Page 164 of 310 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

so you guys don't think either will accept the offers?

Dobber Sports Deity

I think they will honestly try and sign both of them and probably fail. I'd love to see Edwing return and hope it happens. He's worth the investment. Bautista, even though he's been the face of the franchise for years, won't be as big of a loss.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

So after some push from Toronto with a contract extension, there’s no surprise we woke up today without a signed Edwin. It would be poor “resource” use if Edwin signed with Toronto without seeing what other teams are offering. He’s 34 in January, so this is likely his last big contract, he may get like a bench player contract after it, so no surprise he wants to get paid (finally).

My issue with Toronto right now is it looks like they won’t be using their free cash (Dickey, JB, and EE’s salary) to add in free agency if they don’t sign EE or JB. Which is really annoying for next yr, but with Machado, Donaldson, Gordon, Iglesias, Harper, McCuthchen, Pollock, Brantley, Adam Jones, Kershaw, Matt Harvey, Keuchel, Shelby Miller, Garrett Richards, Kimbrel, and Andrew Miller all FA NEXT off-season, maybe they just wanna save their money for that yr.

But I would love to see Toronto go for Fowler and make him CF, push Pillar to either LF or honestly see if you can trade him. He can’t hit, and I’m really skeptical at how his D is going to play out when he losses a step. He’s like the only CF that makes highlight reel plays every day, um, why? He can’t be taking the best route, and the best jumps (off the bat) every play. It also doesn’t help he’s covering more of RF than he should with JB not being able to cover it all. Have Pillar/Carrera-Fowler-Upton would be really useful. Fowler a lead off, who hits the opposite way as every other jay is exactly what the Jays need. All 4 can play all 4 positions. You go out and get a few BP arms like Feliz, Melancon, and Zeigler and I’d be ecstatic. Feliz a fire arm who is great in the BP but can’t start. Melancon a great closer who could split with Osuna or go to setup role, and Zeigler one of the best Ground ball BP arms in the game. With Toronto’s infield, he’s a great 7th inning guy who can move all the way to closer if need be.

Collebello at 1B platoon with Smoak isn’t good, but if you lose Edwin at least Toronto has options. Maybe even trade a starter for a 1B like Votto. I’d be upset, but if they trade Stroman while his name weight is higher than his talent level it could help out a lot. He seem s to now be that really good 4th, or an ok 3rd.

Some of what I’ve said is going to make ppl upset (trading crowd favourites like Pillar and Stroman) so I get if it would never be done.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So after some push from Toronto with a contract extension, there’s no surprise we woke up today without a signed Edwin. It would be poor “resource” use if Edwin signed with Toronto without seeing what other teams are offering. He’s 34 in January, so this is likely his last big contract, he may get like a bench player contract after it, so no surprise he wants to get paid (finally).

My issue with Toronto right now is it looks like they won’t be using their free cash (Dickey, JB, and EE’s salary) to add in free agency if they don’t sign EE or JB. Which is really annoying for next yr, but with Machado, Donaldson, Gordon, Iglesias, Harper, McCuthchen, Pollock, Brantley, Adam Jones, Kershaw, Matt Harvey, Keuchel, Shelby Miller, Garrett Richards, Kimbrel, and Andrew Miller all FA NEXT off-season, maybe they just wanna save their money for that yr.

But I would love to see Toronto go for Fowler and make him CF, push Pillar to either LF or honestly see if you can trade him. He can’t hit, and I’m really skeptical at how his D is going to play out when he losses a step. He’s like the only CF that makes highlight reel plays every day, um, why? He can’t be taking the best route, and the best jumps (off the bat) every play. It also doesn’t help he’s covering more of RF than he should with JB not being able to cover it all. Have Pillar/Carrera-Fowler-Upton would be really useful. Fowler a lead off, who hits the opposite way as every other jay is exactly what the Jays need. All 4 can play all 4 positions. You go out and get a few BP arms like Feliz, Melancon, and Zeigler and I’d be ecstatic. Feliz a fire arm who is great in the BP but can’t start. Melancon a great closer who could split with Osuna or go to setup role, and Zeigler one of the best Ground ball BP arms in the game. With Toronto’s infield, he’s a great 7th inning guy who can move all the way to closer if need be.

Collebello at 1B platoon with Smoak isn’t good, but if you lose Edwin at least Toronto has options. Maybe even trade a starter for a 1B like Votto. I’d be upset, but if they trade Stroman while his name weight is higher than his talent level it could help out a lot. He seem s to now be that really good 4th, or an ok 3rd.

Some of what I’ve said is going to make ppl upset (trading crowd favourites like Pillar and Stroman) so I get if it would never be done.

I don't like the idea of the Jays going out and spending big on FA's this season. Although, EE is the exception here. I just don't see the Jaysxbeing able to match what the Rangers or Yanks are going to give him. I do agree that fowler would be a welcome addition. If they decide to go the trade route, I would expect them to try and swing a deal similar to that of Lirianos (player+prospect for financial relief).

It's funny you mention trading Stroman because I think I would move him as well if I could get a nice bat in return. Estrada would also be someone I'd welcome to trade. Fangraphs has mentioned a few times that the Cubs may be looking to move Schwarber in exchange for a young controllable arm. If this pipe dream could be a reality, sign me up.

I'm really excited to see how the front office will infuriate the fan base and improve the franchise this season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Honestly, I think I'd rather have Josh Reddick come in as a FA replacement RF over Bautista.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

A like 3mill Upton is likely to be used over a FA option in RF unless it’s like a late FA signing for a guy that hasn’t found a home.

But I agree, depending on the price, JB should be gone. Time for the front office to turn away from the old and head for the new.

So FA technically starts today, but the deadline to accept/reject QO is Nov14th (Monday). Mid-Feb is the start of Spring Training, and the 2017 World Baseball Classic in Tokyo and South Korea start March 7th. Hectic couple of months coming up. And Josh Donaldson and bautista have already started their off-season training yesterday. Crazy to think how much baseball takes up these guys yr. Not like Hockey where even the team that wins the Cup gets a month off before training usually starts, or even when FA starts.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Jose!

Who's excited?

- - - Updated - - -

The Jose!

Who's excited?

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think anything is signed yet but it sounds like they are close. I wont say I am excited but considering what else is out there, he's probably the best option. They are saying 2yrs, 18-20M per.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think anything is signed yet but it sounds like they are close. I wont say I am excited but considering what else is out there, he's probably the best option. They are saying 2yrs, 18-20M per.
    Reported to be 35-40mill, mutual option the second yr.

The reaction of Stroman and Pillar makes me like the idea of him coming back more, but I?m split on this. I read an article showing even on a down yr, he out hit some of the top players this yr. So if he can stay relatively healthy, and it?s not like the Jays are that much less offensive, he can do well.

If the contract is all bonus laced, I?m happy with it. But at that dollar, the Jays still need a backup catcher, LHP, and bullpen help.

Dobber Sports Deity

Back up catcher won't be a big issue or big dollars. The bullpen is definitely a concern (has been for ages now), especially a Lefty but there are still plenty of FA's out there to fill those roles. Probably not great ones but still options out there for them to fill the holes.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/...57760737771526

#BlueJays have agreed to sign RHP Mat Latos per sources
    Long relief from the pen I assume.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/832257760737771526

#BlueJays have agreed to sign RHP Mat Latos per sources

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. I would guess long relief too. Had a couple strong years early on but has really struggled the past few.

Dobber Sports Deity

Apparently is a minor league deal with the ole invite. Considering their bullpen, he's going to have to struggle pretty bad in camp to not make the roster I would imagine.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/832280459560230917

John Gibbons says #BlueJays will stretch out Mat Latos as a starter during spring, see where he fits later.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/832280459560230917

John Gibbons says #BlueJays will stretch out Mat Latos as a starter during spring, see where he fits later.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays used like 7 starters last season, and one was 1 game from Hutch. They were crazy healthy at that position and they got very lucky. This helps them with guys who can start if there’s an injury and keeps Biagini in the BP likely.

Morales gets 35+HR if he’s healthy, I’m calling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Jays used like 7 starters last season, and one was 1 game from Hutch. They were crazy healthy at that position and they got very lucky. This helps them with guys who can start if there?s an injury and keeps Biagini in the BP likely.

Morales gets 35+HR if he?s healthy, I?m calling it.