Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 4

Default Re: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 4

Actually my team has been "struggling" for wins at 85pts/game all season. Due more to Matt Ryan's middling play than a tight end traded - not to mention one really bad bye week conflict.

If this were a PPR you'd have a more valid basis to hate on that trade. Of course, it never would have transpired in a ppr league so that's kinda moot. Of the six games I started The Jimmy, he performed below his projected totals three times. Compare projected points/actual points: 11/8, 11/23, 11/5, 11/12, 12/3, and 12/14.

Outside of week two not really huge numbers certainly not insurmountable
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Actually my team has been "struggling" for wins at 85pts/game all season. Due more to Matt Ryan's middling play than a tight end traded - not to mention one really bad bye week conflict.

If this were a PPR you'd have a more valid basis to hate on that trade. Of course, it never would have transpired in a ppr league so that's kinda moot. Of the six games I started The Jimmy, he performed below his projected totals three times. Compare projected points/actual points: 11/8, 11/23, 11/5, 11/12, 12/3, and 12/14.

Outside of week two not really huge numbers certainly not insurmountable
    And how have Brandon Oliver/Travis Kelce performed for you?

Answer: In three weeks, you've gotten 8.6 points from the two of them combined, as Kelce has spent 2/3 weeks in your lineup and has scored 1.9 and 6.7 points in the other two games you played him, and Oliver has scored a whopping 0.0 points for you as he's been in your lineup 0/3 weeks.

Comparitively, Jimmy has scored 39.2 points in those three weeks. There is a 100% completely valid reason to hate that trade, and I'm sorry, but there's no justifiable reason from any aspect to argue that it was a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    And how have Brandon Oliver/Travis Kelce performed for you?
    I haven't needed Oliver as he's insurance. Kelce played poorly subbing in for injured Allen (who has two fewer TDs than Graham). Not relevant to my point re my record either because I have won the last two weeks.

Which only serves to prove my point that I can move Graham and still win.

EDIT: correction 2 of last 3 weeks
    @SmittysRant

I haven't needed Oliver as he's insurance. Kelce played poorly subbing in for injured Allen (who has two fewer TDs than Graham). Not relevant to my point re my record either because I have won the last two weeks.

Which only serves to prove my point that I can move Graham and still win.
    It does matter. You're trying to argue it wasn't *that bad* of a trade, but that's simply wrong. It was.

It does matter. You're trying to argue it wasn't *that bad* of a trade, but that's simply wrong. It was.
    Not according to my record, it's not.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding my position. The trade was borne of necessity due to bye week complications. I was attempting to fill an active roster spot that would have otherwise been empty (or filled with a scrub). My premise was I could move Jimmy for a sub RB and stream TE's, and still remain competitive. Which held true.

So was it an ideal trade? No. Did I fail in not realizing I would have been unable to use Oliver the week of the trade? Yes.

But my roster is deeper for it and I lost little if any overall weekly production - performing similarly as I did prior to the trade.

In a redraft non-ppr league I make moves like that since it's all or nothing. In a ppr league I would not have, and in a dynasty league the proposition never would have been offered.

You may not like my rationale. That's fine, but my original premise holds true - I am not losing games or overall production due to the trade.
    @SmittysRant

Not according to my record, it's not.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding my position. The trade was borne of necessity due to bye week complications. I was attempting to fill an active roster spot that would have otherwise been empty (or filled with a scrub). My premise was I could move Jimmy for a sub RB and stream TE's, and still remain competitive. Which held true.

So was it an ideal trade? No. Did I fail in not realizing I would have been unable to use Oliver the week of the trade? Yes.

But my roster is deeper for it and I lost little if any overall weekly production - performing similarly as I did prior to the trade.

In a redraft non-ppr league I make moves like that since it's all or nothing. In a ppr league I would not have, and in a dynasty league the proposition never would have been offered.

You may not like my rationale. That's fine, but my original premise holds true - I am not losing games or overall production due to the trade.
    I'm not specifically trying to pick an argument, or come off like a douche, but in reality, the only thing that matters in non-keeper leagues is playoffs. And what you did do is weaken your team and lose production in the most critical time of the season, when you're most likely to face the highest scoring teams. So while your W-L record has not noticed a difference because of the trade, your overall production has dropped by a weekly average 10.2 points. And, it's more likely that those 10.2 points per week will cost you more playoff games than your depth (likely to be sitting on the bench) will win you.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Almost Thanksgiving boys!
    Everybody has opinions on that trade... myself too...
    It's been a great season in that league though and still an interesting week to play!

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you all enjoy some football!

I'm not specifically trying to pick an argument, or come off like a douche, but in reality, the only thing that matters in non-keeper leagues is playoffs. And what you did do is weaken your team and lose production in the most critical time of the season, when you're most likely to face the highest scoring teams. So while your W-L record has not noticed a difference because of the trade, your overall production has dropped by a weekly average 10.2 points. And, it's more likely that those 10.2 points per week will cost you more playoff games than your depth (likely to be sitting on the bench) will win you.
    No worries, I enjoy a debate. Nothing personal...

I agree (above), but Allen was my preferred starter not Kelce. So that drop in production...well, I couldn't have anticipated his injury. And Matthews is hurt again and questionable so oliver was a good insurance grab.

It wasn't meant to be a value-based trade, it was more purpose driven. I will admit I pray Allen returns along with his red zone production. ...the Chiefs offense is growing even more conservative than usual, and now they face the Seahawks. That could a be a pisser...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks P7. Happy Turkey day to everyone (even you nucks

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Thanks P7. Happy Turkey day to everyone (even you nucks
    Traditionally 'Turkey Day' falls on game seven of the stanley cup finals for the 'Nucks'...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Traditionally 'Turkey Day' falls on game seven of the stanley cup finals for the 'Nucks'...
    Ayo

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I lost by 0.26 this week. Shoot me now.
    Oh man, I didn't know that was you Axe! Now I feel...nope, I still feel ELATED!!!!!! OH FACK YAAAAAAA! That one went right down to the wire, didn't it!? I was up, I was down. It was in the bag, then I thought I was done for when that little Ravens RB dude ran in for his second TD! Damn exciting, but I'll tell you, it's much better being on this side. I can't remember if it's this league or my other league, but over the span of three weeks, I lost all three by less than 2 points combined! Such is fantasy football. Best of luck the rest of the way man! Seriously.

Dobber Sports Master

Last year I lost to Zorro by 0.02... of course I won the league, so who cares!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

GG Tom C!

Who needs Graham!? See you guys in Week 15! GL to all the teams in the first round!

Dobber Sports Master

Man... so basically to have any chance I need a QB to put up almost 40pts. Where the hell do I find one of those?

*Looks at bench* - Ah, yes, Fitzpatrick. Son of a....
    /S

Victoria DH