Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Traded Letang

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Traded Letang

Still final stages of a rebuild, trying to build a great team not a good one
    Just traded Letang for the 8th overall this year ( I now have 1,5,8)
    And a first next year, ( I now have three 1st next year, all were teams who didn't make the playoffs last year)
    My team is in the signature, thoughts ? Thanks in advance
    Kucherov , Pastrnak , Guentzel Miller, Rantanen
    Teravainen , Cirelli, Nelson , Konecny

Ekblad, Girard, Pionk, Parayko , Graves

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck , Korpisalo

FARM TEAM --Brannstrom, Drysdale

League Champion-2007-08,2008-09 , 2015-16, 2017-18

Scoring is, G,A,PTS, PPG, PPA, GWG, +/-, SHOTS, GOALIE, W, SAVE %, GAA, SHUTOUT
    12 TEAM H2H, TOTAL KEEPER, NO SALARY CAP.
    ROSTERS-NEED TO START- 6 FOWARDS,4 DEE,2 GOALIES
    6 BENCH PLAYERS.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Traded Letang

You did great with aquiring 2015 1st rd picks from bad teams. You might be able to land Ekblad at #5 to eventually replace Letang for the future. If you're lucky enough to land a top 2 pick next year, along with your 1st overall pick right now, you will be sitting pretty in a few years. Good work!
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Looks like you are well set-up for the end game of the rebuild - here's hoping you get a top 2 pick next year out of those 3 picks. Letang might go on to be a star or he might not - i certainly see how you would do that deal even if you might have hung on for a little more.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man I don't know. Trading Letang for a weakfish 1st rounder (8th overall) and an unknown first rounder, is a pretty risky idea. Letang 'should' have some good years left in him, and I'm not sure I'd want to move him for that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Letang is a tough one to move with all the potential and flashes of greatness, but the injuries really get frustrating. I finally ditched him in another league after 4 years and it's very liberating hahaha. I agree with Doulos you could have gotten more, but ultimately this helps your rebuild in that you get the 8th pick and not having Letang on your roster next season likely puts you one step closer to a top 3 pick.

Dobber Sports Deity

I own Letang in the UHL and I wouldnt trade him for 2 picks/unknowns. You should have been able to get at least one young proven in return along with a top pick.

Major sell low here in my eyes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like this move.

Losing Letang for another shot at the McDavid/Eichel lottery? Yeah, I'd do that deal!

Agree with the above poster that if Ekblad falls to #5 he'd be a fantastic replacement for Letang.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

We are talking about Letang, the guy that had the stroke in the middle of this last season aren't we?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    We are talking about Letang, the guy that had the stroke in the middle of this last season aren't we?
    Yep, and also the same guy who returned before the playoffs and also played in the playoffs.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He is a terrific talent - but one to be concerned about with so much lost time in the last two full seasons of play. In the 12 team league I own him in, I would be lucky to move him for the assets Solario got for him. He may not have got a top prospect for him but he put himself in the McDavid sweepstakes with the 2015 pick which if teams perform they way they did this last season in this league will give him 3 out of the top 4 picks and he got to protect another player because he didn't take on a player. In an obvious rebuild, I think he did fine and as much as we might say you should have got more - we don't know if he could have and I don't think holding him instead of taking that return is a smooth move.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the imput, all points well taken, also I took into consideration that he did break a bone in his hand and his foot after returning
    Kucherov , Pastrnak , Guentzel Miller, Rantanen
    Teravainen , Cirelli, Nelson , Konecny

Ekblad, Girard, Pionk, Parayko , Graves

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck , Korpisalo

FARM TEAM --Brannstrom, Drysdale

League Champion-2007-08,2008-09 , 2015-16, 2017-18

Scoring is, G,A,PTS, PPG, PPA, GWG, +/-, SHOTS, GOALIE, W, SAVE %, GAA, SHUTOUT
    12 TEAM H2H, TOTAL KEEPER, NO SALARY CAP.
    ROSTERS-NEED TO START- 6 FOWARDS,4 DEE,2 GOALIES
    6 BENCH PLAYERS.

Dobber Sports Deity

All I was saying is this is probably the wrong time to move him. It was a classic buy low for some GM in his league.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Not if the guy gave up McDavid it isn't.

Dobber Sports All-Star

It's a fair price for Letang I think and trying to sell high on this guy is tough. If I'm trying to sell Letang, you never know what comes first, his hot-streak or another broken bone / stroke. In this case, the team is currently rebuilding so it would have more value by getting a high 2015 pick than the most injury prone defenceman in the East.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    It's a fair price for Letang I think and trying to sell high on this guy is tough. If I'm trying to sell Letang, you never know what comes first, his hot-streak or another broken bone / stroke. In this case, the team is currently rebuilding so it would have more value by getting a high 2015 pick than the most injury prone defenceman in the East.
    This.

I don't think anyone is gonna pay top dollar on him anymore because of the stroke. At tho point you can either take 75 cents on the dollar, or you can risk him having another issue and retiring altogether. If I'm in a rebuild, I'm not gonna risk losing him for nothing.

A similar situation would be a guy like Harding. Sure he may produce for you when he can suit up, but when he can't keep up anymore and is forced to retire you're out of luck.