Page 94 of 310 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Speculation time. lol...
    As uncomfortable as we all are with Dickey, something interesting (and scary) could play out if Estrada struggles today.
    It's do or die. So if Estrada struggles, and he certainly did in game 1, they pretty much have to get Price in there today at some point, and the earlier the better. They have no other lefties available, it's a must win game, and the only other relievers for today could be Sanchez and Osuna... neither of whom will be coming in before inning 6. So if they pull off a miracle win today, and if Price gets burned for innings 3 through 6 or 7, they either move up Stroman to start game 6, or let Dickey start game 6. He only threw 40 something pitches yesterday, and he's a knuckleballer anyway, so he doesn't need the same traditional rest as their other starters - they would have to go back to him I think. Am I nuts? What else can they do.

Long story short.... they DESPERATELY need a strong start from Estrada today.
    The tweet above says Gibby is prepared to go to Price today and use Stroman in Game 6 on 3 days rest. That could set-up Dickey as the Game 7 starter.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    The tweet above says Gibby is prepared to go to Price today and use Stroman in Game 6 on 3 days rest. That could set-up Dickey as the Game 7 starter.
    No, the quote above says he "plans" on using Price today. It may be simantics but that sounds like we can expect to see Price today at some point in the game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No, the quote above says he "plans" on using Price today. It may be simantics but that sounds like we can expect to see Price today at some point in the game.
    Hopefully Estrada pitches well and don't need to see Price today

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Touche.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Ideal world, Estrada goes 6-7, Sanchez Osuna split the rest of the game. Price and Stroman do the same.

Estrada goes 4, Price goes 3, Sanchez Osuna split the rest, Stroman game 6, and then cross the bridge when you get to it for game 7.

That’s what my guess is. Don’t think about saving the next day’s starter because there may not be one.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hopefully Estrada pitches well and don't need to see Price today
    I couldn't agree more with this statement. Here's hoping. I know Gibby has more faith in Estrada than he does in Dickey so I guess we will see.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Just remember Toronto traded Syndergaard and D'arnaud for Dickey.. Fleeced....

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Just remember Toronto traded Syndergaard and D'arnaud for Dickey.. Fleeced....
    Right now it certainly looks this way but it's the gamble you take when you trade prospects for a guy coming off a Cy Young win. Don't get me wrong, I haven't liked the trade since it happened and I have never been a big RA Dickey fan, but it's easy to look back now and say they got fleeced. At the time, it wasn't a fleecing. These deals happen all the time and it's more common for the prospects to NOT pan out than it is for them to be impactful in the bigs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Marco Estrada is an absolute ****ing beauty.

I love how people are surprised with how he was so good. He's been doing this for the better part of the entire season. Like i said back in August, he was this team's best story that was getting no attention.

Dobber Sports Stud

this game swings the momentum towards Toronto.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Guys... the Jays are 3-0 in the playoffs when I'm at the stadium. Clearly I'm the driving force behind this team.

If Gibbons were smart he'd fly me to KC with the team.

Dobber Sports Genius

You should call him up and tell him that. I'm sure he'd take you to games with the team

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

I love how people are surprised with how he was so good. He's been doing this for the better part of the entire season. Like i said back in August, he was this team's best story that was getting no attention.
    Estrada was incredible tonight. Dude is unflappable. I love his competitiveness... he looked sooo pissed when he left for the dugout despite pitching an almost perfect game.

Two left with Stro and Price on deck... I feel good about Stro, but the thought of Price in an elimination game makes me shit bricks.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

Hard to argue with. I also didn't give him enough respect but man, he's been our savior.

Dobber Sports Titan

In 7 years, 15 former Cy Young winners have been traded. Cliff Lee and Jake Peavy makes 3 times each, and Price twice. So roughly 10 different Cy Young pitchers moved in 7 years. So they don’t happen often in a league that loves to deal players.

You look at one trade and it looks good for both teams. Dec 19, 2010 KCR turned Greinke+Betancourt to the _____for Lorenzo Cain+Escobar+Jeffress+Odorzzi, then turned Odorzzi into Shields and Wade Davis. Greinke is Greinke, but look at who that brought in for the Royals. 3 of KCR core. That was a ridiculous trade for an Ace. Honestly, KCR won this. But if Cain flops, that’s a different story.

Dec 17, 2012 (almost 2 yrs to the day later), Mets trade Dickey+Thole+Nicheas for d’Arnaud+Syndergaard+Buck+Becerra. If Thole or NIcheas had come out of nowhere and became starters (both catchers), no one would be talking about the trade. Baseball is so weird when it comes to prospects you never know if it’ll turn out.

Stroman, Matt Smoral, Mitch Nay, Tyler Gonzales, DJ Davis, Kevin Comer, Dwight Smith SR, Joe Musgrove, Jacob Anderson, Tyler Beede, Asher Wojciechowski, Syndergaard, Sanchez, James Paxton, Chad Jenkis, David Cooper, Trsytan Mugnuson, Justin Jackston, Cecil, JP Arencibia, and Kevin Ahrens. Those are the 1st round draft picks the Jays have had from 2012-2007. 5 of those names I recognize.

What if Snydergaard flopped? What if he blows his arm out next season? d’Arnaud was looking like a bandaid boy bust (talent there just can’t stay on the field) to me at one point. Would I do the trade now? No, but it’s a crap shoot with prospects in baseball. Can’t harbour in the past about trades. What if Toronto didn’t trade Robinzon Diaz for Jose Bautista back in 2008? Or Toronto didn’t trade Scott Rolen for Josh Roenicke, Zach Stewart, and Edwin Encarnacion? What about the Donaldson one? The Jays have been pretty lucky in the past. And Dickey has given the jays a starter for 3 straight 30+ start 200+IP seasons. That’s a dependable player right there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll