Thread: Miller and Petrovic, two bargain multi cat studs....Yes?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Miller and Petrovic, two bargain multi cat studs....Yes?

With CAP issues I am looking at these two Defenders as the possible solution to the problem. Stuart and Brodie potentially being drops.

I already own Miller but I'm not certain he has solidified a spot on the B's backend. He got his chance when the injury bug hit and certainly impressed, but going into this year, does Julien have him penciled in, will regular ice be his?

Petrovic is one of the few multi cat type defenders available in the draft. I have no idea what to make out of the Cats back end? Does this guy factor in significantly enough to get steady ice this year?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Miller and Petrovic, two bargain multi cat studs....Yes?

Petrovic is one of four D-men (others being Robak, Olsen and Racine) fighting for the remaining three spot (one of which is to be 7th D-man) with Florida's opening night roster. Racine has impressed last season and on development camp so he's quickly rising in the depth charts there. Both he and Petrovic are waiver exempt which puts them at a disadvantege against the other two and they may still opt for more experienced bottom-pairing D-man via trade or FA. So I do not see significant ice-time being there for Petrovic unless he has an impressive camp in the fall.

Miller isn't really a regular D-man either, I think, with all the bodies Bruins have in their backend. But he will likely still see more ice-time than Petrovic next season. I'd probably take him over Petrovic if those two are the only available choices.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Petrovic is one of four D-men (others being Robak, Olsen and Racine) fighting for the remaining three spot (one of which is to be 7th D-man) with Florida's opening night roster. Racine has impressed last season and on development camp so he's quickly rising in the depth charts there. Both he and Petrovic are waiver exempt which puts them at a disadvantege against the other two and they may still opt for more experienced bottom-pairing D-man via trade or FA. So I do not see significant ice-time being there for Petrovic unless he has an impressive camp in the fall.

Miller isn't really a regular D-man either, I think, with all the bodies Bruins have in their backend. But he will likely still see more ice-time than Petrovic next season. I'd probably take him over Petrovic if those two are the only available choices.
    Great insight on what's going on with the Panthers.

I wish I could be more of help here, but I am not very familar with these players. They seem to be 3rd pair D, and hold little fantasy value except hits and blocks.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post

There is also the Statement that Petrovic is trade bait and the panthers want to lock up another top 4 Defender. A Del Zotto signing or trade for a guy like Oduya would not suprise me.

Petrovic is def. ahead of Robak. Currently i fully expect Olson to be the 6th guy but Racine like Carcillo told is on the rise and quick.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    There is also the Statement that Petrovic is trade bait and the panthers want to lock up another top 4 Defender. A Del Zotto signing or trade for a guy like Oduya would not suprise me.

Petrovic is def. ahead of Robak. Currently i fully expect Olson to be the 6th guy but Racine like Carcillo told is on the rise and quick.
    I just now realized that I totally forgot Ekblad there too so the four guys I mentioned are only fighting for #6 and #7 jobs currently. So the chances for Petrovic to make it are even smaller with that.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw