Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Barkov or Nichushkin ?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Barkov or Nichushkin ?

Nichuskin for me, but I'm not much of a fan of Barkov, so there's that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Also, I know he doesn't know anything about hockey, but some Jaromir Jagr guy said Nichushkin is "going to be the best in the world one day."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Also, I know he doesn't know anything about hockey, but some Jaromir Jagr guy said Nichushkin is "going to be the best in the world one day."
    Close....he said he "could" be the best in the world someday....but I still like it! He also compared him to the likes of Malkin and Kovalchuk....and how his skating/puck control/size vs his age was world class. I know the whole Benn/Seguin line sure helps, but you can't hide talent. I find people are awful critical considering he is only still a kid. Same goes for Barkov.....but he doesn't have the line mates to help him shine early on.....he will have to do it on his own...along with Huberdeau of course....but I feel high point totals might take awhile. I like both and it's going to be a very difficult decision between the two. I think I can keep one and draft the other one back....it might take a early pick, but probably worth it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    And Wayne Gretzky coached the Coyotes into the ground. Sometimes the best players in the world are not always the best at being scouts or coaches. I am a Nichuskin fan, but I don't put too much stock into stuff like quotes from players etc.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jake44 View Post
    Close....he said he "could" be the best in the world someday....but I still like it! He also compared him to the likes of Malkin and Kovalchuk....and how his skating/puck control/size vs his age was world class. I know the whole Benn/Seguin line sure helps, but you can't hide talent. I find people are awful critical considering he is only still a kid. Same goes for Barkov.....but he doesn't have the line mates to help him shine early on.....he will have to do it on his own...along with Huberdeau of course....but I feel high point totals might take awhile. I like both and it's going to be a very difficult decision between the two. I think I can keep one and draft the other one back....it might take a early pick, but probably worth it.
    Here's a link and direct quote.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ie-nichushkin/

“Maybe it was his best three games I watched, but I said, ‘This guy is going to be the best in the world one day,’” Jagr said.

Jagr said Nichushkin is the one rookie that has impressed him the most this season. He also says he’s never seen an 18-year-old physically dominate in games the way Nichushkin did in the games he watched.
    It was probably over embellished, but it's still a fun thing to keep in mind I event heard anyone in the world ever say that about Barkov, let alone one of the best players in NHL history!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Agree on the Jagr quote, it's given too much stock as being "telling".
    They are the same size, Eastern Europeans that got drafted a few spots later than they should.