Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Angus' top-50 NHL Players List

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Angus' top-50 NHL Players List

One of the greatest hockey minds this place has seen has published the first part of his annual top-50 NHL Players List. Always worth a read.

http://www.anguscertified.com/top-50/
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Angus' top-50 NHL Players List

I didn't know Jeff Angus even wrote about fantasy hockey anymore. I thought he was simply doing the physical fitness stuff now.

"Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia is a town of just over 25,000 people. Yet somehow it has produced the greatest hockey player on the planet as well as the greatest teenage hockey player on the planet. Is there something in the water? Sidney Crosby maintains his spot as the top hockey player on the planet after capturing another Art Ross Trophy. Nathan MacKinnon dazzled fans with an unbelievable first round postseason performance. Did the 18-year-old phenom crack the top 10?"

An interesting way to start his article. Funny part is, there is someone else from Cole Harbour NS who had the Stanley Cup parade through that part of the city before Sidney ever did. Anyone want to harbour a guess as to who that was?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

wish he was still a part of this site
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Looks like MacKinnon must have made the top 25. Very interesting for me, a MacK owner.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I didn't know Jeff Angus even wrote about fantasy hockey anymore. I thought he was simply doing the physical fitness stuff now.

"Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia is a town of just over 25,000 people. Yet somehow it has produced the greatest hockey player on the planet as well as the greatest teenage hockey player on the planet. Is there something in the water? Sidney Crosby maintains his spot as the top hockey player on the planet after capturing another Art Ross Trophy. Nathan MacKinnon dazzled fans with an unbelievable first round postseason performance. Did the 18-year-old phenom crack the top 10?"

An interesting way to start his article. Funny part is, there is someone else from Cole Harbour NS who had the Stanley Cup parade through that part of the city before Sidney ever did. Anyone want to harbour a guess as to who that was?
    Brad Richards?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Brad Marchand

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Deity

No to both guesses, but Marchand is closer than Richards. Brad Richards is from Murray Harbour, PEI. Marchand is actually from Hammonds Plains, another suburb of Halifax.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Looks like MacKinnon must have made the top 25. Very interesting for me, a MacK owner.
    Doesn't hurt my feelings either!
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Banned

I think he should stick to fitness.

Dobber Sports Ninja

These lists are not of much value for fantasy hockey, but they are always good as a talking point, which is Jeff's forte. I'll be interested to see the top end of this when he releases it.

Dobber Sports Master

No to both guesses, but Marchand is closer than Richards. Brad Richards is from Murray Harbour, PEI. Marchand is actually from Hammonds Plains, another suburb of Halifax.
    Someone who recently won, or from way way back?

Dobber Sports Deity

Someone who recently won, or from way way back?
    Recently, as in the last 10 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I had to look this up and never would have guessed this player. Now I know!

Dobber Sports Master

The only two NS players besides Crosby & Marchand that I can think of who have won the cup in the last ten years are Jon Sim and Colin White, but neither are Haligonians.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I had to look this up and never would have guessed this player. Now I know!
    I was at the parade when he went through with the Cup. I wasnt able to see Crosbys parade as I was working, but luckily he got flown into the dockyard in Halifax on a SeaKing and he flew in with the Cup and landed on the back of the tanker. It was awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

The only two NS players besides Crosby & Marchand that I can think of who have won the cup in the last ten years are Jon Sim and Colin White, but neither are Haligonians.
    Nope, they are both from New Glasgow area. You give up?