Thread: Keep 6- Unique league format

The Great One

Default Keep 6- Unique league format

Hey guys- need help [picking out 6 keepers from this list. Its weekly changes but there seems to be heavy impetus on D. We start 2C, 3W, 4D, 1G, and 2 flex but the catch is that only one flex position can be filled by a forward. The scoring is also skewed to favor Defensemen a bit more than normal and heavy on goal scoring (for all skaters)- assists worth 2, goals worth 4, and sogs worth an extra point to boot. Here are my options with their respective fpts value for last year in our scoring format:

Nicklas Backstrom (Was)- 435.5
    Jordan Eberle- 405.5
    Jeff Skinner- 466.5
    Johan Franzen- 299
    Marion Gaborik-203
    Ryan Suter-420
    Jack Johnson-351
    Corey Crawford- 520

The goal weighted-ness is pretty heavy. Backstrom takes a big hit- and Skinner who Im not huge on becomes pretty valuable. my other thought is that it becomes very difficult to pass on JJ with that many D-men started every week in an 18 man league.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Keep 6- Unique league format

So you need to drop 2 from that group then?

The Great One

Yea. Ive got time for now- just trying to get a picture moving forward of where to go. Also- you cant trade players for picks and another stipulation is that if you do make a trade at any point- both owners must keep every player involved in the trade as one of their 6 keepers.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jordan Eberle- 405.5

Jeff Skinner- 466.5
    Johan Franzen- 299
    Marion Gaborik-203
    Ryan Suter-420
    Jack Johnson-351

Corey Crawford- 520

I like Gabby in his new situation but his injury risk is just too large. To me this is a pretty easy keep 6 to decide on. Keep both your D given it's an 18 team league and you have quite a bit of emphasis on D starts - having Johnson and Suter is a nice 1-2 punch from the blueline.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

hard to tell without seeing your whole team. but if i had to cut 2 from that list it would be... Franzen and Gaborik for injury concerns mainly.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pens71 View Post
    hard to tell without seeing your whole team. but if i had to cut 2 from that list it would be... Franzen and Gaborik for injury concerns mainly.
    Oh wow- didnt even notice I had Vlasic as well- who is worth 365. Demers too worth 311. Probably not keepers still- but im noticing a lot of value in d-men. It seems to me- youd be running 2 goalies if you could- 6 forwards and 4 d. To me that sais scoring d-men are huge.

Other than that pretty slim pickings- Hodgson, Clarkson, Shaw and Lack...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Both Gaborik and Franzen 'might' outscore Jack Johnson next season, but only if they stay healthy. Neither of those guys inspire confidence in that way. They would both basically have to play 70+ games to be better than Johnson. The thing is Johnson had a bit of a down year as well, and I would expect 5+ more points from him at least next season. It's a close call, but I'd take him.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Jordan Eberle- 405.5

Jeff Skinner- 466.5
    Johan Franzen- 299
    Marion Gaborik-203
    Ryan Suter-420
    Jack Johnson-351

Corey Crawford- 520
    ^I concur with these picks.