Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tallon: Panthers have received ‘fair offer’ for first overall pick

Banned

Default Tallon: Panthers have received ‘fair offer’ for first overall pick

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-overall-pick/

Let the speculation begin...who do you think it is?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Tallon: Panthers have received ‘fair offer’ for first overall pick

I wouldnt have considered Calgary as an option as they really dont have a lot of depth to offer up a team like Florida for the 1st overall.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll take a stab at it. Sven Baertschi and the 4th overall pick.

The only reason I am throwing this out there is the flames have a lot of prospect depth at left wing with Gaudreau, Poirier and Klimchuk and this is probably what it would take for Florida to consider moving the #1 pick.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Banned

There was speculation on the weekend that Calgary had offered the 4th pick and tj brodie for the first and they would then take ekblad.

Banned

I dunno why they don't just take Ekblad?
    Why trade down when you've got a franchise d-man sitting there waiting for you and you desperately need just such a player?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I dunno why they don't just take Ekblad?
    Why trade down when you've got a franchise d-man sitting there waiting for you and you desperately need just such a player?
    I would agree with you, unless FLA doesn't think Ekblad is going to be a franchise d-man...but really? Why not roll the dice with Ekblad? FLA has a decent amount of high end offensive prospects and I don't see that many young studs on their back end.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

I see it the other way. There is less separation among the top five in this draft than in any I can remember, so if Tallon can add someone like Horvat or Sven... That is huge value for not moving far down, value-wise, in the draft.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    I see it the other way. There is less separation among the top five in this draft than in any I can remember, so if Tallon can add someone like Horvat or Sven... That is huge value for not moving far down, value-wise, in the draft.
    I'd understand it if one of those top five weren't a defenseman. Those top four forwards are meh if you have the size and young talent that the Panthers have coming up, but a potential stud D? Hmm, I guess Tallon is just keeping his options open. Hey Dale, see what Edmonton wants and take them up on it...pretty please.

Dobber Sports Star

maybe the offer is nurse & edmonton's pick (#3) for florida's pick (#1)
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'd understand it if one of those top five weren't a defenseman. Those top four forwards are meh if you have the size and young talent that the Panthers have coming up, but a potential stud D? Hmm, I guess Tallon is just keeping his options open. Hey Dale, see what Edmonton wants and take them up on it...pretty please.
    I subscribe to the idea that a well-run organization doesn't plug their current holes with an 18 year old. If having Dal Collie and Horvat allows them to trade excess talent for a defensemen in a couple of years, then it would be worth it.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    I hope not, but if Edmonton thinks Ekblad is superior to Nurse, then that might satisfy both sides. I like Nurse's physical upside. I don't know enough about Ekblad's game yet to say which player has a higher upside.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    I subscribe to the idea that a well-run organization doesn't plug their current holes with an 18 year old. If having Dal Collie and Horvat allows them to trade excess talent for a defensemen in a couple of years, then it would be worth it.
    Great point and I agree with you...up to a certain point; stud defensemen are held onto with kung-fu grips by GM's everywhere and cannot be had for excess talent. I guess if you are able to see something their current team doesn't (McDonagh and I'm sure there are several more examples like this), but that requires an element of luck in order to snag a player like that from under the nose of a rival GM.

I...am your father.

I thought we all agreed that he was getting Phaneuf and Kadri for it
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

If they actually were willing to trade it then I don't know why the other team would want it. Speaks to the quality of the draft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    That's a possibility I hadn't considered but it does make some sense if EDM really covets Ekblad.
    Personally I think he's very likely to be the next Pietrangelo or Hedman and he's not far off from stepping into the NHL full time. A team like Edmonton could really use him asap, perhaps FLA sees themselves as a few years further away and that's why they're considering dealing him?