Page 80 of 310 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

pretty sure i'm gonna get fired from my job.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I really believe the Jays can win the next 3.. Estrada has been solid and so has Dickey.. And then we go back with Price.. The bats just need to wake up and I truly believe they will!!

Have some faith my friends!! Go Jays Go!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

While I haven't given up, even if we can manage to squeak by the Rangers we just lost Cecil for the rest of the postseason. That's huge.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    While I haven't given up, even if we can manage to squeak by the Rangers we just lost Cecil for the rest of the postseason. That's huge.
    Oh wow. Didn't see that. It just doesn't seem like its meant to be for the Jays. I wasn't intensely watching the game but kept checking in and it just seemed like nothing was going their way. I mean, how often does a batter beat out a routine grounder to the shortstop? I think it happened twice yesterday. Bautista dropping a fly ball against the fence. Yes it does happen, but not very often. This just hasn't been the same team the last week and a half.

I'm trying to remain optimistic here, but I am starting to think that Texas has destiny on there side.

Dobber Sports Deity

If the Jays don't start hitting, it won't matter who;s on the mound for Toronto.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

IF (and it's a big if) they win game 3.... any chance they go back to Price for do-or-die game 4 and skip Dickey?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I really believe the Jays can win the next 3.. Estrada has been solid and so has Dickey.. And then we go back with Price.. The bats just need to wake up and I truly believe they will!!

Have some faith my friends!! Go Jays Go!!
    Hear, hear! I'll be cheering until they lose their final game...hopefully that's not until the World Series! Ever the optimist!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    IF (and it's a big if) they win game 3.... any chance they go back to Price for do-or-die game 4 and skip Dickey?
    If they do not there should be a revolt in Toronto.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    If they do not there should be a revolt in Toronto.
    Agreed. Not like Price needs anymore rest anyway after that 11 day layoff and the last 5 inning game.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm thinking Price would be available to come out of the bullpen for game 4 if needed.. But then if you make it to game 5, would you tather Stroman starting over Price?? I think they should go with what got them there, start Dickey in game 4.. Their hitting can win them these 3 games, just need to heat up.. Backs are against the walls now, no excuses, lets take over this series.. GO JAYS GO!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I'm thinking Price would be available to come out of the bullpen for game 4 if needed.. But then if you make it to game 5, would you tather Stroman starting over Price?? I think they should go with what got them there, start Dickey in game 4.. Their hitting can win them these 3 games, just need to heat up.. Backs are against the walls now, no excuses, lets take over this series.. GO JAYS GO!!
    Screw that, I have no sympathy for the "go with what got them here" argument when we're facing elimination.

I'll worry about game 5 when we get there, if we get to game 4 with our backs against the wall, I want my ace out there if he can pitch. I would feel confident with Stroman for game 5 as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

ok guys, haven't been on here in a few days, so pardon me if i repeat myself.

Dickey WILL start game 4 if that happens. Meaning Price may come out of the Pen tonight if need be, and apparently Stroman may too. SO 6th inning, tie/close game, Price comes out where Cecil would, then go from there as per usual. Dickey starts game 4, and then maybe even get Price out of the pen AGAIN in a Cecil spot.

So there's a lot of ifs and you can't think any farther ahead than the game on that day, but if that works out, Stroman can start game 5. Price comes out of the pen in this series from now on where Cecil would, if the game is close. You have 3 starters (Estrada, Dickey, Stroman) for 3 games. Price has been really good (albeit it was a while ago) out of the pen in the playoffs, maybe Gibs is thinking that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

One more game then we bring it back home boys... I'm so anxious for tomorrow's game, mainly because I have pretty sick seats for game 5 if that happens!

Dobber Sports Deity

It was nice of the bats (and especially Tulo) to finally show up. The Jays showed good patience at the plate in last nights game and that starts it all for them. They play their best baseball when they show patience and make the pitchers go deep in the count and wait for their pitch. The first two games they were chasing bad pitch after bad pitch. That was something they didn't do much of during the regular season. I don't know if was just the pressure of the playoffs but they Jays just didn't look like the regular season Jays.

Today they face a fastball throwing left hander. They have feasted on these type of pitchers all season long. Hopefully they continue to show patience at the plate and hopefully Dickie (who hasn't pitched in what seems like forever) has some good stuff. This is one of the main reasons they brought him in.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I'm with Harold Reynolds tonight... If their bullpen can't close out a 5-1 game with 6 outs to go, they don't deserve to be in the post season. WHY use Price tonight? Save him for Game 4 or 5. Price shouldn't be warming up on short rest with a 5-1 lead.
    With a SP, they typically need longer to warmup. they had him warming up just in case the game got close. i wasn't expecting him to go in unless Sanchez stumbled. Don't listen to anything that Harold Reynolds says. Dude is 100% the simplest man on earth. Canadians can't catch foul balls, Pillar having a bad read on a ball, commenting on how Toronto is unable to play small ball especially with 2outs. He was also commenting on how Estrada was lucky that the Rangers weren't hitting the pitches because they were close. HE'S A FLYBALL PITCHER!!!

Here's something funny, Reynolds led the AL in errors by a 2nd baseman from 1987-89 with like low 20s each season. And he comments on us not catching fouls...Excuse me while i ride my moose to the emergency room igloo to have my feels checked out for free because he broke them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll