Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eberle trade ... Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Eberle trade ... Thoughts?

I think this is a fair trade on both sides and time will tell on who got the better end of the deal. I also recently acquired Kreider in my keeper league and was very impressed with him during the playoffs. I think he has the potential to be one of the better power forwards in the league and think that next year he is going to rack up some decent powerplay points as he seems to have secured a spot in front of the net on the Rangers top powerplay. I agree that Eberle is the better player today but I think in a few years getting a multi-cat guy like Kreider as well as Bennett and a 4th will look like a steal.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned (mounD tsk tsk ) is that this is a salary cap league as well. Eberle is on 6m/year, Kreider is RFA (not sure what to expect) and Bennett is 0.9m this year and RFA next year.
    I didn't mention the salaries, as I currently have $25 million in cap space (out of projected $95-96 million cap next year), and only four RFAs to sign: Gardiner, Kreider, Silfverberg, and Berglund. The salary numbers are relevant, to be sure, but not much of an issue for me at this point. I would expect something in the $3-4mil neighborhood for Kreider, and if Bennett can manage a "rebound" season in 2014-15, then he should be getting a slightly less-expensive bridge contract.

Thanks for mentioning the salary issue here, Horrorfan (CGY GM in this league); however, I'm swimming in cap space right now
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I didn't mention the salaries, as I currently have $25 million in cap space (out of projected $95-96 million cap next year), and only four RFAs to sign: Gardiner, Kreider, Silfverberg, and Berglund. The salary numbers are relevant, to be sure, but not much of an issue for me at this point. I would expect something in the $3-4mil neighborhood for Kreider, and if Bennett can manage a "rebound" season in 2014-15, then he should be getting a slightly less-expensive bridge contract.

Thanks for mentioning the salary issue here, Horrorfan (CGY GM in this league); however, I'm swimming in cap space right now
    Oh I know and appreciate that, but it's always helpful to give the full settings so others can give you complete advice. Some may look at 'value' differently based on the salaries, without having to focus on your cap space (which of course is relevant in looking at the full picture). The main question you asked was whether you got enough in return, so IMO salary should be a part of this evaluation. Furthemore, from another perspective it's good to mention your available cap space as it shows that Eberle's salary wasn't as constraining on your squad as it could be for others.

Anyway, good discussion.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think its a good trade for both teams.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Even enough, maybe a 3rd round pick would have made it a bit better. But both sides have to win a trade tho. I think you’ll find he got the better player, but you got the better players. Your team is young and Bennett fits the bill of youth for your team, and Kreider is going to get a lot more minutes once Richards is bought out (and in turn, more faceoff win chances). You’ve freed up some salary cap I bet, but your team shouldn’t need a cap break, but in 3 yrs look for big pay upgrades for Mac, Nich, Lindholm, and Hube. So if you have that cap space now, you won’t be struggling to trade away players to make room.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good trade, both teams.
    I'm a big fan of Eberle and expect him to bounce back... but at $6m/year, he his a bit high on the value-per-dollar aspect of salary cap leagues.
    Kreider has a very, very nice season - but I honestly am not sure he'll continue that every season.
    Beau Bennett, IMO, will be a nothing down the road.

Trade is basically Eberle-for-Kreider... which I think will shake out to be pretty even.

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok guys this has me scared that I over value Eberle. I just made a deal for him today! I dealt away Patty Kane for J Eberle and Ryan Mcdonough. My league is Points only though and no salary cap. I just felt like Ryan Mcdonough is as great player and helped me more than i sacrificed by dropping from Kane to Ebbs. What say you? I always love your guys take on deals.

Thanks!!!
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Ok guys this has me scared that I over value Eberle. I just made a deal for him today! I dealt away Patty Kane for J Eberle and Ryan Mcdonough. My league is Points only though and no salary cap. I just felt like Ryan Mcdonough is as great player and helped me more than i sacrificed by dropping from Kane to Ebbs. What say you? I always love your guys take on deals.

Thanks!!!
    Start a new thread for this.

Dobber Sports Stud

will do sorry
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Expert

When Edmonton hits its stride, Eberle could be a Toews-like player. He is not that far off right now. He will be surrounded with immense talent. Personally, I do not make this deal.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi