Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I be pi$$ed or flattered?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Should I be pi$$ed or flattered?

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Moses didn't make the rules, he just brought them back. Don't shoot the messenger!
    Pretty sure he wrote that rule in blood as he cut himself on a very sharp rock on his steep climb back down to flat ground!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the replies gents. There's a history here, to be sure. Essentially it comes down to the commish being a VERY competitive person and can't stand to lose. We're competitive in just about everything we do, the guy has walked off the golf course after 11 holes when I'm beating him badly, just to show his mindset. The reason I took the one year break a few seasons back was due to his behaviour. He told me he'd tone things down and invited me back. He wasn't the GM I was in a dead-heat with either, the commish finished near the bottom of the standings.

For the record, it's not a brag thread, I accept that a lot of luck goes into any win, and like I mentioned I credit being a member of this forum as a huge part of my success.

And there shall be confrontation, I'm not shy and don't hide behind my keyboard. I just want to get a sense of whether or not I'm being slighted before I start what could be a war with this guy!
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Master

I stopped playing v.s local friends in our yearly pool because the main organizer of the event felt I was cutting his grass by being more organized than he was.

''your slowly taking over the pool'' he says to me --So I politely declined invitation the following season.

anyways , even if you were a dipshit that trash talked your fellow league members they need to pay you out asap

Dobber Sports Wizard

Shitty, especially when it's friends. But hey if you kicked their butts for so long that now they're rage quitting, that's gotta count for something!

Really no way for us to tell what's going on.....you're just gonna have to keep trying to get in touch with the commish.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar