Page 175 of 310 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 185 225 275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    another loss. i guess anything can happen but wonder if any big names will get moved before the trade deadline
    Or how much longer Gibby will be directing traffic.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Or how much longer Gibby will be directing traffic.
    I dont think they do it mid-season.

Teams are scouting Stroman because the idea is if/when toronto rebuilds, Stroman will be a UFA when the teams ready to compete again at the earliest (2020). Which would mean Sanchez won't be too far behind him in a trade off (2018?). JB, Estrada, Liriano, Happ (2018 last season of the contract), Donaldson, Pearce, Barney, Smith, Howell, maybe eventually Morales (if he does better) can all be gone this or next yr via trade.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I dont think they do it mid-season.

Teams are scouting Stroman because the idea is if/when toronto rebuilds, Stroman will be a UFA when the teams ready to compete again at the earliest (2020). Which would mean Sanchez won't be too far behind him in a trade off (2018?). JB, Estrada, Liriano, Happ (2018 last season of the contract), Donaldson, Pearce, Barney, Smith, Howell, maybe eventually Morales (if he does better) can all be gone this or next yr via trade.

Wow, big shake up if even half of these guys get moved! Braves will take Stroman!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Wow, big shake up if even half of these guys get moved! Braves will take Stroman!
    Crazy to think that left standing as Jays by 2019 could be Stroman/Sanchez (I dont think they keep both), Osuna (he's even had trade rumours!), Goins, Travis, and maybe Tulo and Martin (or at least their pay cheques).

Dobber Sports Monster

1. Fire Gibby
    2. Keep Stroman
    3. Keep Sanchez
    4. Don't move any of your good prospects
    5. Trade Bautista (if they can)
    6. Trade for Mike Trout .... er i mean that good guy on the angels
    7. Trade for Bryce Harper

6 and 7 aren't likely but i can wish right ... lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    1. Fire Gibby
    2. Keep Stroman
    3. Keep Sanchez
    4. Don't move any of your good prospects
    5. Trade Bautista (if they can)
    6. Trade for Mike Trout .... er i mean that good guy on the angels
    7. Trade for Bryce Harper

6 and 7 aren't likely but i can wish right ... lol
    AS much as i love Stroman, he's a 3rd arm in a rotation. But is haul in a trade would be REALLLLYYY good right now. Sanchez is the guy that you wanna keep, but his agent is a dick and it'll be hard to keep him under a good contract.

Dobber Sports Monster

would we be moving stroman for a hitter? or another pitcher. any names being thrown around thus far

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd love to see them get rid of Martin and Tulo.

Both have been huge disappointments since coming over... those guys are getting paid way too much $ to only contribute defensively and be good "locker room" guys

They have to keep Osuna. He's the only untouchable in my eyes. Ideal to see them keep Stro/Sanchez/JD but I don't see it happening, especially the latter.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'd love to see them get rid of Martin and Tulo.

Both have been huge disappointments since coming over... those guys are getting paid way too much $ to only contribute defensively and be good "locker room" guys

They have to keep Osuna. He's the only untouchable in my eyes. Ideal to see them keep Stro/Sanchez/JD but I don't see it happening, especially the latter.
    It's about return tho. Osuna is a closer, that's it. He's said he can't be a starter because he'd get bored not pitching daily. He's good, but how long do closers hold elite status? Typically not very long. So yes he's young and already a top closer, but that's what other teams are thinking too. His price tag could be huge, especially with tons of yrs left on team control. Andrew Miller got one of the best OF prospects, and like 3 other mlb top 100 prospects. For Miller (DOMINATE LHP) and his 1.5yrs of control. Osuna would start around that price. Same thinking goes with Stroman and Sanchez.

It's all about what someone is willing to pay. And I don't think Jays will shop these guys, but teams will call about them. And in baseball they just want prospects, they don't care the position (Pitching/Hitting).

Dobber Sports Immortal

It's about return tho. Osuna is a closer, that's it. He's said he can't be a starter because he'd get bored not pitching daily. He's good, but how long do closers hold elite status? Typically not very long. So yes he's young and already a top closer, but that's what other teams are thinking too. His price tag could be huge, especially with tons of yrs left on team control. Andrew Miller got one of the best OF prospects, and like 3 other mlb top 100 prospects. For Miller (DOMINATE LHP) and his 1.5yrs of control. Osuna would start around that price. Same thinking goes with Stroman and Sanchez.

It's all about what someone is willing to pay. And I don't think Jays will shop these guys, but teams will call about them. And in baseball they just want prospects, they don't care the position (Pitching/Hitting).
    I just think they're too close and too profitable right now to sell. As you said earlier, a lot of the guys can still be dealt next year...and while they can probably get more return now...I feel like they're going to holding off until next year.

Dobber Sports Titan

I also forgot about Loup. LHP who's done well. Would get a decent return.

Shipiaro did sell off Colon and Tim Drew at the same time to the Expos when Cleveland was on the down turn of a good few yrs, but all were older players. He blew it up HUGE. He didn't half-butt the rebuild, he didn't retool, he sold off and started the rebuild.

It's going to be a tough pill to swallow for us as we've been "spoiled" the last 2 yrs, but it's happening and it'll happen quickly. But the good thing is Jays tickets will be cheap and the freebees can be had at the gate and you don't have to lineup at 9am for them

Dobber Sports Immortal

Report out there that the Cardinals are interested in Donaldson.....but I mean if they are sellers...who wouldn't be interested in him??

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Report out there that the Cardinals are interested in Donaldson.....but I mean if they are sellers...who wouldn't be interested in him??
    So Adam Eaton went for a ridiculous return (2 top 10 MLB pitching prospects + another) but Eaton was on a great contract. What would Donaldson bring? The convo starts at Reyes (RHP, their top prospect and No9 in MLB, TJS this yr tho), and would be nice to get Weaver too (their 2nd prospect and No56 in MLB).

The Jays have Vlad Guerrero Jr for their future 3B but he's in Single A so at best he's 2019 ready. Alford, Bichette, Urena, Tellez too. Warmoth and Pearson (2017 drafted players) are AT THE VERY LEAST 3yrs away. I think it's time to just start selling. I hate to say it but.....they gotta.

Dobber Sports Immortal

So Adam Eaton went for a ridiculous return (2 top 10 MLB pitching prospects + another) but Eaton was on a great contract. What would Donaldson bring? The convo starts at Reyes (RHP, their top prospect and No9 in MLB, TJS this yr tho), and would be nice to get Weaver too (their 2nd prospect and No56 in MLB).

The Jays have Vlad Guerrero Jr for their future 3B but he's in Single A so at best he's 2019 ready. Alford, Bichette, Urena, Tellez too. Warmoth and Pearson (2017 drafted players) are AT THE VERY LEAST 3yrs away. I think it's time to just start selling. I hate to say it but.....they gotta.
    I agree. And I would be excited for them to do it! Not like the two decades in between playoff berths where they just kinda hung out in the middle and never tried to sell off whatever assets they had at a good time.

Dobber Sports Monster

we got one in new york today. i guess any win at this point is a huge positive. still eager to see who gets traded and if the coach gets fired