Thread: Brett Ritchie OR Adam Clendening

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Brett Ritchie OR Adam Clendening

Of these two prospects, who do you feel is most likely to reach their potential with their respective clubs/ who do you feel is more valuable long-term? Ive got the last pick in the draft and I feel that these two are the most valuable.

Would very much appreciate any insight you guys have to share!

Thanks.

H2H League (12-teams)
    ---------------------------
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP
    Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.

The Great One

Default Re: Brett Ritchie OR Adam Clendening

For me Clendenning is still a year away but I see Seabrook moving and a space opening up for him (or on a worst case it's Roszival) - I'm a fan but he is a project right now as a lot of blocks have to fall into place for him to get the ice time I think his skill deserves

Dobber Sports Guru

I have both, and I'd take Ritchie. Clendening had to continue to improve defensively. I think Ritchie is gonna be solid--should get a few cups of coffee this season.

Dobber Sports Stud

I absolutely love Brett Ritchie but forced to pick between one or the other I think Clendening is the safer bet. Ritchie is awesome but the injury bug would scare me off in this scenario.

I think Clendening will jump in full time to the Hawks in 2015-2016 and immediately pass a guy like Leddy for PP time.

Gonna throw it out there --> because of the Kane and Toews contracts, Chicago only has about 3.5M in cap room with only 10 Fwds, 3 D and 2 goalies under contract going into 2015-2016. Notable players who need new contracts: Saad, Leddy, Oduya, Kruger, Richards. Pennies will be pinched and Clendening will be on a cheap contract getting big minutes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'll take Clendening. The Hawks management is super high on him, I think there's a chance he sees significant time this season in Chicago.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd take Ritchie. He seems like he could be a good one in the mould of Jamie Benn-light. Clendening has a bunch of dmen in the system to pass. He appears like he'd be the next call-up, but from what I read he's now competing (and legitimately competing) with Stephen Johns and Rundblad (yes, him) unless he can improve defensively. I could be wrong, though.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov