Page 96 of 310 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Price is as good as gone.. We need to resign Estrada and two more starters or making the playoffs is going to be extremely tough.. Stroman Estrada Dickey and 2 free agents might do it.. If Hutchinson is in there, we are in trouble.. Use Hutch as a long reliever.. We need to beef up our bullpen!! KC Royals and NY Mets both have solid bullpens!!

Sanchez a starter?? Maybe they try him again.. Hutch needs to change something up, he can't be as inconsistent as he was this year, that's not an option for a team that will be playing for it all again next season!!

Go Jays Go
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd be surpeised to see Dickey and Gibbons on the same team ever again.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I'd be surpeised to see Dickey and Gibbons on the same team ever again.
    Did I miss something here??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Two years ago, he was money on the road, shit at home. This past year, he was money at home, shit on the road. The way he's going, he's either going to be money at home and on the road, or shit at home and on the road. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

My guess at the rotation next yr:
    Dickey, Stroman, Estrada, Price, Kazmir
    They resign Lowe, and bring in another relief like Mujica, Clippard, Soria, or Sipp

If they can’t get Price/Kazmir (level of pitcher, so like a good SP, but no ace) Sanchez is tested as a SP again. Sanchez is tested, Hutch in the BP, and if Sanchez gets hurt or can’t do it Hutch comes back as a SP.

We’ll see some OF depth moves. Nothing fancy or big news signings, but someone who can play RF and LF. Imagine if the Jays went out and got Cespedes and made Revere the OF4 lol. I don’t think whoever signs Cespedes is going to get the full payout of stats from him in respect to his contract. But imagine that lineup if they went and got him lol.

Pillar-Donaldson-Bautista-Edwin-Cespedes-Tulo-Collo-Martin-Goins
    The easiest inning you could have would be Martin-Goins-Pillar, but the next is Doonaldson-Bautista-Edwin, then Cespedes-Tulo-Collo lol. That would be like a videogame
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My guess at the rotation next yr:
    Dickey, Stroman, Estrada, Price, Kazmir
    They resign Lowe, and bring in another relief like Mujica, Clippard, Soria, or Sipp

If they can’t get Price/Kazmir (level of pitcher, so like a good SP, but no ace) Sanchez is tested as a SP again. Sanchez is tested, Hutch in the BP, and if Sanchez gets hurt or can’t do it Hutch comes back as a SP.

We’ll see some OF depth moves. Nothing fancy or big news signings, but someone who can play RF and LF. Imagine if the Jays went out and got Cespedes and made Revere the OF4 lol. I don’t think whoever signs Cespedes is going to get the full payout of stats from him in respect to his contract. But imagine that lineup if they went and got him lol.

Pillar-Donaldson-Bautista-Edwin-Cespedes-Tulo-Collo-Martin-Goins
    The easiest inning you could have would be Martin-Goins-Pillar, but the next is Doonaldson-Bautista-Edwin, then Cespedes-Tulo-Collo lol. That would be like a videogame
    Price won't be in the rotation...there's no chance they re-sign him. He'll be a Sox, Yankee or Cub almost guaranteed.

Also Morosi thinks Estrada is gone as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Price won't be in the rotation...there's no chance they re-sign him. He'll be a Sox, Yankee or Cub almost guaranteed.

Also Morosi thinks Estrada is gone as well.
    Price is gone unless Management removes the “no longer than 5yrs” contract rule. He’ll be a 7yr/210mill guy I bet. If they don’t remove it, Price is 100% gone, he won’t sign a 5yr unless it’s like 5yr/200mill which is ridiculous to do. If they do lift that rule and give him that contract I think he stays.

Estrada is interesting. I read somewhere he can command as much as 13mill/yr….um that’s a lot lol. He’s said he wants to be back, AA said they want him back, so it’s based off what Estrada wants money wise and what Toronto will give money wise. All dependant of the 5yr rule I think. They don’t lift it for Price, Estrada gets extra $$ to stay.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Did I miss something here??
    Gibson doesn't like the knuckle ball and i'm sure pulling Dickey out, that doesn't sound right, of a game before getting his 1st playoff win left a very bad taste in RA's mouth.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've already mentally accepted that Price is gone, but I hope they pay up for Estrada.

He was their sturdiest arm all year, and best pitcher in the playoffs. One of the very few guys you don't have to worry about.

Dobber Sports Stud

i think paying up for Estrada is a big mistake. He is an extreme fly ball pitcher that is getting lucky that they are not leaving the yard like usual. Also his K/9 is eroding the last 3 yrs. your overpaying just like toronto did with Dickey.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

I hope they sit Estrada down and tell him we want you, but would you take a discount to allow us to put a better team on the field? So if 15mill for Estrada is “fair value” and 30mill for Price is “fair value” give Estrada 10-12, and the left over give to Price. Combined it’s fair, but Estrada is an underpayment, and Price is an overpayment.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would love to see Price back, but I wont be surprised to see him going to the Cubs or Red Sox. If he does leave Toronto, I'd rather it be to the Cubs.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would love to see Price back, but I wont be surprised to see him going to the Cubs or Red Sox. If he does leave Toronto, I'd rather it be to the Cubs.
    I hope the RSox don’t get Price (because Toronto does), misses out on Grienke (because I’m greedy and Toronto gets him too lol), so they get Ceuto. And he turns out to be a worse signing than Hanley.

Ceeeeeuuuuttttooooo every time he’s in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Needed a few days to get over what happened on Friday. Overall can't complain, great season. The guys had their chances in game 6 but just didn't execute plain and simple. Though, the effect that the atrocious strike call against Revere has on the AB really can't be overstated. Anyway, that walk to Bautista in game 5 definitely should have been a strikeout and they might not have made it to game 6 so what can you do./

I'm looking forward to next season. Position player wise we're completely solid, the real question is going to be how do we deal with the rotation. Lot of options to consider.

I feel like the change to Shapiro couldn't have come at a worse time tbh. I would hate to see him come in and mess with the situation (i.e. replace people within the organization with his own guys) because I think this team was and still is good enough to win it all. Just re-sign AA and let him work his magic.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Needed a few days to get over what happened on Friday. Overall can't complain, great season. The guys had their chances in game 6 but just didn't execute plain and simple. Though, the effect that the atrocious strike call against Revere has on the AB really can't be overstated. Anyway, that walk to Bautista in game 5 definitely should have been a strikeout and they might not have made it to game 6 so what can you do./

I'm looking forward to next season. Position player wise we're completely solid, the real question is going to be how do we deal with the rotation. Lot of options to consider.

I feel like the change to Shapiro couldn't have come at a worse time tbh. I would hate to see him come in and mess with the situation (i.e. replace people within the organization with his own guys) because I think this team was and still is good enough to win it all. Just re-sign AA and let him work his magic.
    I agree with this. It's like they brought him in to fix some internal issues but it would appear that the issues seem to be going away already. He's still young and I hope he doesn't come in looking to become a more "hands-on" type of Prez.

I also agree that AA needs to be re-signed and let him continue with the path he's been taking. Shapiro just needs to come in and be the middleman between AA and Rogers.