Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Proven Eberle or Potential Drouin... That is the question

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Proven Eberle or Potential Drouin... That is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Eberle is only over rated if YOU over rate him. If you expect 65-75 pts with plenty of PPP and a good amount of SOG, then it's hard to say he's over rated. That's what he will give you but he also could see his points rise once RNH comes of age and boosts the others around him as well. If you think Eberle is a 85+ pt guy then yes, you are probably over rating him.
    Very solid commentary on Eberle right there. After his big 11-12 season, many thought he'd turn into a PPG+ guy. Not the case. Anyone who took a closer look at his highly inflated shooting percentage should have seen that. Eberle as a 65-75 point guys is more than fair.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As far as dealing him for Drouin, its really a big crap shoot. If Drouin comes out and hits 60+ pts in his rookie year and has a good chunk of PPP, which is entirely possible, then you may be hard pressed to trade for him at all (as we have seen with MacKinnon, who seems to go for ridiculous fantasy prices right now after only 1 year). If he comes out and drop 40-45pts, then you may still have a shot of getting him for Eberle.
    Agreed, I dont think the difference between Eberle and Drouin will lose him the championship if he drafts wisely, either.
    Some threads suggest OV+ for Mackinnon so could be just as crazy if Drouin performs well!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Maybe change your wording on this? You aren't really in a "multicat" league. People generally associate that with Hits/SOG/BLKs/PIMs. And while you have PIMs, you don't have any of the others. I think Eberle and Drouin will produce similar PIMs, and I think +/- is generally random and hard to predict. Drouin wont get more PPP than Eberle for a couple years at least.
    Was just kind of a more general statement. Eberle and Giroux both have very comparable multi-cat numbers. Only real difference is about 30 PIMs and 40 hits so my range and discrepancy was more geared towards point potential. Basically re-iterating that neither Eberle or Drouin (or Giroux) really carry multi-cat value.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Was just kind of a more general statement. Eberle and Giroux both have very comparable multi-cat numbers. Only real difference is about 30 PIMs and 40 hits so my range and discrepancy was more geared towards point potential. Basically re-iterating that neither Eberle or Drouin (or Giroux) really carry multi-cat value.
    Yea, only quoted your post to show that many people considered Multicat to include those categories.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yea, only quoted your post to show that many people considered Multicat to include those categories.
    And I do appreciate that... I wasn't one of those people cause my league doesn't include those categories. I usually find myself in Fantasy Stat pergatory with our league's unique scoring systems.

I do wish we had Hits a/o SOG and ditched GWG(Which I feel is a rediculous and randomly useless stat).

But alas we don't and I'm forced to remain stuck in between Points Only and Multi-Cat

Any idea what I could call my league? SO that I can feel included?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

Any idea what I could call my league? SO that I can feel included?
    I'm a big fan of this: "see sig for details".
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Points heavy, with +/-, PIMs, and scoring bonuses? I usually don't call my league anything, just say league in sig.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ok. Bastardized league in sig! ? !

Lol

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Tough one here.. If I had to choose though I would take Drouin.. Very tough, I would almost ask for a pick to come along with Drouin..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Tough one here.. If I had to choose though I would take Drouin.. Very tough, I would almost ask for a pick to come along with Drouin..
    Oh Zorro is late to the convo! Lol.

I'm starting to shy away from this proposed deal.

Dobber Sports Ace

What if DROUIN doesn't make team, can your team handle it or will it hurt to much. I think he makes team. Just saying. It could happen.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

this is one of those threads we will come back to in a few years and say "holy crap i can't believe so many people took player X over player Y".

so for that exact reason, i am not going to pick a side

i will say this:

at WORST, with drouin's skill set, you would think he's a lock for at least 45-50 points at worst. so a decent 2nd liner that chips in on the pp every now and then. at best, drouin is a ppg+ player...so lets say 80-85 points.

so if eberle is considered a 65-75 point guy...would you risk 15 or so points downside in order to potentially get a player who is 10 points better? if i am a top contender and i need the points and consistency now, i take eberle. if i am rebuilding, heck even if i am in the middle of the pack i'd take drouin. the potential is almost too good to pass up, and for elite prospects like drouin you almost have to take that risk.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pmkidd View Post
    What if DROUIN doesn't make team, can your team handle it or will it hurt to much. I think he makes team. Just saying. It could happen.
    Pretty sure I could nab a 50 point player in the draft. So really I'd be out 15 points hypothetically. So no...not crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    this is one of those threads we will come back to in a few years and say "holy crap i can't believe so many people took player X over player Y".

so for that exact reason, i am not going to pick a side

i will say this:

at WORST, with drouin's skill set, you would think he's a lock for at least 45-50 points at worst. so a decent 2nd liner that chips in on the pp every now and then. at best, drouin is a ppg+ player...so lets say 80-85 points.

so if eberle is considered a 65-75 point guy...would you risk 15 or so points downside in order to potentially get a player who is 10 points better? if i am a top contender and i need the points and consistency now, i take eberle. if i am rebuilding, heck even if i am in the middle of the pack i'd take drouin. the potential is almost too good to pass up, and for elite prospects like drouin you almost have to take that risk.
    So you kinda rook a side without taking a side. In you opinion...as a contender I should take Eberle and leave the risk to the mid to bottom pack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Pretty sure I could nab a 50 point player in the draft. So really I'd be out 15 points hypothetically. So no...not crippling.

So you kinda rook a side without taking a side. In you opinion...as a contender I should take Eberle and leave the risk to the mid to bottom pack

if you can get a 50pt guy to replace drouin in case he gets sent down, then you are looking at a potential 15-25 pt drop in production from that roster spot. if you can afford to lose that in hopes that drouin will someday be a ppg player then do it. if every point is crucial and you are afraid that downgrading eberle to that 50pt guy could cost you the championship, don't do it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    if you can get a 50pt guy to replace drouin in case he gets sent down, then you are looking at a potential 15-25 pt drop in production from that roster spot. if you can afford to lose that in hopes that drouin will someday be a ppg player then do it. if every point is crucial and you are afraid that downgrading eberle to that 50pt guy could cost you the championship, don't do it.
    Praba-bly a good idea!