Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Schneider for Lundqvist? Rep

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Schneider for Lundqvist? Rep

Keep Schneider. It fits a lot better with your window. If you aren't contending now, and you're waiting for guys like Drouin, Kuz, Toffoli, etc to breakout and really help you, why not do the same with Schneider? Worst thing would be having a very solid core of forwards in their prime and a goalie that might be injury prone or a shell of his former self. Schneider is the safer pick and that's without even bringing up the obvious cap advantage.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks for the replies folks. I am hitting rep where I can. It will take me a couple of days to get everyone. I appreciate the feedback.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

I would stand pat and keep Schneider.

Dobber Sports Ace

Lundqvist for me all day
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is....weird. Explain?

I personally don't have an opinion either way. I think they could have pretty similar numbers TBH, I think Lundqvist might get a lighter workload with Cam Talbot showing he can hold his own in the net.
    lundqvist has been the best goalie in the league overall for the past few seasons. even this past season, when he started off terribly, he turned it all around in the playoffs. he's one of those goalies that will be really good until the very end. when he's 38, he'll be what marty brodeur was at 38, taking his team to the stanley cup.
    schneider is good, but not great, and plays for an absolutely horrible team with absolutely no future. by the time he's 34, he'll be at best what ryan miller is now at 34.
    who would you rather have - brodeur at 38 or miller at 34?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Broduer at 36, 37, and 39 was terrible. So I guess my answer would be never. The cup run was an outlier in a string of really bad seasons for Broduer

Dobber Sports Star

Ok thanks folks. I think I have hit the people in this thread with some rep. Let me know if I missed you. Thanks again.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

Schneider. He had like a 1.97Gaa last yr when starting 40ish games. Even if he starts 60 games he’ll have a ridiculous GAA. Get a goalie that’s win heavy (Crawford) and he’ll balance out those stats. Schneider may be older, but he’s “young in saves”. He’s had a very work light career until like 4 yrs ago. I’d say his working age is in the early 20s rather than late 20s just based on his late starting career.

3800 saves in his career vs Lundqvist 16,000 career saves. Even if Schneider see’s 1,500 saves in the next 4 yrs and Lundqvist retires now, he’ll still be over 6,000 saves shy.

And if the GM can’t trade Lundqvist in the next 2 months, his asking price will drop. He came to you remember, you don’t have to move Schneider; he’s the one in a vise. Just like any an NHL GM, he’s the one with a player every GM knows has to be moved, so that’s why all the offers are so low. If you’re lucky you could be like NJ getting Schneider, or Florida getting Luongo, just wait and you could steal Lundqvist.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    And if the GM can’t trade Lundqvist in the next 2 months, his asking price will drop. He came to you remember, you don’t have to move Schneider; he’s the one in a vise. Just like any an NHL GM, he’s the one with a player every GM knows has to be moved, so that’s why all the offers are so low. If you’re lucky you could be like NJ getting Schneider, or Florida getting Luongo, just wait and you could steal Lundqvist.
    Agreed. If he ends up moving him to someone else it's no biggie as you still have Schneider (which is good for all the previous mentioned reasons) and if he doesn't, he'll have to drop his asking price.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by non-profit spy View Post
    Agreed. If he ends up moving him to someone else it's no biggie as you still have Schneider (which is good for all the previous mentioned reasons) and if he doesn't, he'll have to drop his asking price.
    That or you can raise your asking price. If he's in cap hell, now's the time to use your cap space to your advantage. I'd be asking for Lundqvist + to take on the salary, especially once you take into consideration the age difference.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."