Page 88 of 310 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

After Cola's performance this series, I don't see how Smoak will ever get back into the starting rotation for the rest of the post season... as it should be.

Dobber Sports Titan

So they charged the guy who allegedly throw the beer can that made the mom with the baby cry.

2 things. The can never hit the mom or baby. It just got the baby wet with beer, prolly only a drop or two. And it’s a he said she said at this point for the guy who is charged. Couldn’t he just say, no I didn’t throw it? As long as he didn’t already admit it. There’s cameras everywhere so I bet they caught it somehow, but really, they’re charging this guy?! 1/2second missthought, baby wasn’t even hurt (let alone hit!), and now he’s charged.

The mom is being hysterical if she pushed for this. TO ME, this woman got off lucky if this is what happened. Would she sue the Jays if the baby got a bat splinter in the eye? Or in a week when she notices her baby not hearing properly will she call for heads to roll?

This may be sexist (9/10 it is when you have to say may lol), but would a dad handle this situation he same? I know I’d check for a bump if he got hit, and just let him ‘walk’ it off. There’s a picture of this women looking like she just saw someone she loved shot, like the baby got wet…and you put him in that situation…. I would either go to the tunnel, or sit down with the baby inside like my jacket or something, actually no, I wouldn’t even have brought a 6-12month yr old baby to a game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Charges might be a bit overboard considering thousands of people were doing it... but really there's no excuse for throwing shit in a public arena like that, so anyone who does it should be prepared to accept the consequences.

I was in the 100's when it started raining beer, and it was a lot more dangerous and chaotic than I'm sure it looked on TV. People in the first 5 rows were stampeding for cover... I saw a couple of guys get hit with cans, and parents covering up their children.

I do agree that it's a bit silly to bring a baby to a game like this, but again, no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So they charged the guy who allegedly throw the beer can that made the mom with the baby cry.

2 things. The can never hit the mom or baby. It just got the baby wet with beer, prolly only a drop or two. And it’s a he said she said at this point for the guy who is charged. Couldn’t he just say, no I didn’t throw it? As long as he didn’t already admit it. There’s cameras everywhere so I bet they caught it somehow, but really, they’re charging this guy?! 1/2second missthought, baby wasn’t even hurt (let alone hit!), and now he’s charged.

The mom is being hysterical if she pushed for this. TO ME, this woman got off lucky if this is what happened. Would she sue the Jays if the baby got a bat splinter in the eye? Or in a week when she notices her baby not hearing properly will she call for heads to roll?

This may be sexist (9/10 it is when you have to say may lol), but would a dad handle this situation he same? I know I’d check for a bump if he got hit, and just let him ‘walk’ it off. There’s a picture of this women looking like she just saw someone she loved shot, like the baby got wet…and you put him in that situation…. I would either go to the tunnel, or sit down with the baby inside like my jacket or something, actually no, I wouldn’t even have brought a 6-12month yr old baby to a game.
    With all the people throwing crap, how they hell did they know who threw THAT exact beer? If you are going to charge one, charge them all, or at least as many as they can find.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm sure a bunch of people in his section ratted him out. Plus there's cameras everywhere.

They just need to make a public example out of one person so the crowd doesn't do this again. That guy just happened to be the unlucky one who threw the can that came close to the TV baby.

Pretty sure they will drop the charges eventually and give him a slap on the wrist (ie: ban from games, which is virtually unenforceable anyway). This is more of a message to the public.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Charges might be a bit overboard considering thousands of people were doing it... but really there's no excuse for throwing shit in a public arena like that, so anyone who does it should be prepared to accept the consequences.

I was in the 100's when it started raining beer, and it was a lot more dangerous and chaotic than I'm sure it looked on TV. People in the first 5 rows were stampeding for cover... I saw a couple of guys get hit with cans, and parents covering up their children.

I do agree that it's a bit silly to bring a baby to a game like this, but again, no excuse for that kind of behaviour.
    Agreed +1

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya I’m sure someone said, “That guy did it”. It could have gone much worse if the kid was hit in the head with a full can, but a 4yr old wouldn’t have been in that much medical trouble if he got hit in the head with a can would they?

I dunno, I see it as the mom (and whoever brings a very very young baby) put the kid in danger. A splinter from a bat, a ball, hell, even getting bumped into by a drunken unstable person could have hurt the kid.

Do you think he can Chase Utley appeal the charges and point out 100s of replays of guys committing the same crime as he did and say, “But you didn’t charge those guys”

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm sure a bunch of people in his section ratted him out. Plus there's cameras everywhere.

They just need to make a public example out of one person so the crowd doesn't do this again. That guy just happened to be the unlucky one who threw the can that came close to the TV baby.

Pretty sure they will drop the charges eventually and give him a slap on the wrist (ie: ban from games, which is virtually unenforceable anyway). This is more of a message to the public.
    Agree with all of that. I get it's the heat of the moment and mob mentality and all but throwing anything can cause injury, a full beer can which picks up speed from gravity could cause a reasonably serious injury to a grown adult, and a child. While I don't know that I'd take my young child to a game I think its victim blaming to suggest the parent should have known that their kid could get hit by a flying beer can because fans couldn't control their behavior. The rest of the risks mentioned are relatively likelihood and protected against.

I do agree they've charged him to make him an example, the papers will run it and hopefully the fans will keep themselves in order next series, plus after last night the security/police are going to have zero tolerance for anything next round, they will be ejecting fans for being drunk and excessively loud I suspect. Anyways, I bet he's charged and either agrees to a plea where he has a year's probation and no record, or the charges are dropped after the playoffs.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/654732578281287680

#Royals to open ALCS with Edinson Volquez followed by Yordano Ventura and Johnny Cueto versus #BlueJays.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

All three of them little bitches. I'd love it if the offense could stay hot and completely blast the three of them sky high.

Dobber Sports Titan

Woah, ok guys. Hold onto your butts. So ESPN’s website has ballpark stats, and one of them is Ballpark Run Factor. Basically if the RUNS number is higher than 1 it’s a hitters park, lower than 1 it’s a pitchers park.

Rank 1 – Coors – 1.436Runs (just saying the highest ranked)
    Rank 11 – Kauffman – 1.019Runs (KCR)
    Rank 24 – Rogers – 0.906 (Blue Jays)

How…are the Jays….a pitching stadium?!

Even the Jays HR factor is 1.005 (15th ranked), so right in the middle of pitcher/batter friendly. For the record tho, Kauffman is 0.793 ranked 25th in HR Factor.

- - - Updated - - -

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Any word on Jays starters? I'm thinking Estrada... Price... Dickey.. Stroman?

Estrada pitched on the 11th-- pitching tomorrow would give him 4 days rest.
    Price on Saturday gives him 4 days.
    Dickey on Monday gives him 6 days rest.
    Stroman on Tuesday gives him 5 days rest.

I guess they could flip Stroman and Dickey and have Stroman go on 4 days rest and Dickey start game 4.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Its going to come down to a Stroman vs Cueto game 7! love it!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    All three of them little bitches. I'd love it if the offense could stay hot and completely blast the three of them sky high.
    Which is why I love the National League. Pitchers have to stand in the batters box at some point - well, Starters anyway. I know that didn't stop guys like Pedro Martinez from throwing inside - he was a bitch, but he was our (Expos) bitch!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hope they go with Estrada - Price - Stroman - Dickey, with the goal of having Price or Stroman available for an elimination game late in the series.