Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Signing] Sam Bennett

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [Signing] Sam Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    How big of a deal are those 8 months at this point? Earlier on those 8 months are huge, but by this point in their development does it really mean all that much?
    Does it definitely make a difference? I don't think so.

Could it make a difference? Perhaps. He might grow a little more, he might be a little behind physically due to being younger, etc. Far too many variables for us really take into account.

I don't think his age difference is something negative for us. That is, unless someone overvalues because he's younger.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think at the age they are at now, the 8 months at this point does make a difference. Not a huge difference, but I believe it does make a difference.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    How big of a deal are those 8 months at this point? Earlier on those 8 months are huge, but by this point in their development does it really mean all that much?
    Means something to me, Bennett was not too far off from being in the next draft.. Bennett will grow this season and be top 5 in OHL scoring..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

My gut instinct tells me the 8 months is a factor, but I just wonder how much is all. If any. Would be a really good thing to research at some point.

Dobber Sports Giant

The 8 months matters in the sense that Bennett is an entire development year behind guys like Reinhart / Draisaitl. I've been touting this fact on the forums as a major point as to why I would select Bennett 1st overall in most fantasy formats of the 2014 class. He's going to go back to junior and absolutely dominate his peers, fill out his frame a little bit, and be ready to crack the NHL roster by 2015-16. His offensive production this season should be weighed against guys like Draisaitl/Reinhart's draft minus-1 year, so I think that makes it all the more impressive.

I'm super high on Sam Bennett, and I think he's got an incredibly bright future as the 1C for the Flames.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Okay, so ow we're talking. The issue then is development time and not so much age!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Exactly. I think the age is more important when they're younger as it usually means they're smaller then a lot of the older players, so they have to develop other parts of their game. Then as they get older and the size catches up and they start gaining some strength they're a little more developed overall.

I'm a fan of targeting the younger players in a draft class since they can be up to a full year younger than their peers and that can make a huge difference. At 17-18 years old, you're not done growing. So that extra year can mean more development....Bennett is a good example. No pull ups at the combine. If he's already this good with no upper body strength, imagine how good he'll be when he starts to fill out and get a "man's" body.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

The pullup thing was hilarious and sad all at the same time. It just represents the fishbowl that the internet has created for these kids to a tee. I found it really odd that he couldn't do a single pullup since I am not a large guy and can easily do 6, but there's so many other actually important factors to being a great hockey player, that it was such a strange thing to make a big deal out of.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well the NHL uses a very specific type of pull up. It's not a single bar with palms facing towards you. It's two separate handles outside of shoulder width, and palms facing forward. It's actually hard as hell.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Depends what you mean. I'm sure he got the 925k but his signing bonuses won't be maxed out.

2013 for example:

MacKinnon: 3.775
    Barkov: 3.575
    Drouin: 3.194
    Jones: 3.225
    Lindholm: 1.775

Sam Reinhart got 3.575 so Bennett will be less than that.
    He sure did get lower...

Average annual value of 3.225M per season.

http://capgeek.com/player/3484
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...