Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How is your entry draft shaping up?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default How is your entry draft shaping up?

sentium wrote:
    My league just completed the first round (of five). Like angus\' league, ours includes undrafted guys from previous years.

1. Stamkos
    2. Filatov (me)
    3. Doughty
    4. Brunnstrom
    5. Bogosian
    6. Boedker
    7. Pietrangelo
    8. Beach
    9. Hodgson
    10. Pickard
    11. Wilson
    12. Boychuk

I can imagine a handful of 2008 draftees going in the next few picks and then it\'ll become fairly spread out, mixing this year\'s guys with older ones.
    I\'m going to be sneaky here and ask for some advice My next pick is at #14 so there\'s one more until it\'s my turn again. I\'m going back and forth on who I should take. Luca Caputi, Brian Elliott or Andrej Sekera. I\'ve already taken the best LW in the draft and I have some good LWs on my team, so that speaks against Caputi. I would like to upgrade the Conklin slot among my goalies and Elliott would be nice to put there. I can keep Conklin (the plan is to trade him for a pick in next year\'s draft) and put Elliott on my farm until he\'s a viable fantasy option for the main roster. Sekera would be nice too, but I already have quite a few guys with good potential on D.

I don\'t have a 3rd round pick, so my next pick will be #38. I guess there is a small chance Caputi and Sekera could still be around by then, but Elliott would most certainly be gone, so I\'m leaning more towards him right now. Who would you take?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

sentium wrote:
    sentium wrote:
    My league just completed the first round (of five). Like angus\' league, ours includes undrafted guys from previous years.

1. Stamkos
    2. Filatov (me)
    3. Doughty
    4. Brunnstrom
    5. Bogosian
    6. Boedker
    7. Pietrangelo
    8. Beach
    9. Hodgson
    10. Pickard
    11. Wilson
    12. Boychuk

I can imagine a handful of 2008 draftees going in the next few picks and then it\'ll become fairly spread out, mixing this year\'s guys with older ones.
    I\'m going to be sneaky here and ask for some advice My next pick is at #14 so there\'s one more until it\'s my turn again. I\'m going back and forth on who I should take. Luca Caputi, Brian Elliott or Andrej Sekera. I\'ve already taken the best LW in the draft and I have some good LWs on my team, so that speaks against Caputi. I would like to upgrade the Conklin slot among my goalies and Elliott would be nice to put there. I can keep Conklin (the plan is to trade him for a pick in next year\'s draft) and put Elliott on my farm until he\'s a viable fantasy option for the main roster. Sekera would be nice too, but I already have quite a few guys with good potential on D.

I don\'t have a 3rd round pick, so my next pick will be #38. I guess there is a small chance Caputi and Sekera could still be around by then, but Elliott would most certainly be gone, so I\'m leaning more towards him right now. Who would you take?
    I\'ll lean towards Elliott, away from Sekera, and far away from Caputi.

Elliott is ready for backup duty with ottawa. He was a monster in Binghamton, and while that doesn\'t always breed NHL success, he has the skillset to make gerber nervous. In fact, Gerber had better be working his regimen right now, because Elliott is an he has much better work ethic and determination. He\'s not lazy. He doesn\'t take games off. He knows that #1 spot isn\'t locked up, and knows he can squeeze in there if he plays good enough.

Sekera is going to do serious offensive damage in the 2nd half of this upcoming season. He\'ll steal the PP spot away from Paetsch, and unless some UFA comes in(unlikely) he\'ll be the guy. Of course, in Buffalo, that\'s not saying a whole hell of a lot, but he has high upside and high work ethic and skillset.

Caputi...I haven\'t seen as much of, honestly. I\'ve seen enough to know he\'s a good winger prospect, but his value is there because he\'s in the penguins system. Fact is, he\'s overrated because of it, and he won\'t end up as anything more efficient than Malone. He\'ll never be a top line guy. A solid 2nd liner.

Sekera meanwhile can be a #1 PPQB guy who\'s defensively aware enough to be a top pairing.
    Elliott can be a top 8 goalie.

Take the upside and the present status.

Elliott>Sekera>>Caputi.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Excellent points. Karma +1
    Thanks!
    GO WINGS!

The Great One

lockedge wrote:
    sentium wrote:
    sentium wrote:

1. Stamkos
    2. Filatov (me)
    3. Doughty
    4. Brunnstrom
    5. Bogosian
    6. Boedker
    7. Pietrangelo
    8. Beach
    9. Hodgson
    10. Pickard
    11. Wilson
    12. Boychuk

I\'ll lean towards Elliott, away from Sekera, and far away from Caputi.

Elliott is ready for backup duty with ottawa. He was a monster in Binghamton, and while that doesn\'t always breed NHL success, he has the skillset to make gerber nervous. In fact, Gerber had better be working his regimen right now, because Elliott is an he has much better work ethic and determination. He\'s not lazy. He doesn\'t take games off. He knows that #1 spot isn\'t locked up, and knows he can squeeze in there if he plays good enough.

Sekera is going to do serious offensive damage in the 2nd half of this upcoming season. He\'ll steal the PP spot away from Paetsch, and unless some UFA comes in(unlikely) he\'ll be the guy. Of course, in Buffalo, that\'s not saying a whole hell of a lot, but he has high upside and high work ethic and skillset.

Caputi...I haven\'t seen as much of, honestly. I\'ve seen enough to know he\'s a good winger prospect, but his value is there because he\'s in the penguins system. Fact is, he\'s overrated because of it, and he won\'t end up as anything more efficient than Malone. He\'ll never be a top line guy. A solid 2nd liner.

Sekera meanwhile can be a #1 PPQB guy who\'s defensively aware enough to be a top pairing.
    Elliott can be a top 8 goalie.

Take the upside and the present status.

Elliott>Sekera>>Caputi.
    Yeah thanx for the informative post. I completely missed the boat on Elliot. In fact when he was taken I had absolutely no idea who he was:blush:

Cant win em all I guess...

Dobber Sports Pro

Actually, around last March or so, I was pretty livid over Dobber ranking some \"Brian Elliot\" dude higher than Glass, who I\'d been watching for a while. He had apparently posted great numbers in college, but since I can\'t see college games, I totally had no idea who he was(which is why I try to watch Jr A games because at least I can get a feel for their development once they hit college).

Egg in my face. I vowed to watch him INSANELY closely, after I drafted him in another league of course, and as weeks went by I quickly realized that \"holy shit this kid is good\".

So I\'m pretty lucky the guys here pointed him out to me or I wouldn\'t be sitting on ottawa\'s future starting goalie.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I picked Elliott with #14. The pick before was Josh Bailey.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

I\'m so happy with how my prospect draft worked out. We are able to pick anyone who has played less than 25 games in the NHL. With almost all the GM\'s fighting over this years picks I was able to cash in big time. I obtained alot of draft picks throughtout the season and had the 5th, 6th, 8th, 17th, and 20th pick. Only had 5 open spots dropping Russell, Kindl, Grigorenko and Filewich and an ipen spot from calling up Backstrom.

Top 4 picks were: Stamkos, Filatov, Doughty and Boedker.

My picks:
    5. Pietrangelo
    6. Bogosian
    8. Purcell
    17. Shattenkirk
    20. Backlund

Others on my farm: Price, Rask, Berglund, Giroux and Hensick
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow, Backlund at #20 must indeed be sweet!

I figure I\'ll be able to do something similar in my league, although our prospect pool is a bit more watered down. The GMs I\'ve talked to all seem preoccupied with the 2008 draftees.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

sentium wrote:
    Wow, Backlund at #20 must indeed be sweet!

I figure I\'ll be able to do something similar in my league, although our prospect pool is a bit more watered down. The GMs I\'ve talked to all seem preoccupied with the 2008 draftees.
    Let them take the 2008 draftees and you cash in on the mosre NHL ready guys.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Padawan

Reprimand wrote:
    sentium wrote:

1. Stamkos
    2. Filatov (me)
    3. Doughty
    4. Brunnstrom
    5. Bogosian
    6. Boedker
    7. Pietrangelo
    8. Beach
    9. Hodgson
    10. Pickard
    11. Wilson
    12. Boychuk

Hey All,
    Bobby Sanguinetti is still available in my entry draft. Where would you put him on this list? My keeper pool is points only.
    #7 (before Pietrangelo)

EDIT:
    brunstrom would prolly not make my top 10 (i\'d also slot wilson and hodgson in before beach)
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

jeff88_5

Look at my 24 sim league draft:

R Name Pos NHL
    5. Mikkel Boedker RW 8.
    11. Cody Hodgson C 10.
    25. Anton Gustafsson C 21.
    38. Erik Karlsson D 15.
    49. AAron Ness D 40.
    61. Jacob Markstrom G 31.
    67. Jan Mursak LW DET
    70. Brandon Burlon D 52.
    73. Thomas McCollum G 30.
    85. Prabh Rai RW 131.
    90. Eric Mestery D 57.
    93. Josh Brittain LW 71.
    99. Tyler Ruegsegger RW TOR
    106. Tyler Schmidt D ND
    107. Marc-André Bourdon D 67.
    116. Kaspar Daugavin LW OTT
    130. Eric Tangradi C ANA
    140. Patrick Maroon LW PHI
    154. Mark Barberio D 152.
    155. Viktor Thikonov RW 28.
    164. Dustin Tokarski G 122.
    178. Thomas Knotek W ND
    188. Igor Revenko W ND
    202. Milan Doczy D ND
    212. Tyler Beskorowany G 59.

I like it ^^

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That\'s pretty impressive for a 24 team league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Buck Fush wrote:
    #7 (before Pietrangelo)

EDIT:
    brunstrom would prolly not make my top 10 (i\'d also slot wilson and hodgson in before beach)[/quote]

Thanks! +1
    __________________________________________________ _____
    18 team H2H Points only keeper league. 6FW 4D 1G

Kopitar, Kane, Backstrom, Giroux, Berglund, Elias, Steen, J Jokinen
    Byfuglien, OEL, Yandle,
    Rinne

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My draft has started, so I\'m going to keep track of it in my first post of the thread, if anyone\'s interested...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My league\'s first three rounds are finally finished, after a lot of delays. There are still two rounds left and I have three picks left. Didn\'t have one in the third round because of a trade, but none of my main targets were taken.

Round 1:

1 Steve Stamkos
    2 Nikita Filatov (me)
    3 Drew Doughty
    4 Fabian Brunnstrom
    5 Zach Bogosian
    6 Mikkel Boedker
    7 Alex Pietrangelo
    8 Kyle Beach
    9 Cody Hodgson
    10 Chet Pickard
    11 Colin Wilson
    12 Zach Boychuk

Round 2:

13 Josh Bailey
    14 Brian Elliott (me)
    15 Mattias Tedenby
    16 Luke Schenn
    17 Joe Colborne
    18 Jacob Markstrom
    19 Ville Leino
    20 Thomas McCollum
    21 Michael Del Zotto
    22 Tyler Myers
    23 Jordan Eberle
    24 Evgeny Grachev

Round 3:

25 Colten Teubert
    26 Vladimir Sobotka
    27 Keith Yandle
    28 Jeff Finger
    29 Jimmy Hayes
    30 Erik Karlsson
    31 Daniel Larsson
    32 Michal Repik
    33 Blake Wheeler
    34 Janne Pesonen
    35 Nathan Gerbe
    36 Viktor Tikhonov

Some notes: The guy who took both Jeff Finger and Luke Schenn is a die-hard Toronto fan. His loss. I\'m surprised at how few older guys are taken. There are still a bunch of quality prospects from earlier years available.
    GO WINGS!