Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jumbo Joe a Blackhawk??

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Jumbo Joe a Blackhawk??

Maybe they can send him back to Boston, work a deal for Marchand.

As for Teravainen, you're right Zorro, I don't think TT is anything special, but I'm trying to look at it from the Hawks perspective.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Is Teravainen that special that you wouldnt want arguably the best assist man in the NHL?? Thornton would be the best #2 centerman in the league..
    Short answer, he's not.

Administrator

So easy to make up rumors...

1) Hawks have long wanted to upgrade their centerman behind Toews
    2) Thornton is available for trade

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I feel like Tampa would be a good fit for him, but I don’t know if he goes there. I can’t see Joe pulling an Iginla, saying he wants to play with a player (Crosby). More of a he wants to play for a team.

Nonis just came out and said they are looking to move up in the draft, so the 8th overall and another top player is out of the question to acquire Jumbo Joe (until past the top 5 picks are done in the draft).

The players that were mentioned earlier in the offseason that were untouchable were Kessel, Bernier, Reilly, and Bozak. So JvR, Kadri, Dion, Gardiner, Franson, Reimer, Bolland, Holland, Lupul, and Kuli are all up to be involved in a trade. Dion be involved in the Thorton trade, SJ is deep at center too. So JvR would have to be the main piece of the Thorton trade.

If JvR is traded, I’ll be stupid upset as a Leaf Fan. He’s arguably been the most improved Leaf over the last 2 yrs.
    I dont understand why JVR wouldn't be on the untouchable list. He arguably has better chemistry with Kessel than Bozak does. They stole him from Philly and are just starting to reap the rewards. They'd be dumb to move him.

SJ could use a guy like Gardiner now that Boyle is gone. With all due respect to Burns, Demers, Vlasic and Co, there isn't a potential PP QB in their group. Gardiner at least fits that bill. Send Kadri + Gardiner for Thornton.

Not likely that anyone takes Bolland with his contract expiring.

Dobber Sports Titan

I really don’t get how he isn’t untouchable. Unless his price is just really high. Maybe Nonis is thinking if they ship Kadri + JvR it’s like shipping Kadri + Schenn…

I think the Bozak signing was the keep Kessel happy so he can be resigned. Bozak over his career has steadily improved in almost every cat tho. Kessel and JvR may have better chemistry that can be seen, but I think Bozak makes that line go. He is able to play a strong defensive game to make the 2 wingers play offensively. So Bozaks chemistry is the ability to let others play their game?

I like Gardiner too; I wish he wasn’t on the block. The chemistry him and Reilly developed was very promising. But if it brings Thorton over, I wouldn’t be too upset, mostly because Leafs are actually pretty deep on D for a team that doesn’t have a legit #1 D-man. The thing people keep forgetting about Gardiner is that he’s only turning 24. Some D aren’t even in the NHL at that age yet. He’s still needs to develop.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Is Teravainen that special that you wouldnt want arguably the best assist man in the NHL?? Thornton would be the best #2 centerman in the league..
    No, I guess not. But then if the Hawks do not win the Cup next season it's just a wasted asset and I don't like deals that are "do or die". I have some concerns over how well Jumbo would mesh with the Hawks....Kane is the "man" and the puck carrier on the 2nd line there might be some issues there. I suppose Thornton and Hossa together could be a pretty beastly line.

If the Hawks can use Leddy as a key piece in the deal, I'd love it. I do think he has value around the league, and he can still become a player, but right now if he has to go then so be it.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar