Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E3 2014

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default E3 2014

Im still trying to decide what new console to buy and was banking on E3 to help me figure things out. Im a 360 owner right now so it would be tough to switch....but PS4 has some awesome stuff coming out.

The gameplay demo from Arkham Knight absolutely blew my mind. Cannot wait to play the Witcher and obviously NHL 15. The Show has always been the one game I've really missed out on having Xbox, but damn Uncharted 4 will probably be insane.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: E3 2014

After being a happy 360 owner since its release, I made the switch to the PS4 this gen, and I love it.

Because of the crazy 30% off E3 sale that we got in Canada, I pre-ordered 11(!) PS4 games. I agree, Arkham Knight looks insane, as do so many upcoming games. We're about to see a big leap in graphics and sheer scope of games soon, by the looks of things.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    After being a happy 360 owner since its release, I made the switch to the PS4 this gen, and I love it.

Because of the crazy 30% off E3 sale that we got in Canada, I pre-ordered 11(!) PS4 games. I agree, Arkham Knight looks insane, as do so many upcoming games. We're about to see a big leap in graphics and sheer scope of games soon, by the looks of things.
    Where is this sale!?!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i was a 360 guy too, gonna switch to ps4 this september. hoping they do a nhl 15 bundle

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    hoping they do a nhl 15 bundle
    That would be awesome!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Where is this sale!?!!
    It ended today, unfortunately. Sorry, man, it didn't even occur to me to mention it here. I totally should have. Good news is that we get these sales every year during E3. Americans don't get them, for some reason. Last year it was $20 off each, if you pre-ordered 3 or more games; this year it was 30% off, which is slightly better, with the current price of games.
    Next year check out Best Buy, Amazon.ca and Future Shop, as that's where these sales end up. Best Buy's deal was a shade better than the others this year, so that's who I went with.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Damn.....so close.

Ive been doing research all weekend. I can't decide!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

One big factor is the lack of MLB game for Xbox right now. I believe 2K is done. Like WTF let's go here!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Did you pay for them or will you pay for them when they're shipped? If you paid for them now, please consider why stores want you to pre-order. They want your capital now, long before the games are released. Consider how many customers pre-order and then think about how much money that gives them just on interest before the customers actually get their wares. Then there's the whole thing with paying something that could be complete shit, as has been the case with MANY high-profile games in recent years. Why not wait for reviews and collect your own interest?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Did you pay for them or will you pay for them when they're shipped? If you paid for them now, please consider why stores want you to pre-order. They want your capital now, long before the games are released. Consider how many customers pre-order and then think about how much money that gives them just on interest before the customers actually get their wares. Then there's the whole thing with paying something that could be complete shit, as has been the case with MANY high-profile games in recent years. Why not wait for reviews and collect your own interest?
    Thanks, Dakkster. I only pay when they ship. There's no way I'd put over $600 down on games like that.

These are games that will come out (presumably) over the next year and a half, and I can either cancel them before they come out, or return them unopened after they ship. I'll likely keep most of them, but there are a few question marks for which I'll be watching for reviews before making my final decision.

HR, for what it's worth, I've got a friend who plays mostly sports games (MLB, NHL, FIFA, Madden, racing games, etc.), and he went with the PS4 and is loving it. Unless you've got a list of close friends who've got the XBO, I don't see much reason to get that system over the PS4, although Sunset Overdrive looks fun.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks, Dakkster. I only pay when they ship. There's no way I'd put over $600 down on games like that.

These are games that will come out (presumably) over the next year and a half, and I can either cancel them before they come out, or return them unopened after they ship. I'll likely keep most of them, but there are a few question marks for which I'll be watching for reviews before making my final decision.
    Ah, good then

I used to work at GameStop, so I know how management thinks and what they want :P They wanted us to push pre-orders like crazy. They still do, according to my friends still at the company. The money the collect on interest is obscene.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Ah, good then

I used to work at GameStop, so I know how management thinks and what they want :P They wanted us to push pre-orders like crazy. They still do, according to my friends still at the company. The money the collect on interest is obscene.
    Or the whole gift cards industry. All companies would rather have a dollar in the pocket now then later. Finance 101 "A dollar today is worth more then a dollar tomorrow".

Anyhow, I'm a Nintendo guy. I have to say that E3 - on the Nintendo side - definitely was great. I was kind of on the edge for getting a Wii U eventually, and not only did they seal the deal (Xenoblade Chronicles X alone kind of did it before anyways), but made me consider getting one earlier then I may have anticipated (ie : this year instead of only when Xeno came out).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Immortal

One of the things that worries me if I switch.....I have spent quite a bit of time with Xbox Achievements. I think they're a great secondary feature to every game I play. And ya...they would transfer to my Xbox One account.

Ive heard PS has their own trophy system which is pretty similar. But does anyone know if it's the same "goals" that get you the rewards on each console.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    One of the things that worries me if I switch.....I have spent quite a bit of time with Xbox Achievements. I think they're a great secondary feature to every game I play. And ya...they would transfer to my Xbox One account.

Ive heard PS has their own trophy system which is pretty similar. But does anyone know if it's the same "goals" that get you the rewards on each console.
    The trophy system on PS3 is much better IMO - with X-Box, you get points which add up to a total, but the trophy system lets you know how many of the more difficult ones you've gotten (Bronze, silver, gold and the ever precious Platinum). The trophies have point values as well, so its a double-reward system.

And yes, the acheivements and trophy requirements are pretty much identical cross-platform on the same game.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

(hockeyrobot - tried sending this to you in a message but your inbox is full)

Here's my trophy profile, should give you a good idea of how it works - IMO its pretty cool, I love stats/charts, etc:

http://psnprofiles.com/Cthulu-72
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    (hockeyrobot - tried sending this to you in a message but your inbox is full)

Here's my trophy profile, should give you a good idea of how it works - IMO its pretty cool, I love stats/charts, etc:

http://psnprofiles.com/Cthulu-72
    Well that's weird. Thanks man. Ya Ive heard about their trophy system. Sounds pretty cool.