Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Re-Signing] Toews and Kane sign 8 year extensions, $10.5 million per year

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Re-Signing] Toews and Kane sign 8 year extensions, $10.5 million per year

Wow....13.8M each next year....I guess that blows out my team for 2015-2016....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Banned

Default Re: [Re-Signing] Toews and Kane sign 8 year extensions, $10.5 million per year

well the actual money is not that important, the Hawks as a franchise have lots to spend so I'm sure that's a distant second in terms of their priorities

from a pure business perspective, these two guys make the franchise extremely profitable because they put them in a position to win every season

the real concern will be how badly it handcuffs them from a cap perspective, if they can continue to pull guys like Richards @ 2mil they're not going to have much trouble with that

Dobber Sports Wizard

Holy crap so happy my league only counts salary and not signing bonus. Kane at 6.8 is still great value compared to 13.8.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Holy crap so happy my league only counts salary and not signing bonus. Kane at 6.8 is still great value compared to 13.8.
    That's a weird setup as signing bonuses are PART of salary. I have no idea why your league would make a difference between them. Also richer teams are using more and more signing bonuses to get players sign as they get that money right on July 1st on the contract year. Bit of an advantage for those teams who have money to pay it upfront. That then will skew player values in your league if you separate signing bonuses from the salary. Like I said, weird setup.

Anyways Toews and Kane broke the bank as was expected. Good for them.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Superstar

Been on vacation for the past week. Self-brag: this was my quote from the previous thread discussing their extensions, conclusion: NAILED IT!

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...-12m-per/page3
    Agreed. It would be dumb for Chicago to sign them to less than max-term (which I recall is 8 years when re-signing with your current team). Toews is 26, Kane is 25, 8 years takes them to 34 and 33 respectively so the end of the prime of their careers. If they sign 8-years at $10 million it will look high the first few years but will be very fair in the middle, and likely a steal, by the end of those 8-years. We see this with every long-term deal for a star who gets "top dollar" the first few years they lead the league in salary by slowly they are passed by more and more players and their hit becomes even better. If Chicago signs them for 5 years at $10++ they'll just have to re-sign them again sooner and since they would be 31 and 30 after 5 years they'll be looking for the same salary, or another raise upon expiry. I'm standing by my prediction of $10.5 per year.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I feel like this setup almost makes Clarkson have huge value.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I feel like this setup almost makes Clarkson have huge value.
    Clarkson is still at 4.75 this year, going up as high as 7 in a few years. So, no value still haha. Unless he gets back to 25-ish goals, then yes very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo
    That's a weird setup as signing bonuses are PART of salary. I have no idea why your league would make a difference between them. Also richer teams are using more and more signing bonuses to get players sign as they get that money right on July 1st on the contract year. Bit of an advantage for those teams who have money to pay it upfront. That then will skew player values in your league if you separate signing bonuses from the salary. Like I said, weird setup.
    Eh, it keeps most players ownable. If we counted both salary and signing bonus, Weber would be a 27 million dollar player for another year. Although now looking on capgeek, it's showing Kane with a 13.8 mil salary, and a 7 mil signing bonus. So yikes if that's the case I'll have to figure something out.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Clarkson is still at 4.75 this year, going up as high as 7 in a few years. So, no value still haha. Unless he gets back to 25-ish goals, then yes very valuable.

Eh, it keeps most players ownable. If we counted both salary and signing bonus, Weber would be a 27 million dollar player for another year. Although now looking on capgeek, it's showing Kane with a 13.8 mil salary, and a 7 mil signing bonus. So yikes if that's the case I'll have to figure something out.
    I think your league is understanding capgeek incorrectly. The website shows the salary as a whole, and the signing bonus. So Kane has a total salary of 13.8 mil, 7 mil of which is in the form of a signing bonus and 6.8 of which is in the form of salary paid through the year. Weber is a total salary of 14 mil, 13 of which is in the form of a signing bonus and 1 of which is in the form of salary paid through the year. Similarly, Clarkson is a total salary of 4.75 mil, 3.75 of which is a signing bonus and 1 of which is salary. Based on your league setup,

Kane should carry a cap hit this season of 6.8 million
    Weber should carry a cap hit this season of 1 million (!!!)
    Clarkson should carry a cap hit this season of 1 million (hence my comment)

Which basically makes Weber probably one of the most valuable players in the league, if you apply your settings as explained.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think your league is understanding capgeek incorrectly. The website shows the salary as a whole, and the signing bonus. So Kane has a total salary of 13.8 mil, 7 mil of which is in the form of a signing bonus and 6.8 of which is in the form of salary paid through the year. Weber is a total salary of 14 mil, 13 of which is in the form of a signing bonus and 1 of which is in the form of salary paid through the year. Similarly, Clarkson is a total salary of 4.75 mil, 3.75 of which is a signing bonus and 1 of which is salary. Based on your league setup,

Kane should carry a cap hit this season of 6.8 million
    Weber should carry a cap hit this season of 1 million (!!!)
    Clarkson should carry a cap hit this season of 1 million (hence my comment)

Which basically makes Weber probably one of the most valuable players in the league, if you apply your settings as explained.
    Yes, that is true. Signing bonus already belongs to the salary you see in Fantrax. Weber hasn't made $27 million in one season ever. The maximum salary (which consists of the actual salary paid during the season AND of the signing bonus paid on July 1st) is around $14 million so that would be impossible.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

, Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    RW-
    D-
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Great One

In my salary cap league, we don't count signing bonuses also, but how they are exactly calculated, is beyond my understanding. For instance, we don't count the bonuses rookies get (like Mackinnon), yet we did count the bonuses that Weber got, and we will count the bonuses Kane and Toews will receive. We basically use whatever capgeek lists as a "salary" and for both Kane and Toews, their salary will be $13.8 mill for the first three years of their new contracts.

I don't know why signing bonuses are listed apart from base salary for some players on capgeek, yet for other players the two are combined. That said, it usually comes down to common sense because in no salary cap league should Weber or Clarkson be making only $1 million because the majority of their salary is apparently a "signing bonus".
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    In my salary cap league, we don't count signing bonuses also, but how they are exactly calculated, is beyond my understanding. For instance, we don't count the bonuses rookies get (like Mackinnon), yet we did count the bonuses that Weber got, and we will count the bonuses Kane and Toews will receive. We basically use whatever capgeek lists as a "salary" and for both Kane and Toews, their salary will be $13.8 mill for the first three years of their new contracts.

I don't know why signing bonuses are listed apart from base salary for some players on capgeek, yet for other players the two are combined. That said, it usually comes down to common sense because in no salary cap league should Weber or Clarkson be making only $1 million because the majority of their salary is apparently a "signing bonus".
    From what you described it's obvious your league does count signing bonuses but doesn't count performance bonuses (which basically only rookies and 35+ year old players are eligible for).
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

, Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    RW-
    D-
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    From what you described it's obvious your league does count signing bonuses but doesn't count performance bonuses (which basically only rookies and 35+ year old players are eligible for).
    ah...the difference between performance and signing bonuses...that makes complete sense
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Different type of bonuses. Rookies can sign contracts that include performance bonuses, but they are only paid if they meet specific goals (i.e. I think one of Hall's was something silly like win the MVP), but they are included in their cap hit because if they hit those goals they are included in their cap number. Only 2 types of players can sign contracts with performance bonuses. Rookies signing ELCs and players signing 35 and over contracts.

Alternatively, everyone outside of those two groups can not sign contracts that have performance bonuses, and as such use signing bonuses. Since these absolutely have to be paid (as opposed to maybe being paid) it is included in their salary.

Dobber Sports Guru

Only 2 types of players can sign contracts with performance bonuses. Rookies signing ELCs and players signing 35 and over contracts.
    There's also third category (which I didn't include in my previous post) but there's not usually many players who meet that criteria. The criteria is:

Players who are "400-plus game Players" for pension purposes, and who: (i) in the last year of their most recent SPC, spent 100 days or more on the Injured Reserve List; and (ii) have signed a one-year SPC for the current or upcoming League Year.
    On top of my head can't think of anyone who would have met that criteria and signed a contract with performance bonuses.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

, Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    RW-
    D-
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

*UHL Champion 2014*

The only guy that comes to mind who would even be eligible for that recently is PMB. Still, thanks for the info