Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Grats Axeman! What can you do though when the number 1 overall pick goes down in the first drive of the game?

Since I'm here, how about another mini rant on how terrible priority waiver systems are... Pretty cool to lose the number 1 overall pick and have ZERO chance at getting Knile Davis during the waiver process. If there were blind bid waivers then I could blow my entire free agent budget and at least have a shot at getting him. In fact I wasn't able to get any of my top 3 choices. Instead I'm left sifting through the dregs to find a replacement.

If we had a flex position it wouldn't sting as bad but, alas, we have none of those either.

Tough break on Charles.
    We are all playing with the same rules though.
    And this league has had the same rules since our inception.
    All the returning GMs are familar with this rule set... wouldn't necessarily be fair to propose and start discussing new rules a couple weeks before the draft date.
    And you and I have talked about this by PM - so no need to rant publicly any more.
    We can discuss new rule modifications next year... as long as we do it a month out from the draft.

A tip:
    #1 Running Backs... sometimes it makes more sense to use your last bench slots on their handcuff... instead of Isaiah Crowell or Cody Latimer.

Dobber Sports Master

I still have no idea if my team was unlucky week 1 or lucky in week 2... just too many guys that I don't feel confident in so far.

Kinda sucks when you have no idea whether or not your team good or garbage.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Looks like Charles is back at practice...good news there!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Looks like Charles is back at practice...good news there!
    I danced a little jig when I heard this.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Grats Axeman! What can you do though when the number 1 overall pick goes down in the first drive of the game?

Since I'm here, how about another mini rant on how terrible priority waiver systems are... Pretty cool to lose the number 1 overall pick and have ZERO chance at getting Knile Davis during the waiver process. If there were blind bid waivers then I could blow my entire free agent budget and at least have a shot at getting him. In fact I wasn't able to get any of my top 3 choices. Instead I'm left sifting through the dregs to find a replacement.

If we had a flex position it wouldn't sting as bad but, alas, we have none of those either.
    Might I suggest that not handcuffing was your own fault, and therefore you not having Knile Davis was your own fault and has nothing to do with the waiver system?

Dobber Sports Deity

Just like the Jeffersons, after this week I'm movin' on up!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Peng we're really in backwards places this season. Me, long being the proponent of waiting on a QB, took Rodgers early and just hate it considering he's pooped himself 2 out of 3 weeks, while you, long the proponent that a top 3 QB early is the way to go, waited on one and likely hate it since you cant find anyone to play the position for you. Such backwards! Granted, Rodgers being a baddy didn't hurt me this week and I still walk away with a tidy 2-1 record going into the first heavy bye-week, but damn man.

Also. Torrey Smith is a poop stick, and I dislike him. That is all I have to say about that.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well... I enjoy fantasy football... but of the three fantasy sports I do regularly (Hockey, Baseball, Football)... fantasy football is DEFINITELY the one with the most luck involved.
    I mean, last year Loch won this thing on an auto-draft.
    The Comish, who seems to be one of our sharper drafters, is likely out to an 0-3 start.
    And the team I think I liked the best post-draft, cannon's Full Monte, is seriously struggling and will probably be the lowest pointing 1-2 team after this week.

[as a ps. Two years ago I won a fantasy baseball fan with horrorfan on auto-draft... I had the #1 overall pick, it took Trout... and then Chris Davis fell to me in his big HR year. So fantasy baseball is right there. I can say, I've never, ever, ever seen an auto-draft hockey team win a championship. Besides just pure liking Hockey as the. best. sport... it also helps that nobody ever wins a hockey league on auto-draft.]

My team put up 130+pts in week one, but really I needed those distributed a bit more.
    I lost by 10pts last week, with Knowshon (a 10+pt guy) going out on his first touch of the game. (Bad luck)
    If I win that match, I'm 2-0.

Then we've got high draft picks like Charles & AP... talk about bad luck for those teams.
    That's just the worst, losing your #1 RB for the year... and yet, they both seem to be going towards 2-1.

Even being 1-2, I'm pretty happy with my strategy this year.
    I avoided RBs, who are popping up with opportunities everywhere. Good move.
    I passed on Eddie Lacy to take Megatron. Good move.
    I really drafted Julius Thomas at a good place, the #1 overall TE (and 8th among all RB/WR/TE).

Long season, though... and I shall often remind myself how much luck there is in fantasy football.
    Love this group of GMs though, that's the best part, for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

It may be a long season but I find it goes bye quickly. Geez, week 3 is almost in the books already.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League: Season 4

Standings through 4 Weeks, including Yahoo! grades from draft and top 8 players:

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    3-1 (449pts) Zorro's LongSnappers (Zorro) [B+]: Brees(2)/Jennings(4)/T.Rich(6)/B.Marshall(1)/R.White(3)/T.Williams(5)/Bennett(9)/MJD(7)
    3-1 (444pts) Blitz Inc. (KoHolga) [B]: Luck(4)/Marshawn(1)/DeMarco(2)/Harvin(3)/Decker(6)/Watkins(7)/Olsen(5)/Evans(8)
    3-1 (411pts) You Had Me at Helu (Matt Price) [B]: Roeth(8)/J-Charles(1)/C.Johnson(6)/A.Brown(2)/Cobb(3)/E.Sanders(5)/Cameron(4)/R.Wayne(7)
    3-1 (362pts) BadonkaGronk (rataylor22) [C]: Rodgers(2)/Vereen(5)/Rice(6)/J.Jones(1)/Crabtree(3)/T.Smith(4)/-(waivers)/Pierce(7)

2-2 (385pts) Tremendous Kielbasas (Bomm) [B-]: M.Ryan(6)/Bernard(2)/Mathews(3)/A.Johnson(4)/Hunter(7)/Wheaton(8)/Graham(1)/L.Miller(5)
    2-2 (382pts) Orange Julius (Pengwin7) [C]: -(waivers)/Joique Bell(4)/B.Tate(5)/Megatron(1)/J.Nelson(2)/Cordarelle(4)JuliusT(3)/B.Cooks(7)
    2-2 (349pts) Tiggles (Matt's friend Ben) [A]: RGIII(6)/AP(1)/Le'Veon Bell(2)/V.Cruz(3)/Garcon(4)/Floyd(5)/J.Reed(7)/STL-D(8)
    2-2 (325pts) Fighting Newfies (newfcollins) [B]: Romo(4)/Lacy(1)/A.Foster(2)/L-Fitz(3)/Maclin(6)/Boldin(9)/A.Gates(8)/SEA-D(5)
    2-2 (310pts) TDs N Beer (Axeman33) [B]: Newton(4)/Stacy(2)/Spiller(3)/Dez(1)/TY Hilton(5)/Wright(6)/Pitta(8)/P.Thomas(7)
    2-2 (286pts) PPQB [def. champion] (Loch) [A-]: Foles(6)/Ellington(2)/Gore(4)/D.Thomas(1)/V.Jax(3)/LaFell(8)/Witten(5)/CAR-D(7)

1-3 (349pts) Carnival of Sproles (horrorfan) [B]: Cutler(6)/McCoy(1)/Morris(2)/K.Allen(3)/Welker(4)/D.Jax(5)/Rudoplh(7)/KC-D(8)
    1-3 (336pts) Betttman Fumbles (In Penny)[C+]: P.Manning(1)/Sankey(3)/R.Bush(4)/AJ Green(2)/Edelman(5)/Shorts(8)/Kaep(6)/SF-D(7)
    1-3 (301pts) Megatron (cannon) [B+]: Stafford(4)/M.Ball(1)/Gerhart(3)/Colston(5)/M.Wallace(6)/R.Randle(7)/Gronkowski(2)/Rivers(8)
    1-3 (297pts) Frisky Hobbit (The Comish) [B] Brady(5)/Forte(1)/D.Martin(3)/A.Jeffery(2)/G.Tate(6)/R.Cooper(7)/V.Davis(4)/Dalton(8)
    Two trades so far:

Week 2:
    to YMAH: Bernard (CIN - RB)
    to TK: Cobb (GB - WR) & Khiry (NO - RB)

Week 4:
    to Full Montee: B.Cooks (NO - WR)
    to Orange Julius: P.Rivers (SD - QB)

Dobber Sports Deity

I lost this week by 6 miserable points.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Correction.
    You lost by just 3 miserable points... though, in honestly... nobody scoring under 70pts deserves a "W".
    Lucky Newf.

Dobber Sports Deity

Fark, they must have made some changes since this morning when I took a quick glance. Makes me feel even worse.

Dobber Sports Guru

Fark, they must have made some changes since this morning when I took a quick glance. Makes me feel even worse.
    Considering I lost two games last year by less than a point (including one that was a QB INT on the last throw of the game on a Monday night), I can't say I'm sorry for the close win. :-)

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I lost in 3 dynasties by a combined 5.95 points. One by 0.25 because of that last Brady int. Brutal week for year longs but I did really well in dailies this week so can't complain too much