Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    That's more luck than anything. Hardly any injuries will do that.
    Yeah, but often you make your own luck. Kudos newf! Oh yeah, and that's a great strategy you have there regarding the waiver wire claims. I've gotta keep that in mind.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't really think Peterson is going to be useful this year. Peterson has been getting paid all season on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List - not suspended. When have we ever known the NFL (Goodell) to just say "oh ok you plead no-contest(guilty) we'll just pretend all the games you missed counts as your suspension"? If we go by the domestic abuse policy a first time offender gets 6 games which puts us in week 17 after the fantasy season is over.

I could definitely be wrong because who knows what the NFL is going to do. Definitely worth a pickup but I wouldn't count on him being there for you.

Hey P7 if we used blind bid waivers instead of worst to first priority you would have had a shot at him. Just sayin'

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Hey P7 if we used blind bid waivers instead of worst to first priority you would have had a shot at him. Just sayin'
    Didn't we already have this discussion?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Last week, my players = 0 TD.
    This week, my players = 8 TD.
    My players were so good... that I don't even have to jest with horrorfan that he sent me "damaged goods" with Carson "ACL-Tear" Palmer.
    (ps. Sorry zorro - your team appears to be in grave danger?! Eek.)

Question of the Day: Guess who knows what he's doing with his #1 waiver claim?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Last week, my players = 0 TD.
    This week, my players = 8 TD.
    My players were so good... that I don't even have to jest with horrorfan that he sent me "damaged goods" with Carson "ACL-Tear" Palmer.
    (ps. Sorry zorro - your team appears to be in grave danger?! Eek.)

Question of the Day: Guess who knows what he's doing with his #1 waiver claim?
    Yeah that sucks about Palmer, but at least you got the win and Rivers back next week.

Colston produced pretty much the same value as an injured player, like most of my squad. Only 1 TD and it was by Cutler, who didn't do much better than an injured Palmer. Like you said on my matchup, McCoy needs around 90 yards and 2 TDs to pull out a win in this battle of lesser-lights. What a dud of a week, at the worst possible time. If I lose, pretty safe bet than I'm out of the playoffs. But a win, and I'm still right there as all the 5-4 teams will have likely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yeah that sucks about Palmer, but at least you got the win and Rivers back next week.

Colston produced pretty much the same value as an injured player, like most of my squad. Only 1 TD and it was by Cutler, who didn't do much better than an injured Palmer. Like you said on my matchup, McCoy needs around 90 yards and 2 TDs to pull out a win in this battle of lesser-lights. What a dud of a week, at the worst possible time. If I lose, pretty safe bet than I'm out of the playoffs. But a win, and I'm still right there as all the 5-4 teams will have likely lost.
    I always enjoy a good pillow fight! If I can sneak out win here and stay in contention, I'll be able to reinforce my troops with Gordon's return. Here's hopin'....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I always enjoy a good pillow fight! If I can sneak out win here and stay in contention, I'll be able to reinforce my troops with Gordon's return. Here's hopin'....
    The fantasy football gods are going to give McCoy a big night.
    That gift you sent Pricer is probably going to result in a loss for Full Montee this week (who has a good team, and bad luck).
    If you'da kept Graham, you'da been a slam-dunk sure-fire deserved winner this week.
    Kelce, meh.

I love ya man... I really do... but I'm rootin for the fantasy gods to lend some help to Full Montee & Carn O'Sproles tonight!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The fantasy football gods are going to give McCoy a big night.
    That gift you sent Pricer is probably going to result in a loss for Full Montee this week (who has a good team, and bad luck).
    If you'da kept Graham, you'da been a slam-dunk sure-fire deserved winner this week.
    Kelce, meh.

I love ya man... I really do... but I'm rootin for the fantasy gods to lend some help to Full Montee & Carn O'Sproles tonight!
    Thanks man! In another league, I need Shady to outscore Cam head-to-head. Currently, we're both at 102.5 points (and whoever loses will be the second highest scvore of the week )

On another note. How about that Aaron Rodgers dude.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    On another note. How about that Aaron Rodgers dude.
    Rodgers is a boss!
    And I got a good piece of that with Jordy Nelson!!!

Congrats on the win this week... a big one for the BadonkaGronk!!!

The Wolverine

12 carries for 19 yards for McCoy. 19! Oh and a score - whoopdee doo!

Pish. Definition: Carnival of Sproles

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

GG Full Montee! I was sweatin' last night.

Dobber Sports Deity

I cant believe I am still winning with the riff-raff I seem to start ever week. somehow I am 5-5.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    12 carries for 19 yards for McCoy. 19! Oh and a score - whoopdee doo!
    In my other league, I drafted second overall and debated taking McCoy or Forte and the fact that I own him in this league swayed me into taking Forte. A couple of guys showed some surprise that I didn't take McCoy (it's a PPR league). Thankfully, this has worked out for me so far, although I am only 6-4.

Dobber Sports Guru

Big battle for the second seed. Just 0.3 points between second and third place.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Big battle for the second seed. Just 0.3 points between second and third place.
    And you guys meet in the final regular season week 13!
    That will be a huge match!!! (Probably for that prime #2 slot, with a first round BYE)