Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Proven Eberle or Potential Drouin... That is the question

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Proven Eberle or Potential Drouin... That is the question

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Once again, me consistent...Pomminville...gets over looked. You looking to win now, he's you guy IMO. Why leave the 10 points you feel Granlund will trail by on the table if a championship is sight?

You no consistent! Better the devil you know ... You have a shot at winning this year keep the guy who's proven. Eberle is my choice here.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    You're in a position to win your league and you have a guy who can put up 70+ points for you in Eberle. Drouin has done nothing at the NHL level ... interesting that I am the only one saying keep Eberle. I don't even really like Eberle (certainly not in the real NHL where the guy needs a map in his own end), but Eberle put up 76 points in his second year - that's some high end stuff.
    I get what you're saying duolos... absolutely ...

but I'd be replacing Eberle's 76 points (a career high mind you) with Pomminville's 60 - 65 point potential (probably more on par with Eberle and contributes more to my scoring cats than Eberle) and snap up a Drouin who for sure is completely an unknown (as Mackinnon was)... and my 1st selection in my draft could easily be a 50+ point producer.

So... given all that... Is the risk of losing Eberle and Drouin ending up being a bum too great?

Even if Drouin manages 40+ pts in his first year, I'm really only giving up 25 points (if Eberle repeats 76)... So I'd need to snap up a forward capable of 35 pts just to break even (stricktly from a points angle)

NO?

This deal is assuming Drouin lives up to the Potential and Hype...

Classic Risk/Reward

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Considering how stacked your team already is, I'd take the chance on a potential superstar in Drouin - you can afford the wait for the reward.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    You no consistent! Better the devil you know ... You have a shot at winning this year keep the guy who's proven. Eberle is my choice here.
    Fair enough...

But do you feel that Drouin will be a better player than Granlund? Eberle? Pomminville?

IF he's going to be as big as expected (granted...Yakupov has yet to reach that...but Mack sure did) when is the right time to jump?

And do I not have a strong enough team to float the 20-30 lost points from Eberle to Drouin (probably worst case scenario) and make up the differnce with my 1st round pick in this year's draft?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Drouin owner here. I wouldn´t trade him for Eberle straight up
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

I think you can still win with that team while moving Eberle for Drouin.
    Make good picks and manage your team properly and you should be fine.

On paper there are guys with great teams who just cant manage them, those guys lose to inferior teams on paper with great GM's - Be a great GM!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I think you can still win with that team while moving Eberle for Drouin.
    Make good picks and manage your team properly and you should be fine.

On paper there are guys with great teams who just cant manage them, those guys lose to inferior teams on paper with great GM's - Be a great GM!
    Oh...I AM a great GM!

Lol... Well I'm a dedicated GM.

But seriously, I managed to finish 2nd last year without JT and while struggling to update my goalies to move out Rinne for essentially Bob.

And I nabbed eberle for yak last year near the end, so really... Drouin would have to do what yak did last year just to match my 2nd place numbers...add in JT...I think in ok.

But if drouin fails...then it would definitely suck!

Oh...I AM a great GM!

Lol... Well I'm a dedicated GM.

But seriously, I managed to finish 2nd last year without JT and while struggling to update my goalies to move out Rinne for essentially Bob.

And I nabbed eberle for yak last year near the end, so really... Drouin would have to do what yak did last year just to match my 2nd place numbers...add in JT...I think in ok.

But if drouin fails...then it would definitely suck!
    Well if you moved a lackluster Yak for Eberle, I think you could trade a lackluster DROUIN for something better than Yak!
    But I think Drouin will succeed!

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Eberle is a lot better then the 65 points he put up last year. If this was say a Drouin over Pominville question, then it would be a no brainer. You might be leaving money on the table today with the hope of seeing Drouin out score Eberle by a wide enough margin so that you could recupe the winnings in the future.

There is still that chance that Drouin might be slow out of the gate ... what then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    I think Eberle is a lot better then the 65 points he put up last year. If this was say a Drouin over Pominville question, then it would be a no brainer. You might be leaving money on the table today with the hope of seeing Drouin out score Eberle by a wide enough margin so that you could recupe the winnings in the future.

There is still that chance that Drouin might be slow out of the gate ... what then?
    I don't think there are many risk/reward situations that have a higher possible upside/reward than with Drouin.

Looking back on threads regarding Mackinnon, someone was probably advised to KEEP guys in the realm of Eberle/Neal/Couture etc instead of taking a chance on MacK.
    The amount of threads involving trying to acquire MacK now (all of which the majority agrees that a HUGE star has to come back) is crazy!
    Take the chance and if Drouin completely FAILS you try and recoup your losses and move on which should not be hard given your current team!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I don't think there are many risk/reward situations that have a higher possible upside/reward than with Drouin.

Looking back on threads regarding Mackinnon, someone was probably advised to KEEP guys in the realm of Eberle/Neal/Couture etc instead of taking a chance on MacK.
    The amount of threads involving trying to acquire MacK now (all of which the majority agrees that a HUGE star has to come back) is crazy!
    Take the chance and if Drouin completely FAILS you try and recoup your losses and move on which should not be hard given your current team!
    It's one thing if you're rebuilding, but how many of those threads involved GM's who had a chance at finishing in the money in the upcoming season?

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd take Drouin without a moments thought. I think Eberle is overrated because of that one awesome season he had. Granted, Drouin is all hype too, but I'd honestly rather him.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Stud

As an Eberle owner I take the risk and get Drouin. However I think it takes three years before he potentially outproduces Eberle.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ninja

I get what you're saying duolos... absolutely ...

but I'd be replacing Eberle's 76 points (a career high mind you) with Pomminville's 60 - 65 point potential (probably more on par with Eberle and contributes more to my scoring cats than Eberle) and snap up a Drouin who for sure is completely an unknown (as Mackinnon was)... and my 1st selection in my draft could easily be a 50+ point producer.

So... given all that... Is the risk of losing Eberle and Drouin ending up being a bum too great?

Even if Drouin manages 40+ pts in his first year, I'm really only giving up 25 points (if Eberle repeats 76)... So I'd need to snap up a forward capable of 35 pts just to break even (stricktly from a points angle)

NO?

This deal is assuming Drouin lives up to the Potential and Hype...

Classic Risk/Reward
    Why wouldn't you have both Pominville AND Eberle then

I think you've made your mind up and wanted confirmation. Looks like you got it from most people, but not me

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    I'd take Drouin without a moments thought. I think Eberle is overrated because of that one awesome season he had. Granted, Drouin is all hype too, but I'd honestly rather him.
    He had a 65 point season and a half season that was looking to be 60+. He was an incredible jr player as well. It's not like he came out of nowhere. Drouin has not played a single game and yet Eberle is the overrated one? Odd.