Page 124 of 310 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Yeah, they've been all over talking about his streak through the game.

It's definitely been a solid game to watch though. Lots of strikeouts, some solid hits. I guess they had to make it close to make it even more exciting, right?
    I agree it has been a game that has had lots to like. I would prefer the easy win at this point, but a close game does add some nice intrigue.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Sigh...
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tim and Sid's Instagram account posted that stupid Morpheus picture saying "Did you know Estrada could win AL Cy Young".

4-0 lead gone......

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Tim and Sid's Instagram account posted that stupid Morpheus picture saying "Did you know Estrada could win AL Cy Young".

4-0 lead gone......
    Did they know the baseball gods strike down those who celebrate too early? Apparently not.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Every time I start thinking our bullpen has hit rock bottom this season they always find ways to surprise me...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Every time I start thinking our bullpen has hit rock bottom this season they always find ways to surprise me...
    Again, baseball gods smiting you when you think you have suffered enough, and deserve a respite.

Dobber Sports Titan

Live feed of the Jays BP
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you could have found a bigger fire than that

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think you could have found a bigger fire than that
    Is this better?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Shaky outing for Osuna.

Figured the way today was going for Toronto people this was gonna end up 6-5

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Is this better?
    Is poop worse than fire?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Shaky outing for Osuna.

Figured the way today was going for Toronto people this was gonna end up 6-5
    Yeah, a few nerves there, but I'll take it. Osuna can't be perfect every time out. If he can still lock down his bad outings, then that's great.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wow, What a weekend of Jays baseball. I know we were all distracted by free agency on Monday but that Canada Day game was epic too bad they couldn't have found a way to win it in the 11th, or 13th or 14th, or 16th etc. etc. Thursday game was a tough loss and then Friday all the pitchers looked great (including Goins!). Pretty brutal to throw Encarnacion out of the game when the call was brutal and he didn't really overreact. Also sounds like he's going to take a 1-game suspension for bumping the umpire which sucks. Luckily the game got me out of an afternoon of yard work.

Great to battle back and get a win Saturday, and then blow the whole thing up Sunday. Lost in the 17 runs was the fact that Happ (our #5 to start the season) was absolutely dealing yesterday. I loved the irony that the Indians were forced to use a positional player for pitching yesterday after the Jays had to do it on Friday. Jays are currently 3.5 back of the Orioles and tied for the 2nd wildcard, if the bats can stay steady once Bautista gets back I like their chances of running down the Os in the 2nd half.

Haven't seen much on the ASG but I have to think that Encarnacion, Donaldson, Pillar, Estrada should all have a shot to make the game (though none as starters likely).
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I was really disappointed in how they handled that extra inning game. They basically conceded.

I know Barney and Goins both did ok, but why in the world wouldn't Dickey come into that game?!
    That should be one of the benefits for carrying an overpaid, and overage knuckle-baller on the staff (along with the dead weight that comes with him... yes I'm looking right at you, Thole) - Dickey doesn't need traditional rest. He's a perfect emergency innings eater.
    He lobs up floaters, throwing maybe 20 "fast" balls per start. I just can't fathom them throwing away that game with Dickey not even a consideration to come in.

And if Estrada was 100% healthy, he should have been coming in too, if needed.
    Dickey had just pitched the day before, and even a knuckleballer can't be asked to come in two days in a row.
    I do agree with your point that pulling in the next day's starter should be what happens there, then you call up a AAA guy to spot start for the next game.
    Goins was a pitcher in highschool though, so I can see how that made sense.

Dobber Sports Titan

While I wouldn’t put in Dickey, I would have gone Happ. The Indians put their next days starter in, so you can as well. But whatever, Gibbons wasn’t in to make any of the calls.

The ump was terrible that game.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yeah, I realize Dickey had pitched the day before, but I don't buy that notion of him not being available.
    When they were on the verge elimination last year, he said himself he would be available if they needed him (on no rest).
    The day after is better than the 2nd day after anyway. That 2nd day after is when soreness and stiffness sets in (not that Dickey should have much... he doesn't throw hard enough, imo, to be experiencing arm pain.)
    For a game in early July, I am not putting in anyone on rest that short, knuckleballer or not. Playoffs are a much different matter, and if you think that Dickey doesn't get sore after starts, I would love to hear what kind of knucleball pitching experience you have.