Thread: Horvat/Jensen or Fiala/Goldobin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Horvat/Jensen or Fiala/Goldobin

Not for the league in my signature, it's a points only dynasty. Who would you rather have?

I don't know a lot about Fiala or Goldobin other than they got drafted this year. I am a Canucks fan so I would like to acquire Horvat and Jensen but I don't know if this is fair.

Rep for any help.
    [SIZE=1]
    Vancouver Millionaires
    12 team Dynasty - H2H

C: Bergeron, E. Staal, Bonino, Vermette, Neilsen, Horvat
    LW: Hall, E. Kane, Lucic, Sharp, Marleau
    RW: Nash, Ryan, Vrbata, Stafford, Frolik, Connolly
    D: Karlsson, Doughty, Hamonic, Seabrook, Ristolainen, Girardi, Ceci, C. Murphy
    G: Lundqvist, Luongo, Lehtonen, Niemi

Scoring Categories:
    G, A, Pts, PIMs, Shots, Hits, Blocks, Takeaways, FOW, TOI
    W, Sv%, Saves, GAA

2014-15 "The League" Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Horvat/Jensen or Fiala/Goldobin

Points only I'm taking Fiala and Goldobin and running as fast as I can.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Points only I'm taking Fiala and Goldobin and running as fast as I can.
    Can you shed a little light on Goldobin and Fiala? Projections (how you see them fitting in eventualy on their team and potential upsides?).

I honestly don't know enough about either, much like the OP, but am interested as I've seen the names fluttering around recently.

May help the OP understand his offer more.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm really intrigued by Goldobin, especially because he was drafted by San Jose who, for some reason can't seem to miss with their recent picks. Maybe it's stupid to base your picks on a single organization but they probably know more than I do.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
    I'm really intrigued by Goldobin, especially because he was drafted by San Jose who, for some reason can't seem to miss with their recent picks. Maybe it's stupid to base your picks on a single organization but they probably know more than I do.
    They really have an amazing string of "luck" going.

Makes me wonder what they are doing development-wise that other teams aren't.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Can you shed a little light on Goldobin and Fiala? Projections (how you see them fitting in eventualy on their team and potential upsides?).
    I honestly don't know enough about either, much like the OP, but am interested as I've seen the names fluttering around recently.
    May help the OP understand his offer more.
    This is more about a distaste for Horvat and Jensen than it is a love for Goldobin and Fiala.

Bo Horvat is a very meat and potatoes type of player. He's a player that is typically leaned on more for his defensive abilities than his offensive and he's a very strong faceoff man and PK player so I think that will lead to more defensive zone starts, less offensive opportunities etc. He's the type of player NHL teams need to win games but unfortunately I think his value lies more in multi-cat formats than it does in points only.

Jensen has just never impressed me. Whether it be OHL, AHL (purely based off of stats), NHL, he just doesn't seem to be at the right level. He could become a complimentary winger and get up to 40-50 points on the right line, but other than that I don't see it.

Fiala and Goldobin have great offensive abilities and are pure game breakers, plain and simple. Guys like that are bread and butter when it comes to points only. I think they present much higher upside for a points only setting than you could assume from Horvat and Jensen.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    They really have an amazing string of "luck" going.

Makes me wonder what they are doing development-wise that other teams aren't.
    Great point! Actually, I think the organization probably has as much to do with how a player develops as the player themselves. Some teams just seem to be better at it than others and SJ has, in my opinion, a great recent track record.