the only difference is that Trouba has no one standing in his way on the depth chart, Jones path is less clear for the immediate future, that's the main reason I'm giving him a slight advantage
    Fair enough. That was just an observation that interested me. Not trying to over think or "Understand" anything.

Jones was suggested many times to be "The Next Coming"
    This year it is Trouba.
    Next year... Ekblad?

Anyway, I don't disagree with the top ranking. However I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindholm turn some heads and possibly be this year's Fowler.

for me this year it's
    Trouba
    Lindholm
    Jones
    Ekblad

Dobber Sports Legend

Accurately predicting how young DMen turn out is a lofty task but someone's gotta do it. There's so many factors at play, the low-hanging fruit being:

Skill set
    200 foot game
    Situation / Opportunity

No doubt blanks will be occasionally fired. Duds or wait-and-seers like Elliott, Rundblad, McBain, Barberio will always be there. It comes with the territory. Players like Trouba, Jones, Hamilton and Ekblad, etc. are safer funds because of they're full meal players who will hog minutes. Lindholm is a talented fellow but he's caught in a logjam with Fowler, Vatanen and soon Theodore. His game is so all-around solid, he might pull a John Carlson on us.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Apples and oranges.

Comparing Trouba to Seth Jones is like comparing Weber to Karlsson.(obviously not necessarily to scale)

They play a very different game, and contribute well in the things that they do.

Scoring only, Jones longterm over the rest. Fullstop.
    Multicat......I like Trouba, but how the hell do we know what Ekblad can do at this point?!
    Wildcard is Lindholm, who shows promise in all areas, however not the standout in this group in any one area.

Standard cats fantasy value:

Trouba
    Ekblad
    Jones
    Lindholm
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point