Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: {Signing} Peter Mueller

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: {Signing} Peter Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    man what happened to this guy....him and toews were going h2h in the juniors, one is already a hall of fame candidate if he retired, the other...jeez.
    Sometimes things just don't work out - I had forgotten how Mueller/Toews were battling it out.

Wonder how it would have gone, had Chicago taken Mueller.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Perhaps he's aware he has the talent to succeed in the NHL again, he's just, as someone said above, wary to be back. Taking his time and taking yet another year off from the NHl and in the A isn't a terrible idea to build back not only his strength but his confidence.. I'm sure his compete is there but I wouldn't think it a bad idea for him to bide his time, garner another cheap contract, and shit..what better organization to be part of than the Blues! makes sense for both sides, imho
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not a bad signing as a two-way contract. I like it, even if he is sent to the minors.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Icon

From Mueller's point of view, there is no downside to signing with a great team like St Louis. There are only three outcomes with this contract. He looks like he can play and makes the team out of camp or another team picks him up on waivers or he looks like he can't play and spends the year working for a classy organization like the Blues. All 3 are pretty favourable for Mueller.

Dobber Sports Expert

Wish him all the best. Liked him a lot when he was in Sunrise. Dude still has things left to come. Not the best team to sign with sadly.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/andystrickland/s...14493514108930

#stlblues have been interested in Peter Mueller since last April. Signs for $700/$250 with $350 guarantee
    I wonder if these "guarantees" are a new CBA thing since this is the first summer I have heard of them. Several players have gotten them. In the past it's been just NHL and AHL salary in two-way deals. Now there are these guarantees in the mix as well. Does that guarantee mean they have to spend certain amount of days with NHL team to hit that guaranteed salary number or can they get it while spending whole season in minors? I'm too lazy to try search that info from CBA right now but just curious.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Haven't seen it on capgeek yet, but spontaneously I would guess that they're doing something with a separate signing bonus or something like that.

Dobber Sports Star

I never heard of that too. I think it could only mean bonus at the end of the season if a certain amount of time wasn't achieved at the NHL level.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Haven't seen it on capgeek yet, but spontaneously I would guess that they're doing something with a separate signing bonus or something like that.
    That would make sense. Kevin Poulin and Brandon McMillan are two guys that got that "guarantee" but Capgeek isn't showing any signing bonus for either of them yet though. So if it's due to signing bonuses, atleast Capgeek hasn't gotten that info yet.

Edit. Signing bonuses are part of salary. I'm not sure how it's counted against AHL salary though but if Mueller got $100k in signing bonus over his $250k AHL salary that I think would guarantee him atleast that $350k even in the case he spends whole season in minors. So that could certainly work if those signing bonuses only count towards NHL salary, and not in any way to the AHL salary.

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I never heard of that too. I think it could only mean bonus at the end of the season if a certain amount of time wasn't achieved at the NHL level.
    That would again be something that would need to be on CBA. The only bonuses allowed that I know of are signing bonuses and performance bonuses. These players aren't eligible for the latter and signing bonuses are paid up front. So if this is the case, there's a new third kind of bonus system in the CBA.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw